10 days to the return of the best show on TV | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

10 days to the return of the best show on TV

This is such a tense weekend for fans like myself though (ya ya, 1st world problems, whatever, GFY!). This upcoming episode is bar none the one every fan of the series wanted to see get to film ... the expectations are absurdly too high.

All I want from this episode is a pure, almost line-for-line translation of the text. It was the most powerful chapter of any book I've ever read, there is nothing needed to add or subtract. Just take the book and put it on screen. If it's done right and they pull it off... the scene will be legendary.

This is such a tense weekend for fans like myself though (ya ya, 1st world problems, whatever, GFY!). This upcoming episode is bar none the one every fan of the series wanted to see get to film ... the expectations are absurdly too high.

All I want from this episode is a pure, almost line-for-line translation of the text. It was the most powerful chapter of any book I've ever read, there is nothing needed to add or subtract. Just take the book and put it on screen. If it's done right and they pull it off... the scene will be legendary.

I concur: they shouldn't change anything from the text... except that they should have Tyrion voice over that one thought that I'm entirely sure you're entirely sure I'm referring to.

Tonight's the night! Is it bad that I'm this excited for a tv show?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

i have a feeling I know what's going to be trending on twitter at about 10pm

image.jpg

I was really was disappointed that the entire mental collapse of Cat didn't play out at the end of the episode. I think I read her break-down and inner monologue at the end of the Red Wedding chapter five or ten times before moving on to the next page when I was going through the book.

I noticed a significant number of friends and family that previously only watched the show are now buying & reading the books since that last episode.

The contrast of reactions from last week to this week should be interestingly hilarious.

I have to say I fall into the 'meh' category. I did not find it to be a very good episode at all. Then again any episode without Tyrion is really not worth watching imo.

To be fair much of my criticism of the episode was the same as that of the book. It really seems highly unlikely to me that an execution of this sort could have been so easily pulled off.

I have to say I fall into the 'meh' category. I did not find it to be a very good episode at all. Then again any episode without Tyrion is really not worth watching imo.

To be fair much of my criticism of the episode was the same as that of the book. It really seems highly unlikely to me that an execution of this sort could have been so easily pulled off.

I'm going through Tyrion withdrawal as well. I could watch a full episode of him and Bronn trading barbs, and Bronn threatening people. In fact I don't think I'd oppose a full season of it, kind like bosom buddies but without the laugh track. Or the cross dressing.

That's why the salt and bread was so important. Guest Rights; which is why it was pulled off so easily. That broken vow by the Freys is, obviously, symbolic to the changes coming

I didn't really care for those characters anyway.

Catelyn is in my top 3 most hated. Robb I could take or leave.

i still don't understand these sentiments...yes they both made mistakes but hasn't this series shown us that human nature fosters these types of decisions thus making all characters relatable??

i still don't understand these sentiments...yes they both made mistakes but hasn't this series shown us that human nature fosters these types of decisions thus making all characters relatable??

Catelyn is so annoying in both the books and the movies. I simply don't care for her character at all. She is very much akin to Skylar in Breaking bad for me. Just a total yenta.

Robb is simply not compelling in any sort of way to me. For his death to have been shocking I would have had to cared about his character and invested in it. I simply never did because his whole story line was so very meh.

I would kind of throw Daenerys into that category as well. I know her importance in the story but I just don't find myself interested in her story line what so ever.

The characters I do like are Tyrion, obviously. Best character currently on television. His story basically disappears for an entire book but I cannot see the TV show allowing that to happen. So I expect them to handle him much like they did Theon where they moved his timeline up.

I also really like Jamie, The Hound, Arya (cannot wait for her upcoming story line next season), Jon Snow, Theon, Littlefinger, Yara and Varys. I think Varys in particular is a very underrated character.

With so many characters in the books it is only natural that people will like some and not others.

i see it as, both in the books and series, that the starks really set these scenarios in motion with their "good hearted" deeds.

all of the other characters are so duplicitous that the good with which the starks operated makes them less of a unifiying force...and too that point i don't really hate skylar either....without these archtypes, the stories would have no where to go but sideways.

the juxtaposition of tywin speaking about putting family first to win was nice against the dread that came to cat for doing precisely that same thing....i'm trying to see the context and relate it to the text and while doing that i became a bit more sympathetic to the starks (even though i was like What on many occasions).

The characters I do like are Tyrion, obviously. Best character currently on television. His story basically disappears for an entire book but I cannot see the TV show allowing that to happen. So I expect them to handle him much like they did Theon where they moved his timeline up.

Don't be so sure. There are enough storylines and characters to make it possible for people to kind of forget about Tyrion for most of a season. I'd probably view it similarly to how The Wire handled Jimmy McNulty in season four, in which he goes from being the de facto lead to basically a fringe member of the cast, only popping up occasionally throughout the season.

That's about how I think they COULD handle Tyrion if they want.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom