1 year early, and 10 pounds too light (or heavy) | Syracusefan.com

1 year early, and 10 pounds too light (or heavy)

ImperialOrange

Living Legend
Unfortunately we haven't any guys that are ready to come in and start from day 1. What's even more unfortunate is the fact that we've had to play guys this year despite this fact. The lack of recruiting angle has been played to death, but looking at the roster we do have alot of guys that should make impacts when they are a year further in progression.

After a year of offseason work the guys should be more comfortable in the system but also it's not a stretch to see a bunch of them a year further in physical developement.

Gulley up to 190 and stronger
AAM down to 225 and quicker
Mackey up to 280 and stronger
West up to 215 or down to 195. Either needs to get stronger, or faster
Alexander down to 320
Trudo and Foy a year older
Bromley up to 290
Chan Jones up to 275 would be scary good
All of our LBs need to add 10 pounds IMO
All of our DBs aside from the Thomas' needed another year, and the freshman CBs are fast but need bulk badly

With reasonable incremental improvements we should have a bunch more game ready guys to pick from and rotate next year. Add in any out of the box true frosh like Thompson, MacFarlane or some others may be and we should be in much better shape.

Wash, rinse, repeat, always next year.. I have seen it for 10 years now

IO, I am with you I have high hopes for next year and is a make or break year for Marrone, who I still believe can bring us to a consistent top 25 type of team.

IB go find a new hobby like playing in traffic.

Wash, rinse, repeat, always next year.. I have seen it for 10 years now

I haven't really ever been a "we'll get em next year" type guy but I don't think we're nearly as far off as we had been in most of the last 10 years. I see young guys that can get bigger and better but are... well... still young. In past years there have been a bunch of starters who were obviously in over their heads and weren't going to make a big jump to be good enough. As always, time will tell.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom