15 - 10 with 6 games to go | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

15 - 10 with 6 games to go

i mean...I think the slowdown strategy negatively impacts W's and L's -

when Ive watched the team alters (for the worse) their strategy down the stretch mostly

...but maybe it is just me
I can certainly agree with that perspective. It can possibly be impacting w and l this year and that matters.

I’m just not worried about it changing a 14 point win to a 9 point win for example.

Last edited:
Sucks we are too irrelevant to be on ESPN or ESPN2 and cant watch this on my flight tomorrow.

Sucks we are too irrelevant to be on ESPN or ESPN2 and cant watch this on my flight tomorrow.
Instead they are showing an unranked Duke team who is favored by 12.5 over ND. I like our game a lot better.Too bad you will miss it.

Instead they are showing an unranked Duke team who is favored by 12.5 over ND. I like our game a lot better.Too bad you will miss it.
We aren't worthy of being on national TV unless its against UNC/DUke/UVA.

We have at max 1 ACC game not against them on the bigger channels I think.

Sucks. And that is with half of ESPN being Syracuse grads.

We aren't worthy of being on national TV unless its against UNC/DUke/UVA.

We have at max 1 ACC game not against them on the bigger channels I think.

Sucks. And that is with half of ESPN being Syracuse grads.
Yes, but NC State is ranked and neither Duke nor UNC is ranked. Sure Duke is a blue blood and will draw eyes, but ours should be a closer, higher scoring game.

And if they played anyone in non-con, it could look a whole lot worse. Syracuse had one of the weakest non-conference schedules in D1.

If If's and But's were candy and nuts we'd all have a merry Christmas
Actually, it's "If ifs, ands and buts were candy and nuts, every day would be Christmas." I learned that from Coach Mac but you were on the right track.

How do you reasonably get back in NCAA Tournament Discussion fairly quickly?
Beat #5, #12 and #13 over the course of 5 games.

5 games ago, Texas Tech was 11-10 (0-8 in the Big 12)
Now they are 14-12 (3-10 in the Big 12) -- does not look impressive on the surface, but that is 3 Q1 wins, and NET is now in the 60's.

They obviously have some work still to do. but that is the benefit of being in B12 (which may have had the best OOC as a conference in the past 10 years)... every single road win is a Q1 win ... and 2/3 of the home wins are Q1 wins as well... at worst its just Q2. You also can't have a bad loss in conference.

If they win 3 more B12 games they are probably in good shape.
Maybe it's unfair, but that is the system, and that is why its important that you play in a conference that does well OOC if you are middle or bottom of the pack.

How do you reasonably get back in NCAA Tournament Discussion fairly quickly?
Beat #5, #12 and #13 over the course of 5 games.

5 games ago, Texas Tech was 11-10 (0-8 in the Big 12)
Now they are 14-12 (3-10 in the Big 12) -- does not look impressive on the surface, but that is 3 Q1 wins, and NET is now in the 60's.

They obviously have some work still to do. but that is the benefit of being in B12 (which may have had the best OOC as a conference in the past 10 years)... every single road win is a Q1 win ... and 2/3 of the home wins are Q1 wins as well... at worst its just Q2. You also can't have a bad loss in conference.

If they win 3 more B12 games they are probably in good shape.
Maybe it's unfair, but that is the system, and that is why its important that you play in a conference that does well OOC if you are middle or bottom of the pack.
Yet Corey Alexander was not willing to concede tonight that the B12 is the best conference. smh.

Agree with the first 4.

UCLA is second tier now, with us, Michigan State, Arizona, Louisville, and a few others.
I would also include Michigan, UConn, Indiana and Nova in tier 2.

One game at a time.

Got our win against NC State, biggest win of the year, 4 wins in a row.

Now, we get to play a struggling Duke team at home, in front of what should be the biggest crowd of the year.

Are we peaking at the right time? With 5 games to go, the only one that scares me is @ Pitt.

Doesn't mean we'll win all 5, but we are positioning ourselves well.

Not saying that it's probable that we could put ourselves in NCAA contention, but it is POSSIBLE. Need to get a few more Q1's -- and the opportunity is in front of us.

One game at a time.

Now, we get to play a struggling Duke team at home, in front of what should be the biggest crowd of the year.

Are we peaking at the right time? With 5 games to go, the only one that scares me is @ Pitt.

Not saying that it's probable that we could put ourselves in NCAA contention, but it is POSSIBLE. Need to get a few more Q1's -- and the opportunity is in front of us.

Yeah this young Duke team with so far only Filipowski living up to his recruiting ranking should be a win at home.

Win that and it's a Clemson team that is doing what they always do after good starts in hoops and fading down the stretch. They will get FSU and Louisville before us which helps them get settled but overall they have been overperforming all year. Still a tough out with a couple really good players but they have fallen off quite a bit.

We get to 18-10 and then some noise will pop up around the Pitt game... mostly noise in how we still have a mountain to climb but at least there will be chatter.

One game at a time.

Hate to play that woulda, coulda, shoulda game but this year could be JAB's best coaching performance in a long time and partnering with Adam and hopefully a new strategy with recruiting that hopefully we see a climb back among the league elite.

I'm not saying it's time for JAB to stay (or to move on for that matter) but there is no question that all of our starting five have evolved their games from the beginning of the season.

Last night's win was sweet before a loud and energetic but small, mid-week crowd so hopefully we see a huge spike Saturday which fires our guys up even more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom