10 days to the return of the best show on TV | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

10 days to the return of the best show on TV

Ironically, those were two of the scenes not in the books. This season is going to be one of those that - once you realize how everything turned out - you'll want to immediately go back and rewatch it. There's so much going on with every little conversation that probably can't be appreciated without knowing why. Some deep foreshadowing going on. But I can assure you, you will not be bored for much longer. A lot will be happening this Sunday.
Yah, I noticed that too. I have to admit I'm a rabid fan of that rabid, slobbering lisper Vargo Hoat and was practically on the edge of my seat anticipating his arrival. Then to see some random bannerman (it's surprisingly easy to say that 5 times fast) lop off Jamie's sword socket... I was nonplussed.

I liked the table scene. The instant Tyrion grabbed his chair I knew he'd drag it excruciatingly along the floor before taking his seat. Tywin's face was priceless.

The Pod scene was also not in the books, but amusing.

By far my favorite part of the musical chairs scene was the hysterically sly move by Conleth Hill (actor that plays Varys) that most probably missed;

tumblr_mlb6e0xEFv1qm99fco1_500.gif

tumblr_mlb6e0xEFv1qm99fco2_500.gif

I'm a little surprised no one mentioned the introduction of the Blackfish. That opening scene managed to convey the essence of both him and Edmure as characters without saying a word.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

I'm a little surprised no one mentioned the introduction of the Blackfish. That opening scene managed to convey the essence of both him and Edmure as characters without saying a word.
Agreed. That is an under appreciated talent of directors/actors, especially rare in TV series. It was written exactly that way in the books too, but it worked so much better on film. That artistic method is one of the (many) reasons why 'There Will Be Blood' is a such a masterpiece; 20 minute intro with absolutely no dialogue... yet perfectly conveying every message it intended.

Other than witty, snarky comments by the usual witty snarky characters (Tyrion, Bronn, Jaime, etc.), this is the first episode I recall with humorous moments - the arrow, chair, and Poderick's "copius details" scene. That's a big departure from a generally grim storyline, wonder if it will continue?

The closing scene tonight with the Unsullied was just amazing. I wanted to cheer like we just beat Georgetown.

The closing scene tonight with the Unsullied was just amazing. I wanted to cheer like we just beat Georgetown.

I felt the same way. The mean slave-merchant even reminded me a little bit of JTIII... at least in a follically challenged kind of way.

Kraznys-3x03.jpg
John-Thompson.jpg

And HBO considering a prequel series.

http://io9.com/are-you-ready-for-a-game-of-thrones-prequel-tv-series-458241681

I haven't read the Dunk & Egg stories, but I'd prefer they make a series dedicated to the Wars of Conquest or Robert's Rebellion. I'd love to see the events at Harrenhal with Rhaegar and Lyanna Stark.
The Dunk & Egg stories are cute diversions, and they do offer a few hints at the origins of some key dynamics extant in ASOIAF.

Consider them literary appetizers.

i need more ramsay/reek

glad they have been able to keep that story line "current" as in the boks he/they are absent for a long period of time and upon resurfacing things have gotten worse for poor theon (if that was even possible)

i need more ramsay/reek

glad they have been able to keep that story line "current" as in the boks he/they are absent for a long period of time and upon resurfacing things have gotten worse for poor theon (if that was even possible)

I'm kind of looking forward to watching theon become reek. His chapters and partial redemption were my favorite parts of book 5.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Great scene, I've watched it everytime I notice a replay on one of the HBOs and usually rewind and watch it again. I think my favorite part is the shocked look on the interpreter (who's sneaky hot btw) when Daenerys first speaks in Valyrian.

Reactions: MCC
Great scene, I've watched it everytime I notice a replay on one of the HBOs and usually rewind and watch it again. I think my favorite part is the shocked look on the interpreter (who's sneaky hot btw) when Daenerys first speaks in Valyrian.
The interpreter is stacked. STACKED.

Unfortunately classic buttaface IMHO - maybe it's just the character's makeup / hair; I should probably be more lenient.

The other thing that shocked me was how quickly Drogon incinerated the entire wall around the compound. Go back to the last episode of S02 and he had to have multiple shots on goal to ignite little boy blue. If those three all make it to adulthood... forget it. Daenarys takes all of Westeros in like half an hour.

Butterface!? I think she's gorgeous.

tumblr_m8b3i0uELg1qia0huo1_500.jpg

You be crazy!
OK, it's just the hair then. Sideshow Bob. I retract my buttaface comment.

Impossible to follow up on last weeks epic, so a setup episode made sense this week. And they did set up quite a bit and provide some backstory. Plus nudity in all shapes and sizes - something for all tastes.

Saw a good suggestion on another site - watch the show with closed captioning on. Helps for those scenes where the dialogue is tough to make out, like Jaimes hot tub scene with Brienne.

The best show in TV is filming season 3 right now ... Sherlock!!!
I think Lucy Liu is really hot... but not that hot.

I admit I haven't watched Sherlock. Quirky, good dialogue, suspense?

Wrong Sherlock... assuming he's talking about the BBC series which is probably one of the best things on TV right now. Highly recommend it.

That show is Elementary. Elementary is good but is not as good as Sherlock.

Sherlock is a BBC show that airs on PBS. Benedict Cumberbatch, the bad guy from the new Star Trek movie, is Sherlock and Martin Freeman, Bilbo Baggans in The Hobbit, plays Watson. A season consists of three 90 minute episodes.

Wrong Sherlock... assuming he's talking about the BBC series which is probably one of the best things on TV right now. Highly recommend it.
That show is Elementary. Elementary is good but is not as good as Sherlock.

Sherlock is a BBC show that airs on PBS. Benedict Cumberbatch, the bad guy from the new Star Trek movie, is Sherlock and Martin Freeman, Bilbo Baggans in The Hobbit, plays Watson. A season consists of three 90 minute episodes.
Elementary, of course... that's what I meant. Total Hodor on my part.

DoubleFacepalm2_zps6e8e47eb.jpg

Not going to find an argument here. Sherlock is F-ing good. Just wish there was more than 3 'episodes' per year.

733391b81766bfd12a6c8b822aaf099b.png

• Season 1 (2011): Viewers of the first airing on HBO in the U.S. on Sundays 9:00 pm.
  • Season 2 (2012): Viewers of the first airing on HBO in the U.S. on Sundays 9:00 pm.
  • Season 3 (2013): Viewers of the first airing on HBO in the U.S. on Sundays 9:00 pm.
Nice to know things are looking good in the ratings department, not that HBO or anyone else should give much credence to ratings these days.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom