Your Bowl Lineup | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Your Bowl Lineup

Attendance is listed as 38,274 that is actually very poor and the team was playing bad down the stretch. This is a much more capable offensive unit and they have played well late in the season. Put us up against West Virginia who travels well and your looking at 50K. Put us in the Belk or even Russel and you are not getting favorable attendance results no matter how giddy everyone is at the moment.

Team is giddy about the other 2 options. They've been to the Pinstripe. It's cold at the Pinstripe. A fan may want the Pinstripe but I'm hoping the team gets their wish.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

We would bring no one compared to the numbers WFVU would bring. Playing well or being much more 'capable' offensively has nothing to do with it, and wouldn't bring a lot more people. 50K? Maybe. But I don't see us bringing more than we did two years ago.

You're correct. We wont bring anymore than we did 2 years ago. We brought a lot. About the max you'll get from our fanbase for any bowl. We were giddy just getting to a bowl again.

Only one claiming Syracuse has a shot at the Russell bowl is Bees and he lives in his own homer Syracuse fantasy world... Kind of like a Bees in wonderland thing...

Hope you read the Russell Bowl tweets tonight. Guess it's not just in my homer fantasies that SU is being talked about.

Hope you read the Russell Bowl tweets tonight. Guess it's not just in my homer fantasies that SU is being talked about.

So, how about posting a link?

They are all contained in this thread...

Most, but not all.

Just search on Russell bowl on twitter.

An SU-VT game would be just fine with me.

We better hope GT doesn't upset FSU. If they do, FSU or Clemson is going to the Russell. If we are there, not sure I want to play one of them.

i wouldnt mind playing clemson as it would be a shootout as there defense is on par with west virginia

that was me who brought up non conference schedule and saying we would be 9-3

Someone with a twitter account should also remind them that Cincy played 2 FCS teams. They keep talking about them as a 9-3 team, in my mind they best they can do is 8-3.

Most, but not all.

Just search on Russell bowl on twitter.

Gotcha- not a tweeter (maybe I need to make the jump) so I was just going by all the reposts here.

When in doubt you never go wrong rooting for Rutgirls failure.

Actually, the more I thunk about it, I now think L'Ville will get the Russell if they lose. Good attendance and travel, within a days drive. Star QB named Teddy. Also the ACC could be pushing for them to help justify why they (selected/are selecting) them to join the conference. The only thing I can see going against them is us crushing them and they have had 2 bad losses in a row, could it be three bad losses in a row? I guess if Rutty is going to win, then I hope they blow them out of the water.

But for now I'll have to root for LVille to rob Rutty of their BCS ... maybe they'll get shunned because they are Rutgers, they are boring and on a losing streak. They have scored 16 points in the past 2 weeks and have only scored over 28 twice and they couldn't even put up more against Army. Rutty losing also give us a share of the BE title so I guess you have to root for that.

WV might not be traveling all that well given the poor season they had. good thing they beat Iowa state . why would WV fans who are pissed at the season want to travel to cold weather site and play a team they saw for 30 years,

By Andrea Adelson

BCS, Orange, Jan. 1 -- Rutgers versus ACC. So this means I am picking the Scarlet Knights to beat Louisville on Thursday night.

Russell Athletic, Dec. 28 -- Louisville versus ACC. Why am I going with Rutgers? Teddy Bridgewater is extremely banged up, the Cardinals suddenly have no running game and the defense is just so-so.

Belk, Dec. 27 -- Cincinnati versus ACC. Still alive for at least a share of the Big East title.

New Era Pinstripe, Dec. 29 -- Syracuse versus Big 12. The Orange close the season at 7-5 and still have a shot for at least a share of a Big East title. There is a caveat here, though. If Pitt is bowl eligible AND West Virginia is available, there is the very real possibility this game could feature the two rivals playing the Backyard Brawl once again.

BBVA Compass, Jan. 5 -- Pitt versus SEC. The Panthers have made this bowl their second home. Will they get bumped up to the Pinstripe for a tantalizing matchup against the Mountaineers? I could easily see Pitt and Syracuse swapping these spots.

Beef 'O' Brady's, Dec. 21 -- No team eligible.

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigeast/post/_/id/39681/big-east-bowl-projections-week-14-3

I'd be surprised if the Belk choose Cincy over us.

i dont see wvu in the stripe...they will beat kansas this week and be ahead of prob baylor and also tied with texas tech...

did some quick research and apparently the Big 12 doesn't have a one win rule. As long as there's a spot for all bowl eligible teams, their non BCS bowls can pick anyone they want.

By Andrea Adelson

BCS, Orange, Jan. 1 -- Rutgers versus ACC. So this means I am picking the Scarlet Knights to beat Louisville on Thursday night.

Russell Athletic, Dec. 28 -- Louisville versus ACC. Why am I going with Rutgers? Teddy Bridgewater is extremely banged up, the Cardinals suddenly have no running game and the defense is just so-so.

Belk, Dec. 27 -- Cincinnati versus ACC. Still alive for at least a share of the Big East title.

New Era Pinstripe, Dec. 29 -- Syracuse versus Big 12. The Orange close the season at 7-5 and still have a shot for at least a share of a Big East title. There is a caveat here, though. If Pitt is bowl eligible AND West Virginia is available, there is the very real possibility this game could feature the two rivals playing the Backyard Brawl once again.

BBVA Compass, Jan. 5 -- Pitt versus SEC. The Panthers have made this bowl their second home. Will they get bumped up to the Pinstripe for a tantalizing matchup against the Mountaineers? I could easily see Pitt and Syracuse swapping these spots.

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigeast/post/_/id/39681/big-east-bowl-projections-week-14-3

Compass Bowl would work for me if it is a choice between that or the Pinstripe. Birmingham is closer to me (by about and hour) than Orlando.

Still think its going to be Pinstripe. I dont see Russell picking us...

If, however, WVU gets the Pinstripe nod, not out of question for them to go with the Pitt - WVU matchup (although SU-WVU is pretty damn good too), bumping us to the Belk or evem possibly, beef

By Andrea Adelson

Yes, with the third pick, Belk is going to bypass a bigger name school with a large alumni population in the area to bring in a small-name school with no fanbase.

Ladies and gentlemen, Andrea Adelson!

FWIW, Mandel has us in the Pinstripe vs. Baylor
A loss to Yukon drops them to 8-4.
From a bowl eligibility standpoint they'd be 7-4 vs. Syracuse's 7-5.
Methinks a win by the Huskies gets the Orangemen to Charlotte.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom