10 days to the return of the best show on TV | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

10 days to the return of the best show on TV

Not going to find an argument here. Sherlock is F-ing good. Just wish there was more than 3 'episodes' per year.

733391b81766bfd12a6c8b822aaf099b.png

• Season 1 (2011): Viewers of the first airing on HBO in the U.S. on Sundays 9:00 pm.
  • Season 2 (2012): Viewers of the first airing on HBO in the U.S. on Sundays 9:00 pm.
  • Season 3 (2013): Viewers of the first airing on HBO in the U.S. on Sundays 9:00 pm.
Nice to know things are looking good in the ratings department, not that HBO or anyone else should give much credence to ratings these days.

I had no idea the ratings were so good this season. The thing with Game of Thrones is that every episode feels like an event. I've gotten into random discussions about the series with complete strangers. I don't remember anything like this from a cultural perspective since the Sopranos.

I read the first three books years ago. So hard to get back into reading and now that the show is catching up, will be even more difficult. But that's ok, as I think the show as a great adaptation to this point.

Ze vorms! Zey are getting avay!

The clear take home: more Richard Harrow is the only antidote v. GoT and True Blood.

Oh, and this:
images

Kind of sad that True Blood is that high. Easily the worst of those four shows, not even close.

True Blood is perfect summer fun. As long as it isn't taking itself seriously, I enjoy it.

Disappointed how poor Boardwalk's ratings are. Season 3 was freaking awesome.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

True Blood is perfect summer fun. As long as it isn't taking itself seriously, I enjoy it.

Disappointed how poor Boardwalk's ratings are. Season 3 was freaking awesome.

Just started Boardwalk recently (just finished ep. 111 a few minutes ago, having two computers at work is fun). I don't love it like some people do, but it's really solid. I'll keep watching for sure.

Just started Boardwalk recently (just finished ep. 111 a few minutes ago, having two computers at work is fun). I don't love it like some people do, but it's really solid. I'll keep watching for sure.

The first two seasons were inconsistent. I think it really found its footing in season 3. And Richard Harrow kicks a**.

The first two seasons were inconsistent. I think it really found its footing in season 3. And Richard Harrow kicks a**.

Richard Harrow is easily my favorite character on tv.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: MCC
Thought last night's episode was easily the best of the season.

I was waiting for a Queen of Thorns vs. Tywin sitdown after she totally dominated the top schemers in Kings Landing. It didn't disappoint.

There was some not-so subtle foreshadowing in another scene - won't say anymore for non-book readers benefit, as you probably wouldn't deduce it without knowing what will happen. I do need to re-read the books because it seems they are adding more and more scenes that I don't remember.

I was waiting for a Queen of Thorns vs. Tywin sitdown after she totally dominated the top schemers in Kings Landing. It didn't disappoint.

There was some not-so subtle foreshadowing in another scene - won't say anymore for non-book readers benefit, as you probably wouldn't deduce it without knowing what will happen. I do need to re-read the books because it seems they are adding more and more scenes that I don't remember.

Huge foreshadowing that you can look to the build up beginning last year with that character's friend.

The Loras and Sansa scene was so hilariously uncomfortably awkward. And the Queen of Thorns rules. She met her match with Tywin though.

A sword swallower through and through, Tyrion proposing that he couldn't decide which of the four would be most miserable by the arrangements and the Loras Sansa conversation produced some much needed comedy.

Greatly deep monologue at the end of that last episode:

I just got caught up with this season. The third book obviously had a ton in it, but it seemed to me that the series has deviated from the books more this season than in the prior two.

Also, anyone know if the third season will be the entire third book or are they going to be breaking it up into two seasons?

I just got caught up with this season. The third book obviously had a ton in it, but it seemed to me that the series has deviated from the books more this season than in the prior two.

Also, anyone know if the third season will be the entire third book or are they going to be breaking it up into two seasons?

2 seasons...this one should end with the RW (probably the second to last episode of this season based on the episode titles)

season 4 will finish a storm of swords and cover some of feast for crows

Painful episode for Theon last night.
So brilliantly written. Probably the most pleasurable situation every (straight) man dreams of ... yet Theon remains cautious, freaking out, afraid he's being duped again ... and just as he finally gives in, forgets about where he is & the pain he's endured, and goes into pleasure-mode ... the horn blows. The horror that washes over him is priceless, his acting in that scene was spectacular.

I really like last night's episode, really well-rounded. So many great scenes.

Tywin dominating Joffrey.

"He's not my one true God", "Who is your God, little girl?"... "Death"

Qyburn was cast perfectly.

By far the best "Hodor" of the series!

Then, of course, 'A bear, a bear there was. A bear! All black and brown and covered in hair.'

So brilliantly written. Probably the most pleasurable situation every (straight) man dreams of ... yet Theon remains cautious, freaking out, afraid he's being duped again ... and just as he finally gives in, forgets about where he is & the pain he's endured, and goes into pleasure-mode ... the horn blows. The horror that washes over him is priceless, his acting in that scene was spectacular.

I really like last night's episode, really well-rounded. So many great scenes.

Tywin dominating Joffrey.

"He's not my one true God", "Who is your God, little girl?"... "Death"

Qyburn was cast perfectly.

By far the best "Hodor" of the series!

Then, of course, 'A bear, a bear there was. A bear! All black and brown and covered in hair.'

I'm a little surprised when I read some recaps where the authors are bored or sick of the Theon torture scenes. I don't "love" them, but I think it adds so much more when you've read the book and know what is really coming for Theon. I'm repeating myself, but his chapters and hopeful road to some type of redemption in Dance is my favorite arc of that book. By far.

The Tywin/Joffrey scene was great.

Emilia Clarke = Danaerys. In a series with such perfect casting, she has taken it to another level this season.

I like where they're going with Gendry, though it seems a little hard to believe that Melisandre was able to find him so easily but whatever, it's worth it to see where it goes.

Two weeks until the the most emotional low point in the whole story including all 5 books. I'm looking forward to reading comments from people who have managed to get through the series without any spoilers. I almost hope HBO doesn't show any scenes in it previews.

Far more invested in Jon and Ygritte.

Love Margaery in the series. Natalie Dormer is great.

Every season is allowed one really bad episode... last night's filled the quota.

I actually kind of enjoyed it. Weren't any parts that tempted me to fast forward.

Gotta love the Queen of Thorns:

"So. Their son (talking to Loras) will be your nephew ...after you're wed to Cersi, of course. And you will be the king's stepfather and brother-in-law. When you (Margaery) marry the king, Joffrey's mother will become his sister-in-law, and your son will be Loras' ...nephew? ...grandson? I'm not sure. BUT, your brother will become your father-in-law. That much is beyond dispute."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom