“Calipari may have maxed out at Kentucky” | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

“Calipari may have maxed out at Kentucky”

I also don't think it will curb boosters and schools from continuing to work outside the rules one bit. I think the schools that do it (i.e. cheat) well will be able to use the NLI as cover, sort of like Mark McGuire leaving his "technically this isn't illegal" andro out in the open as a plausible reason for how he got so huge when everyone knew he was doing other stuff as well.

"Hey, all these kids driving $100k cars are paying for them with their own money from NLI profits!"

Wait, McGuire was juicing?

I would think the new transfer portal process would be right up Calipari’s dirty alley.

I think he may be looking a Quin Snyder and envying that kind of spotlight.
NBA ratings have tanked...sure some NBA coaches are household names but a HC at an elite college isn't far behind if at all.

The downside to college coaching: wooing 15-18 year old brats and his handlers along with trying not to get in trouble with the NCAA.

I would think the new transfer portal process would be right up Calipari’s dirty alley.
The portal allows travel in both directions. Every time he brings in a player, one has to leave, e.g. Johnnie Juzang. The portal hasn't changed the roster limit or the allowed number of scholarships.

The portal allows travel in both directions. Every time he brings in a player, one has to leave, e.g. Johnnie Juzang. The portal hasn't changed the roster limit or the allowed number of scholarships.
True but if he’s just cherry picking the top players, he’s only going to have one year with them anyway. A bunch of one-and-fines, and couple guys that didn’t get to play as much as they want. Next year, lather, rinse, repeat. It’s like it was made for him.

My sincere apologies in advance to those NBA fans amongst us. But they should just let them play the last two, or perhaps five minutes of a regulation game and be done with it.
The NBA has the most talented athletic people on the face of this earth. But the modern NBA game ( I speak for myself only) Is just unwatchable to me.
Best of luck to them but lost interest in the NBA awhile back.
As far as leaving the college ranks to avoid having to endure the egos of 15 - 18 year old kids, try coaching 30 year old multimillionaires !
That should be a scream !
So if Cal wants more of that, then I say, “best of luck with that Cal” !

NBA ratings have tanked...sure some NBA coaches are household names but a HC at an elite college isn't far behind if at all.

The downside to college coaching: wooing 15-18 year old brats and his handlers along with trying not to get in trouble with the NCAA.

It may be just me, but JB, K, Roy and Cal seem to be more well known than any current NBA coach.

If UK has one more bad year do you think he gets fired? I think it’s a possibility.

My sincere apologies in advance to those NBA fans amongst us. But they should just let them play the last two, or perhaps five minutes of a regulation game and be done with it.
The NBA has the most talented athletic people on the face of this earth. But the modern NBA game ( I speak for myself only) Is just unwatchable to me.
Best of luck to them but lost interest in the NBA awhile back.
As far as leaving the college ranks to avoid having to endure the egos of 15 - 18 year old kids, try coaching 30 year old multimillionaires !
That should be a scream !
So if Cal wants more of that, then I say, “best of luck with that Cal” !
My solution for boiling NBA games down to their true essence -

3 guys play HORSE from past the 3-point line worth, 1 point toward the win.
3 guys have a slam dunk competition, worth 1 point toward the win.
2 minutes of actual 5-on-5 basketball after a ping pong ball saying who's ahead and by how many points comes out of a Lotto machine, worth 3 points toward the win.

2 minutes of actual 5-on-5 basketball after a ping pong ball saying who's ahead and by how many points comes out of a Lotto machine, worth 3 points toward the win.
or we could boil down the essence of a uva game-
first team to 40 pts wins
;)

Funny stuff !!!!

Exactly. I'm not a big fan of the modern 3-pt shooting contest that's the NBA, but Covid played a big role in those tanking numbers. As fans come back and things begin opening, I'm hearing more and more references to the playoffs in regular conversation.
"You see KD last night"? "That Trey kid on Atlanta is an a***hole".
"The Knicks looked good this year". "Lebron's such a cry-baby"! etc etc.
It's all coming back around. JMHO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom