1925 Giants Drive 2020 OffSeason Thread | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

1925 Giants Drive 2020 OffSeason Thread

Gettleman looked really confused in his setup. Like he was doing his taxes.

The tackle is a good pick for your QB.

The draft is deep in OLinemen. We could have gotten a second tier OLineman in the second round and taking a defensive stud in Simmons.

I have no feelings one way or another on this pick. The 4 top O-Line Men in this draft are all interchangable depends who you like more.

I would have taken Isaiah Simmons and gotten a tier 2 O-Linemen in round 2.

author of that was way too pressed to attack Gettleman.
nobody took a shot at a Giants GM in 40 years...George Young, Ernie Accorsi & even Jerry Reese were kind of off limits, Gettleman is target practice for print and radio.

for example, if the Giants win the SuperBowl this year, Maggie Gray would skip it and just talk about his failed FA signings and his big personality and give credit to any one else on the planet not named Eli Manning who she also continues to insult & disrespect daily.

nobody took a shot at a Giants GM in 40 years...George Young, Ernie Accorsi & even Jerry Reese were kind of off limits, Gettleman is target practice for print and radio.

for example, if the Giants win the SuperBowl this year, Maggie Gray would skip it and just talk about his failed FA signings and his big personality and give credit to any one else on the planet not named Eli Manning who she also continues to insult & disrespect daily.

Moving on from Eli was never going to be easy. I don't love Gettelman, didn't like Shurmur and who knows about Joe Judge, but the guy deserves a bit of a beat to have his plan come together.

My POV is that, while I personally don't like the Thomas pick, he still got an area of need and someone that can plug and play. That was a must.

DJ is going to take a bit to get his sea legs and we just need to go hard on the D side of the ball for a lot of the remainder of the draft.

Moving on from Eli was never going to be easy. I don't love Gettelman, didn't like Shurmur and who knows about Joe Judge, but the guy deserves a bit of a beat to have his plan come together.

My POV is that, while I personally don't like the Thomas pick, he still got an area of need and someone that can plug and play. That was a must.

DJ is going to take a bit to get his sea legs and we just need to go hard on the D side of the ball for a lot of the remainder of the draft.
It’s kinda funny...granted Simmons was out there, but 3 more teams passed on him including Rhule who even went D but not him, so everyone wanted an OT and there were 4 ‘locks’.

all went by 13.

he got 1...but right away 75% of the fan base can say...BUT NOT THAT ONE!!

It’s kinda funny...granted Simmons was out there, but 3 more teams passed on him including Rhule who even went D but not him, so everyone wanted an OT and there were 4 ‘locks’.

all went by 13.

Giants picked the right position.
That is where your GM gets credit.

Question will be in 3 years did he chose the correct OL from the top 13.
As he had first crack thus your guy should be the best.

Giants picked the right position.
That is where your GM gets credit.

Question will be in 3 years did he chose the correct OL from the top 13.
As he had first crack thus your guy should be the best
cant argue that.

Wirf went where i expected...last.

they are already saying he could be moved to G.

you cant take a G at 4, but i was worried Ferentz wouldve convinced John he was the one.

Wills was my pick, but not because i thought he was any better than Thomas...just the whole Bama connection thing. i will watch him to see how he does.

i will have no choice with Becton, i will read & hear about him daily.

im expecting them to go Edge here.

theres some starting talent available and if Gettleman gets one of Gross-Metos, Epenesa, Baun & Okwara without having to trade up in the 2nd, then he can trade up in the 3rd and find some decent help at other positions.

just want the Edge guy now...

all went by 13.

Two of the the three teams that passed on Simmons needed and took QBs. And no shame to be taken after Derek Brown. Guy is a monster and DL is always valued over LB.

Two of the the three teams that passed on Simmons needed and took QBs. And no shame to be taken after Derek Brown. Guy is a monster and DL is always valued over LB.
Speaking of drafting QBs, the iggs should grab one today.

McKinney & Windfield a possibility too.

really think they go D here regardless.

all went by 13.

Same fans who went nuts trashing the Jones pick, but wanted him to pick Rosen or Darnold the year before?

I’ll give Gettleman the benefit of the doubt here since he did good in picking the right QB based on who was available.

Speaking of drafting QBs, the iggs should grab one today.

I'd trade you Wentz for Danny Dimes right now. As long as you provided your first three draft picks in each of the next five years. Those should be high draft picks. Then I'd go out and sign a FA QB.

McKinney & Windfield a possibility too.

really think they go D here regardless.

That was my thinking, if McKinney is still there, you have to take him, right? He has like mid-first talent.

But to your other post, getting an Edge would be great, too.

WR run to start second round.

If McKinney gets to NE you can’t trade that pick Belichick.

It sucks though a pair of Belichick teams are in front of NE.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom