15 3's is not enough | Syracusefan.com

15 3's is not enough

Halftime Bilas said if Duke gets 12 3's they win. Usually that would be right...but not today. Grant and CJ just too much to handle inside.

Earlier today, I was just hoping that we'd score 80. I figured that would be plenty to win the game.

Halftime Bilas said if Duke gets 12 3's they win. Usually that would be right...but not today. Grant and CJ just too much to handle inside.
Like I said in the game thread when he said it, I totally disagreed. lol, and to think we gave them 3 more than he asked and still won.

This is so reminiscent of the Wisconsin game in the Sweet16 a couple years ago. Where they hit 14 three's and we pounded it into the paint (with Scoop, Dion, and Triche mainly). It is an amazing testiment to the way this program has raised its game that we won both of these games. Honestly we did not win games like this in years past (meaning games where teams just go nuts from 3).

With 36 attempts, you would think the opponent was some mid major or cupcake that can't see over the trees down low and has to resort to bombing away from deep. Nope, it was "blue blood" duke.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom