2003 National Championship Watch Party | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

2003 National Championship Watch Party

So I totally forgot about this last night. :(
Is there a link to a replay viewing of it? Please and thanks

My dad went to the preseason game that season and said Carmello is the best players he’s ever seen in person...that’s when I knew we had something special.
I walked out of the Garden after the Memphis game knowing the same.

watched it after it went live as I totally forgot. Couple takeaways because that was really cool

1. pretty apparent for those that don’t know Hop why people like him so much. He is so charismatic and the players were so drawn to him. Still no doubt in my mind he will be next coach here. Even more so after seeing that
2. Troy weaver is the man and easy to see why he’s so loved
3. Billy Edelin and Paul Harris going missing stories were definitely interesting lol
4. Kevin durant coming here if Weav didn’t leave. Wow
5. Josh pace is hilarious
6. Apparently Boeheim yelled at Duany a LOT lol

definitely worth watching after the first 30 mins. Little slow til then but then it’s great. Great idea. Great everything. Kudos SU

In '87, (the first year of the 3 point shot, universal implementation, I believe is the correct way to say it), you could say we lost because of the 3 point shot, and you could say, in 2003, that we won because of the 3 point shot. Shooting very high percentages of 60 percent for Carmelo and Gerry, and 2 for 3 for Duany. No one else shot one for us.

And Kansas's foul shooting was really bad. We shot 10 for 17 and they shot 12 for 30!

Feel like people are reading too much into that Durant comment but w/e
Not really. We thought we had him until Troy left. Now I will say the following...Durant was a soph I think, and after Troy left, the buzz around campus left as well. We weren’t a player in his recruitment when it got serious.

watched it after it went live as I totally forgot. Couple takeaways because that was really cool

1. pretty apparent for those that don’t know Hop why people like him so much. He is so charismatic and the players were so drawn to him. Still no doubt in my mind he will be next coach here. Even more so after seeing that
3. Billy Edelin and Paul Harris going missing stories were definitely interesting lol

definitely worth watching after the first 30 mins. Little slow til then but then it’s great. Great idea. Great everything. Kudos SU
Edelin’s disappearance for about 10 days his sophomore(?) year is the greatest untold story that will never be told.

Not really. We thought we had him until Troy left. Now I will say the following...Durant was a soph I think, and after Troy left, the buzz around campus left as well. We weren’t a player in his recruitment when it got serious.

Wow.

What a time to not have, or be able to procure alcohol.

I agree the Durant thing seems completely over blown. No doubt he’ll get told this and we’ll see what his response is. I took it as Boeheim busting Troys chops more than an actual sense that we were going to get the kid. Or more a back handed compliment that Troy was a great recruiter in that area.

Yep I firmly believe Hop will be coming back home.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom