10 days to the return of the best show on TV | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

10 days to the return of the best show on TV

HBO has found unreal talent to make these books into a series. After just one episode I think the Red Viper will be the best actor yet (sorry Tyrion/Dinklage).

He might have had the best character introduction of anyone in the series to date.

I'm glad they kept the portion about Pod identifying the house sigils of the Dornish lords. And that blue rose Daario gives Dany. Nice little nod to the book readers. But the best line was "What the f*** is a Lommy?"

Arya / Hound buddy show spinoff, please.

One thing that the show has made more clear to me than the books ever could was Arya's descent. She murdered the Frey soldier in cold blood - and aside from being Frey soldiers, they really weren't awful for the world of Westeros (i.e. telling her to f*** off rather than beating/robbing/raping her) and now she derived much joy from killing Polliver. Of course he more than deserved it, but Ned, Robb and Jon Snow kill out of duty or at least tried to instill or perpetuate the myth. Even the Hound (who admits he enjoys killing) has a "code." Seeing Arya in the moment you obviously love it, but then stepping back and realize that she's this little girl who loves killing is disconcerting.

I'm glad they kept the portion about Pod identifying the house sigils of the Dornish lords. And that blue rose Daario gives Dany. Nice little nod to the book readers. But the best line was "What the f*** is a Lommy?"

I became more interested in Dorne seeing that intro than I ever was in the books. And I didn't mind the Dorne chapters, just didn't see how different they are from the rest of the Kingdoms.

5jkmIPL.gif

I think they may introduce us to ____ via Brienne instead of a Frey

I'm up to S2E09. I hate Theon and really hope he gets a brutal death.

Well, tonight's episode ended on a high note.

Just finished watching it. Shocked. Wish it would have been more violent though. I've never despised a TV character as much as him.

Need
New
Book
To
come
out

now.
Have you read the Dunk and Egg novellas? Precursors to the ASOIAF story, and provide ample back-story to help one interpret where the series came from and where it will go.

Oh boy. CPT... Theon will be around for a while.

I'm up to S3E05. I have to hand it to the writers. They have actually made me feel bad for Theon.

Theon's character arc is one of the most compelling in the books IMHO.

I'll probably check the books out at some point, but it isn't my usual genre. I was just furious with his attack on Winterfell and how he acted there. With that said, even he doesn't deserve what he's been through. I know the "ba $tard son" thing is kind of a staple in the genre, but Jon Snow is my favorite character so far.

Last edited:
Just finished watching it. Shocked. Wish it would have been more violent though. I've never despised a TV character as much as him.

Have you ever read the books? Joff's death in the books is awesome:

"Joffrey began to claw at his throat, his nails tearing bloody gauges in the flesh. Beneath the skin the muscles stood out hard as stone. Prince Tommen was screaming and crying."

This next episode should be crazy.

Pearl309 said:

I enjoyed his chapters the most in Dance along with Davos's. The Manderly / Bolton dynamic is one of my favorite of the lesser storylines. House Manderly seems to have survived the War in good condition with their silver, navy and ample access to food. They also seem to have their army intact. And they are truly devoted to the Starks.

Apparently HBO Go accidentally spoiled who the main White Walker at the end of the last episode was.

Spoiler, which I guess will only interest book readers (which is why I put it in this thread and not the mega thread):

The Night's King

Spoilers

Yes, and they supposedly did a 2-day shoot with the actor in his makeup (Yeah, that was a guy, not CGI), so I'd imagine there's a chance we see him again. Interesting parallels from that scene and the tale of the Night's King. There are 13 figures in a line with the baby in the foreground, the 13 in the background are blurry. The Night's King was the 13th Lord Commander of the Watch, ruled for 13 years in the Nightfort. Also, the Last Hero rode out with a dozen other men, accumulating 13 in his group altogether.

I haven't read the books but have read a ton of the ASOIAF wikis and I was convinced the rider who took the baby was going to be Coldhands.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom