105 Wins & 73 Losses | Syracusefan.com

105 Wins & 73 Losses

SU Dreaming

been real...not really
#'s do not lie

Feb 14th - 2014 - 25-0 streak ended with a loss against BC
2013–14 Syracuse Orange men's basketball team - Wikipedia

That team had 7 - yes 7 SU players drafted, signed as free agents by NBA teams - some never made it to the show, but all were at least on G teams - 7 players from that team is just incredible

Since then our record 105 wins & 73 losses

This is not about sanctions, did we stop recruiting players? We had less slots to give so yes we had to have a better batting average and yes we were limited to coaches on the road, however deal with the cards you are dealt, the record is the record , you still signed kids

Our offense is not an offense

Read the recent article about Tyus and the NBA scouts - embarrassing - about 6 scouts commented on his game and each basically said he plays 1 on 1 basketball up at SU b/c they do not run offense

We have a coach unwilling to make changes, the broken record continues every game, make a change please, put in different players, i for one would have liked to see Braswell play some, take Oshae out some, not the entire game, but give him a chance, JB is the only head coach in america who talks about well they are freshmen, yes freshmen are the kids that make up the largest % of the nba draft each season

i can't even watch frank howard play basketball anymore, hurt or not, can JB make an adjustment? I mean the guy was so bad vs VA, he has been horrible all season, i feel bad for him, but he is not getting any better with age, this is not a fine wine, we had 3 PG's to start the year, 2 of them just sit on the bench,

what about talking to the press and just providing more and more info to our competition - like - why is he telling the press that Elijah is just not ready, he can't drive around anyone or continue to insult Pascal about what he is NOT

Does "Inspire" exist in that locker room?

Or embarrassing the kids during post game press conferences - just ask Oshae how he feels

I wish each of you could see the 2 hour practices each day - I have only witnessed JB sitting on his chair and watching them run up and down the court, he is not involved with any of the 1st hour of practice, he watches while the other coaches are with their groups

I have never seen JB on the court with the players working before or after practice - never, now, maybe he does, but maybe he doesn't, i just find it very strange

He does not relate to the kids today, i thought it would be different w/ Buddy on the team, but it's not

This is about coaching & recruiting

We are no longer a tier 1 program, clearly middle of the pack

Why should we think the future should be any better w/out changes?

(Gilardino - thanks for the info)

Time for changes to be made

Last edited:
#'s do not lie

This is not about sanctions

I rarely say this, but this is a dumb post. Why the heck do you start at the end of a 25-0 start? Dumb. And to double down on dumb, you say it isn't about sanctions but coaching and recruiting. Well, both recruiting and coaching were badly hurt by, wait for it, the sanctions. Want proof, go back and look at what we looked like during our last round of sanctions. If we didn't get very lucky with Moten being much better than anyone thought and Wallace growing up down the road, we would have fielded teams much worse that what we have now. The sanctions really hurt our recruiting. And the coaches were left coaching kids that were not as good. Over the last 10 years, we have 2 #1 seeds, two other final fours. A 25-0 start. Are we as good now as we were 10 years ago. No. There are a number of reasons for that. The sanctions are at the top of the list. But we have been in this spot before. We do face new challenges with a coaching change on the horizon. Overall, the last 10 years have been as good as any 10 years we have had. We just don't tend to remember the down years in the 90's or the prior 10 years as well as the years we are living through right now.

#'s do not lie

This is not about sanctions

Cuz the recruits are better.

Boom. Next question

Yeah but we're 130 and 73 since the start of the '13-14 season so now what
STiLl sUCkZ, enD TimZ r HeRE!!!

Okay, I'll bite here. All sample sizes have to start somewhere and the longer the time goes by, the more logical it is that older data points might not be as representative of the current data set.

I rarely say this, but this is a dumb post. Why the heck do you start at the end of a 25-0 start? Dumb. And to double down on dumb, you say it isn't about sanctions but coaching and recruiting. Well, both recruiting and coaching were badly hurt by, wait for it, the sanctions. Want proof, go back and look at what we looked like during our last round of sanctions. If we didn't get very lucky with Moten being much better than anyone thought and Wallace growing up down the road, we would have fielded teams much worse that what we have now. The sanctions really hurt our recruiting. And the coaches were left coaching kids that were not as good. Over the last 10 years, we have 2 #1 seeds, two other final fours. A 25-0 start. Are we as good now as we were 10 years ago. No. There are a number of reasons for that. The sanctions are at the top of the list. But we have been in this spot before. We do face new challenges with a coaching change on the horizon. Overall, the last 10 years have been as good as any 10 years we have had. We just don't tend to remember the down years in the 90's or the prior 10 years as well as the years we are living through right now.

Moten? Who is looking back to 1993 1994 ? Do you think they are doing this at UCLA? or Kansas? Or AZ? or UNLV? or UNC? did UNC make any HC changes since 1994?

look at the top 25 programs records since 1994 - how many schools have made leadership changes - please - your response is absurd - 1994 does not matter - u are living in the past - we used to run a fast break with nba players during 1989 to 95 - Coleman & Owens and most of the guys on those teams would start today

For as good as some of your posts are about recruiting insights, your basketball analysis posts are just really odd. I have a sense this is is not coming directly from you. But If Red And the gang are not happy, they should just leave.

Okay, I'll bite here. All sample sizes have to start somewhere and the longer the time goes by, the more logical it is that older data points might not be as representative of the current data set.

Just exclude the 13-14 season all together then. The OP decided to just pick the point where we finished 3-6 for that year. You can't just pick game 26 in that year, coaching and players were the exact same throughout the entire year

For as good as some of your posts are about recruiting insights, your basketball analysis posts are just really odd. I have a sense this is is not coming directly from you. But If Red And the gang are not happy, they should just leave.

you should ask my employees if they enjoy working with me lol

The panthers stumbled to the finish last year going 1-7 in the back half of the season. Yeah but they were 6-2 to start the year... Who cares. They lost 7 games in a row to finish the season before beating the Saints in a meaningless game.

Wait did the OP listen to Gilardino?

The guy that has been wrong about 75 percent of his predictions?

no predictions - just happen to mention the record since 25-0 - that's it - period
yesterday at 313pm on a thread -

Sure. But why cut a season up like that (because the point is lost by not doing so)

The panthers stumbled to the finish last year going 1-7 in the back half of the season. Yeah but they were 6-2 to start the year... Who cares. They lost 7 games in a row to finish the season before beating the Saints in a meaningless game.

Yeah. Cause that's the same thing

i have yet to see a reply that provides any color about the program today - it's just throwing rocks - typical - at least try - i mean this is your defense - the jury took 1 sec

So SU Dreaming - It's easy to say we've had some down years. Obviously we're not performing to what we're all used to. So what's your solution? Fire JB? Because that's what it sounds like

no predictions - just happen to mention the record since 25-0 - that's it - period
yesterday at 313pm on a thread -

Nevermind. I had read it that you were getting inside info from him.

Yeah. Cause that's the same thing
My point is that all the time, points are made by simply looking at the last x # of games.

Strange there is so much backlash about splitting up a season into different portions. It's legit done all the time and talked about all the time. There literally used to be a portion on the selection show called last 10 that showed how every team was doing to end the season. Obviously that is gone, and I agree with it because determining a postseason bracket should include everything from that season because the entire season builds up to that postseason. And absolutely that year 2013-2014 was a fun year, despite a really disappointing tourney. We won 25 straight! But if you're talking about historical trends, choose whatever sample size you want. Fact- in the last 178 games SU has lost 73.

But I digress. Didn't mean to get sucked into this topic. Let's beat Clemson.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom