‘The Coach’s Son’ | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

‘The Coach’s Son’

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s always much more difficult to take the high road. ‘Calling out’ someone, not to mention in an unsolicited fashion as in this particular instance, speaks for itself IMO. I find it quite interesting after a great W on the road, that one would choose to spend any amount of attention/energy there. But, whatever floats one’s boat I guess.

Eh, it’s just a stupid message board and basketball. Not that deep. I break my friend’s balls when they’re wrong on this stuff too, as do they to me. It’s just sports fan stuff?

Actually, it speaks louder about you in your attempt to get “likes” with that type of post. Bravo!
Or im just sick of his BS schtick saying JB is playing buddy out of nepotism and he doesn’t belong at this level. I find it curious he is nowhere to be found when buddy plays well or when jb does a good job of coaching. It seems to me that if your a fan of the program you should be happy when they win. But if you want to stick up for him that’s great.

I don’t see the need to “take the high road” on a forum, the guy spots shiz daily. He can take some heat when we win and Buddy is a key factor in the game
Yeh. It’s a message board and just so happens the person he criticizes the most (and most of the time unfairly in my eyes) has been playing pretty well this year and leads the ACC in three pointers made. Buddy is developing into a very good player and it’s pretty obvious IMO. Also the topic of this thread is in fact “the coach’s son” so it seems like an on topic discussion.

I don’t see the need to “take the high road” on a forum, the guy spots shiz daily. He can take some heat when we win and Buddy is a key factor in the game

Good for you, it's apparent you feel better for it.

Eh, it’s just a stupid message board and basketball. Not that deep. I break my friend’s balls when they’re wrong on this stuff too, as do they to me. It’s just sports fan stuff?

I understand that it's just a "stupid message board and basketball," etc. I mean, I recall the 'Fab Melo thread' after he passed away...

In regards to breaking your friend's balls and vice versa, it's somewhat different as you have an actual personal relationship with him, so it's all in good fun, etc. I doubt that's the case here relative to the sentiment being spewed Tbone's way.

However, I'm finished spewing my opinion on this particular matter, again, it's just my humble opinion.

Good for you, it's apparent you feel better for it.

I understand that it's just a "stupid message board and basketball," etc. I mean, I recall the 'Fab Melo thread' after he passed away...

In regards to breaking your friend's balls and vice versa, it's somewhat different as you have an actual personal relationship with him, so it's all in good fun, etc. I doubt that's the case here relative to the sentiment being spewed Tbone's way.

However, I'm finished spewing my opinion on this particular matter, again, it's just my humble opinion.

I'm with you on being respectful, and the Fab Melo incident was beyond all of my worst posts combined, and that's saying something. lol

Of course I haven't been around much lately to really gauge how serious anyone is being vs busting chops, so maybe it's not as bad as you perceive it to be?

Good for you...It's apparent you feel better for it.

What does fab melo have to do with any of this? What are you even talking about there?

This is a thread on Buddy. He criticizes buddy in almost every post on here so I called him out for his asinine opinion. Buddy is improving at a rate higher than anyone expected and is turning into quite a player. I’m going to call BS when I see it and most of his posts have been big time BS. If you like it or not that’s up to you idc either way.

Or im just sick of his BS schtick saying JB is playing buddy out of nepotism and he doesn’t belong at this level. I find it curious he is nowhere to be found when buddy plays well or when jb does a good job of coaching. It seems to me that if your a fan of the program you should be happy when they win. But if you want to stick up for him that’s great.

"Nowhere to be found." Perhaps on a Saturday afternoon, in this thing called life, he has a prior engagement/commitment?

What does fab melo have to do with any of this? What are you even talking about there?

This is a thread on Buddy. He criticizes buddy in almost every post on here so I called him out for his asinine opinion. Buddy is improving at a rate higher than anyone expected and is turning into quite a player. I’m going to call BS when I see it and most of his posts have been big time BS. If you like it or not that’s up to you idc either way.

Well, it was until you voluntarily & in an unsolicited fashion, called out someone and allowed a side bar type discussion to ensue. The point about Melo was simply along the lines of how this is a fan message board, so there's no need to take the high road, etc, etc.

I think a lot of people had OVERLY high expectations for Buddy because he was JBs son and they didn’t want people outside of the program bashing on him and saying “he’s only playing because he’s the coaches son.” So they wanted him to be instant superstar. He now has fully grown into his position and every game continues to become better and better...like any recruit would that was rated where he was and was a raw talent.

In defense of the guy defending the other guy, it was not Buddy that was originally mentioned in the mention. The post I saw and responded to asked where he was after a WIN. I haven't been around enough lately to be an expert on who says what, but talking about someone not liking wins is a bit different than about them not liking Buddy, in my opinion. Now both may be true, but that's not what your post says.

To be clear, I am not trying to be critical of you, just defending the guy who is defending the other guy. I dont really know any of you, you all look the same to me.

In defense of the guy defending the other guy, it was not Buddy that was originally mentioned in the mention. The post I saw and responded to asked where he was after a WIN. I haven't been around enough lately to be an expert on who says what, but talking about someone not liking wins is a bit different than about them not liking Buddy, in my opinion. Now both may be true, but that's not what your post says.

To be clear, I am not trying to be critical of you, just defending the guy who is defending the other guy. I dont really know any of you, you all look the same to me.

It’s after any win though. I more meant in that he says all these things about buddy which are patently ridiculous, and than buddy goes out there and proves him wrong numerous times and the guy is nowhere to be found. I can guarantee you if buddy went 0-8 and we lost he would be here posting and bashing this team and coach.

I think a lot of people had OVERLY high expectations for Buddy because he was JBs son and they didn’t want people outside of the program bashing on him and saying “he’s only playing because he’s the coaches son.” So they wanted him to be instant superstar. He now has fully grown into his position and every game continues to become better and better...like any recruit would that was rated where he was and was a raw talent.
I agree. I mean he is really coming along and developing nicely. I thought he was only a three point shooter but he has clearly added a nice midrange game with a Nice pull-up and nice turn around jumper. He’s a much better player at this stage of his career than I think anyone cares to admit.

Indeed. And, to be clear as well, I'm not defending anyone in particular per se, just the premise of going after someone/anyone in generally an unsolicited manner, not to mention after an excellent win to boot on the road. The motivation is interesting IMO.

"Nowhere to be found." Perhaps on a Saturday afternoon, in this thing called life, he has a prior engagement/commitment?

Well, it was until you voluntarily & in an unsolicited fashion, called out someone and allowed a side bar type discussion to ensue. The point about Melo was simply along the lines of how this is a fan message board, so there's no need to take the high road, etc, etc.

Huh? Sidebar conversation? Your the one that brought it up unsolicited. I still have no idea why your mentioning it or what your referring too. And it wasn’t just today. He is nowhere to be found in general after any win. He bashes JB and Buddy, voluntarily might I add, very unfairly and I called him out for it. If you don’t like that, tough. Feel free to block me if it’s such a huge issue to you.

I agree. I mean he is really coming along and developing nicely. I thought he was only a three point shooter but he has clearly added a nice midrange game with a Nice pull-up and nice turn around jumper. He’s a much better player at this stage of his career than I think anyone cares to admit.
JB has said that Buddy is a year ahead of where he thought he would be. Said it was because of how hard he has worked on his game.

It’s after any win though. I more meant in that he says all these things about buddy which are patently ridiculous, and than buddy goes out there and proves him wrong numerous times and the guy is nowhere to be found. I can guarantee you if buddy went 0-8 and we lost he would be here posting and bashing this team and coach.

Like I was saying in a different thread about having a choice of perception, I suppose that being you dont seem to care for his posts you could choose to be happy he isn't logged on instead of complaining about it? I'm only half joking. ;)

As for Buddy, I tuned in a bit late today and missed most of his good game, but the first play I saw was Buddy driving to the hoop and scoring. I remembering thinking to myself that Buddy has really added dimension to his game, and then paused for a moment and wondered how much more he might continue to develop. That thought excited the heck out of me, being I've been pleasantly surprised already.

JB has said that Buddy is a year ahead of where he thought he would be. Said it was because of how hard he has worked on his game.

I think that’s accurate. He is really coming along. JB has to secretly be ecstatic about how buddy is turning himself into such a player.

Huh? Sidebar conversation? Your the one that brought it up unsolicited. I still have no idea why your mentioning it or what your referring too. And it wasn’t just today. He is nowhere to be found in general after any win. He bashes JB and Buddy, voluntarily might I add, very unfairly and I called him out for it. If you don’t like that, tough. Feel free to block me if it’s such a huge issue to you.

If you don't see how you made this thread a side bar conversation by calling out a poster in the manner in which you did, I can't help you there.

I do find it interesting, however, that you allow someone to seemingly get to ("I'm so sick of his BS schtick") you in the way he does that you have never met, etc., is quite odd. If this wasn't a faceless, behind the keyboard temperament of yours, would you confront him in the same way in person? I doubt so. But regardless, you'd likely be much better off focusing your attention and energy directed at the solid W on the road, the growth and success of Buddy as you allude to, etc., than allowing someone you've never met affect you in the manner in which he apparently does.

If you don't see how you made this thread a side bar conversation by calling out a poster in the manner in which you did, I can't help you there.

I do find it interesting, however, that you allow someone to seemingly get to ("I'm so sick of his BS schtick") you in the way he does that you have never met, etc., is quite odd. If this wasn't a faceless, behind the keyboard temperament of yours, would you confront him in the same way in person? I doubt so. But regardless, you'd likely be much better off focusing your attention and energy directed at the solid W on the road, the growth and success of Buddy as you allude to, etc., than allowing someone you've never met affect you in the manner in which he apparently does.

Lol I made it a sidebar? Your the one who has followed my post up with several confusing posts that I’m not sure where your trying to go. I really don’t get the issue here with calling him out on his past posts. It’s a message board? Isn’t that the point of this whole site. I called him out for his stance on a specific issue related to Syracuse basketball.

As far as the second part of your post. I have no idea where your going with this. What the heck are you even talking about man. My Faceless behind a keyboard temperament? I’m faceless behind a keyboard? It’s a damn message board pal. I’m also having a great day so far, your sad words won’t bring me down. Cuse won, about to go watch the Mcgregor fight and it’s a beautiful snowy day in nyc, life is good. He’s a troll and yes I’d gladly say it to his face over a beer. I think you think this is way more than it is. Get off your high horse. I’m done responding to this now so have a great day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom