2003 National Championship Watch Party | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

2003 National Championship Watch Party

I’ve heard this discussed before by another member of that team. A case could be made that Herve Lamizana’s banked-in 3 might’ve been the turning point of that season, though I don’t think there’s any doubt that the team came together & knew they could be special following the home upset of Pitt.
Things got aired post game...and they were good going forward.

Those were the only 2 scholarship players not there. If you’re interested, you can re-watch it any time on the Syracuse Orange FB Page. Craig Forth & Andrew Kouwe’s humor is worth the watch.

Curious what McNeil is doing and how he’s doing. Always felt bad for him and rooted for him extra hard. The whole team coming out with him for his senior day stuff was something else.

Curious what McNeil is doing and how he’s doing. Always felt bad for him and rooted for him extra hard. The whole team coming out with him for his senior day stuff was something else.
A bunch of the guys were talking about him in the Facebook thing. I think someone said they tried to get ahold of he and Edelin. I think it would have been cool if Konecny made an appearance.

A bunch of the guys were talking about him in the Facebook thing. I think someone said they tried to get ahold of he and Edelin. I think it would have been cool if Konecny made an appearance.

Will definitely get on Facebook and watch that soon in the seemingly infinite free time I now have.

That was a touching moment. The only part of the title game replay that’s hard to watch is during JB’s postgame speech when they briefly cut to Jeremy who's standing by himself, separate from the rest of the team, & just staring blankly up into the air. He’s probably one of the most introverted players in program history but I’d have to think his late mother was on his mind in that moment.

That was a touching moment. The only part of the title game replay that’s hard to watch is during JB’s postgame speech when they briefly cut to Jeremy who's standing by himself, separate from the rest of the team, & just staring blankly up into the air. He’s probably one of the most introverted players in program history but I’d have to think his late mother was on his mind in that moment.
He later said that was it.

McNeil with the team behind him his last home game is one of my favorite moments in program history

I remember not knowing what to do when we won. Had holed up by myself in my apt, turned off my answering machine, cause I didn’t wanna face anyone if we lost. The ghosts of ‘87 & ‘96 were all over me.
After we won I kept saying; “Oh isht, Syracuse”!
Without a doubt the greatest sports moment of my life...until the next one!;)

I went down to Bourbon St with my best friend, who is a Kansas alum. Sucked for him but he was a good sport. Awkward drive back to Atlanta the next day.

McNeil with the team behind him his last home game is one of my favorite moments in program history

I remember watching a replay (this week? last week? 2 weeks ago?) of the Oklahoma State game in the '03 Round of 32 - the team was SO excited for McNeil, as he made one huge play after another during that massive comeback. It was really cool to see, especially knowing what McNeil was going through at the time.

He missed a couple makable shots near the end that would’ve likely iced it, which was unusual for him.

But yeah, Pace was one of those guys I never got mad at. He played to his strengths, contributed in a number of ways, played smart and played to win. Loved him.

Him and Warrick were sophomores and thats what I was commenting on. They'd go on to become very well rounded players. Shame that Pace never regained the 3 pt shot he had as a recruit since he'd have played in the NBA if he could hit threes. I like everyone on the team I just think the fact that we had such an elite super star was important and he didn't have a Pippen.

Its a shame the next 2 classes underachieved to help those 3 get back to the Final Four. 05 they were a top 10 team Nov-March. My class 03 wasn't that bad but 04 and 2 Wrights... ouch absolute trainwreck.

Just watched it again and still can’t believe we were that athletic. I mean we were long and fast everywhere. Used to think forth wasn’t good at all but I love watching him now. McNeil couldn’t score but man he jumped higher than warrick . We won that with melo hurt. That’s a great team.

This is just awesome! Making my weekend, hearing these guys talk and interact is amazing.

Agree 100%. I have the game permanently saved on DVR so can watch that anytime. So for me, the interaction between the players, coaches, and the media guests was fantastic to watch. I don't even have a Facebook account either, but loaded the Facebook app on to my Amazon Firestick and the game-watch popped up as "live" event to the public. I missed the beginning but found the entire 2-hour recording of the game-watch event via a search of "Syracuse Orange".

Alright...now can we do something about that tacky Melo/GMac banner at the Dome?

That should be up on the walls in the concourses.

If you absolutely need a photo banner (you don’t but...) you either put up the team photo, or put up the iconic pileup photo.

Kueth should get a key to the city, those early 3's were solid. Syracuse for the hell of it should have a reunion of the 03 team after we get through this nightmare pandemic. I want another parade

I can’t speak for what was said already in this thread but this was one of the smartest recruiting tactics I’ve seen. Any recruit who joined last night would salivate at the idea to be orange. Our AD is so so smart...This was so much fun last night I’m going to rewatch it today...it was incredible and the best I’ve felt about myself since this corona outbreak occurred. I know I can be negative sometimes but I just want us so badly to be great like everyone else does here to...Go Orange

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom