2010 or 2012? | Syracusefan.com

2010 or 2012?

McNabb2Brominski

All Conference
At full health...which team would you chose to run with in the tourney? I think its about even..this team is deeper and more talented but 2010 had more experience, i think more leadership and better 3 pt shooting.

Idk, its a toss up

Full health, I'd absolutely take 2010 without hesitation. They were a more complete team, in my opinion.

Full health, I'd absolutely take 2010 without hesitation. They were a more complete team, in my opinion.
Yep. The defense for both is close enough. Offense is a big edge to 2010 though.

I think 2010 was the better rebounding and passing team but that the 2012 is the better defensive and driving team.

I'll wait until this season is over before deciding, but one thing I'm positive of - 2010 with a healthy AO wins the NC that year.

So it will likely take a title game appearance by the 2012 team for me to even pick them over a healthy 2010 team.

Cheers,
Neil

Yep. The defense for both is close enough. Offense is a big edge to 2010 though.
Agreed. 2010 could shoot the hell out of the ball and had two solid low post scorers. Leaps and bounds better offensively than this year's team, as much as I love this year's team.

Agreed. 2010 could shoot the hell out of the ball and had two solid low post scorers. Leaps and bounds better offensively than this year's team, as much as I love this year's team.
In 2010 no matter who we had on the floor they were a threat to score and each could legitimately put up 15+ points on any given day.

2012; not so much.

EDIT: I do think 2012 does have better "intangibles" htough if that means anything.

2010 wins 6.78 out of ten games. But I'm just spitballin...

At full health...which team would you chose to run with in the tourney? I think its about even..this team is deeper and more talented but 2010 had more experience, i think more leadership and better 3 pt shooting.

Idk, its a toss up
2010 wins a series 4-1

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk

We had a first team all american on the 2010 team. No brainer.

If we're living this fantasy, 2010 just to see what could have been. That "what if we had AO" will haunt me forever regardless of 2012 success.

I'd go with the 2010 team. More post offense with AO. Better outside shooting with Wes Johnson and Andy Rautins. Rebounding wouldn't even be close. 2012 is a better shot blocking team but I think AO and Rick Jackson were better in regards to position defense inside.

2010 hands down, but that doesn't mean this team can't get done what that team did not.

2010 had better offense, rebounding, and leadership.

2012 has better defense.

2010, as of now.

I'm going with 2012. The 2010 team, as great as it was, wilted a few times and played scared against Louisville twice, Pitt and Butler. So far I haven't seen this team play scared.

Not to be a downer on the 2010 team but to say they were the best team with AO is a stretch. Of their final 7 Big East Games (including the Georgetown Big East Game) Louisville beat us twice and the Georgetown game was over when AO got hurt. We were going to lose that game with AO. We had a 2 game losing streak heading in to the NCAA tournament.

In the NCAA tournament, Louisville lost by 14 in the first round to California and Georgetown got blown out by 14 seed Ohio in the first round. Not stellar performances and maybe a sign the Big East was very overrated that year.

The 2010 team was good but the argument that they were the best team if AO had been available has no proof behind it. There is a lot of conjuncture in that argument. Would they have had a better chance to defeat Butler with AO, probably, but no guarantee they would have won the title. Michigan State made the final four (and lost to Butler) without their best player int he tournament. It would have been nice to see us play at full strength but the facts are we lost in the sweet 16 game. Butler's game plan was brilliant in terms of playing defense against us, very similar to what Louisville had done to us twice.

My first instinct is 2010 for many of the reasons already listed. I will say this though, that team looked a little more vulnerable through this point in the season 2 years ago--2 losses (both at home), the nailbiter @ DePaul, tight game with a bad UCon team in the Dome.

i think this is a classic case of 'it was better back in my day'

we have things that team did not... dion, a much better scoop, and of yeah fabricio.

that team was 7 deep and couldnt withstand a single injury. it doesnt matter if it was arinze or if it were scoop, we were doomed.

this team is now 8 deep, but the only irreplaceable player is fab.

that team could sure as hell hit the 3... and was a better rebounding team. but i'm ecstatic with either team. i feel more confident in this 1... because 2010 proved its worth. 2012 still has the opportunity.

Andy Rautins and Wes Johnson are better scorers than any player we have this year, but this team has played better defense. AO was a better rebounder than Melo but Melo is more of a difference maker blocking shots. No doubt in mind the 2010 team healthy beats this 2012 team in a best of 7 4 games to 1. Kris Joseph was the C.J. Fair on the team 2 yrs ago and this year Kris is probably our best scorer and C.J. Fair is 2nd on the 2010 team Wes Johnson was special.
2010 team
1. Brandon Triche
2. Andy Rautins
3. Wes Johnson Big East Player of the Year
4. Rick Jackson
5. Arinze Onauku
6. Kris Joseph Big East 6th man of the year
7. Scoop Jardine
8. Dash Riley
2012 team
1. Brandon Triche
2. Scoop Jardine
3. Kris Joseph
4. Rak Christmas
5. Fab Melo
6. C.J. Fair
7. Dion Waiters
8. James Southerland
9. Michael Carter-Williams
10. Baye Keita
2012 has depth but 1-7 on the 2010 far superior.

I'm going with 2012. The 2010 team, as great as it was, wilted a few times and played scared against Louisville twice, Pitt and Butler. So far I haven't seen this team play scared.

You forget that the BE was tougher then and Butler outed us only becaue Arinze was out. We all know that if Arinze played, Cuse rolls to the championship.

You forget that the BE was tougher then and Butler outed us only becaue Arinze was out. We all know that if Arinze played, Cuse rolls to the championship.

injuries and ft's are part of the game.

a kansas fan would say everyone knows they would have rolled to champ if they made ft's.

2010 wasnt as good because they couldnt take 1 injury to any of the 7 players. the team was dead with 1 injury in the tournament and everyone knew it the second it happened. thats a major flaw that cant be ignored.

Andy Rautins and Wes Johnson are better scorers than any player we have this year, but this team has played better defense. AO was a better rebounder than Melo but Melo is more of a difference maker blocking shots. No doubt in mind the 2010 team healthy beats this 2012 team in a best of 7 4 games to 1. Kris Joseph was the C.J. Fair on the team 2 yrs ago and this year Kris is probably our best scorer and C.J. Fair is 2nd on the 2010 team Wes Johnson was special.
2010 team
1. Brandon Triche
2. Andy Rautins
3. Wes Johnson Big East Player of the Year
4. Rick Jackson
5. Arinze Onauku
6. Kris Joseph Big East 6th man of the year
7. Scoop Jardine
8. Dash Riley
2012 team
1. Brandon Triche
2. Scoop Jardine
3. Kris Joseph
4. Rak Christmas
5. Fab Melo
6. C.J. Fair
7. Dion Waiters
8. James Southerland
9. Michael Carter-Williams
10. Baye Keita
2012 has depth but 1-7 on the 2010 far superior.

andy rautins was a better scorer than dion waiters and kris joseph?

lol. i love andy more than anyone here. grew up with his family. andy wasnt a 'scorer', he was a shooter. he hit about 30 2's in his career and 300 3's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom