105 Wins & 73 Losses | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

105 Wins & 73 Losses

OK - what would you prefer i say?

I guess it’s hard to really buy into that as any more than guesswork at this point, based on what I’ve read.

We’ll see.

Yo dude of course his plus/minus was 12...we lost by 12 and he played every minute. Look at his stat line bro.

I really hope that was an attempt at some super dry comedy on his part...

I love this idea of how much better things will be when JB finally retires. You really have no idea how good you've had it as a fan of this program.
For the most part, weve been a mediocre bubble team since joining the ACC.

I guess we could become a cellar dweller but I’d rather take the chance that new blood brings us back to relevance.

Relying on the postseason to salvage a 30+ game season is no way to run a P5 CBB Program of our stature.

JB is a legend. I wish he’d retire. I wouldn’t fire him after this year. However, one more year of this next year and another lackluster recruiting class and I think it needs to be seriously discussed in the Athletic Department.

Relying on the postseason to salvage a 30+ game season is no way to run a P5 CBB Program of our stature.

Couldn't agree more. I find the "it doesn't matter what seed we are" arguments just cringe-worthy. Your seed 100% matters in the long run. 1 seeds go to the Final Four the most often followed by 2 seeds followed by 3 seeds... etc

It's like celebrating your kid being a C student throughout the semester because they pulled out a good grade on a couple finals. It's not sustainable.

Not sure what u are watching either - oshae was a big fat -12 for the game
Looking at the facts which are the stats.

Brissett had the highest TS %, the highest eFG%, and the highest offensive rating on the team yesterday.

So if just knowing that he had 15 points on 7 shots and also 7 rebounds and 3 assists isn’t enough for you to know he played well, try learning which nerd stats to use and what they actually mean.

Exposed.

Reading between the lines that poster has some kind of connection to Autry and speaks zero bad about anything associated to him, but has no issues throwing JB, Gmac etc under the bus...

If that's the case I can only assume Autry isn't happy.

If he has ties to Autry and Autry saw his posts, Autry would literally throw him under the bus.

Brissett had the highest TS %, the highest eFG%, and the highest offensive rating on the team yesterday.

So if just knowing that he had 15 points on 7 shots and also 7 rebounds and 3 assists isn’t enough for you to know he played well, try learning which nerd stats to use and what they actually mean.

Exposed.
Funny got quiet here all of a sudden.

SU Dreaming is like the weird Orangeman13 redux... 1/2 kinda insider sort, 1/2 mislead crazy zealotry
Won’t lie...had the EXACT SAME THOUGHT
227gx1.jpg

I love this post. So, is your suggestion that JB was a phenomenal coach when we were 25-0 and then simply fell off the map? Do you think it's worth mentioning that in that time frame we've been to a final four and a sweet 16? I only mention this b/c if we were winning a ton of games but losing early in march, JB would get crushed for that as well, so it's at least worth mentioning. How about other mitigating factors that have contributed to some of the struggles the past few years?

I think people exaggerate this argument - yes, JB would be criticized for early exits. Every coach is, but that's about it. It would be a tag, or label, "can't win the big games." However, you would still have the sustained play to argue for - and the randomness of the tourney arguments bouncing back and forth. We had those debates years ago.

In the opposite argument (which is where we are now), we have the randomness of the tourney as the validating factor for our performance. It's much easier to defend the former...the same reason we got ousted as a high seed at times (slow pace, letting inferior teams minimize possession, gimmicky placy, etc...) is exactly why we do okay in the tourney now despite sucking (except we're often the inferior team, minimizing possessions, gimmicky play, etc...). The tourney is somewhat random..

That being said, we just need to get a PG...…...please. A short one, a tall one, one in a wheelchair...I don't care any more. Just gimmmmme a PG!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom