2012 best teams | Syracusefan.com

2012 best teams

Unctar88

Walk On
The best college basketball teams that never were

Good article about the best teams not to win the whole thing,edit- talking about best teams had players stayed 3 years..but it talks about 2012, which there were 2 teams clearly better than the rest, this according to Bilas. Speaks about 2012 and what particular team wouldve given UK all they could handle had a certain player not gotten injured. (K. Marshall)

Last edited:

Good article about the best teams not to win the whole thing,edit- talking about best teams had players stayed 3 years..but it talks about 2012, which there were 2 teams clearly better than the rest, this according to Bilas. Speaks about 2012 and what particular team wouldve given UK all they could handle had a certain player not gotten injured. (K. Marshall)
That's cute, but what two teams were ranked #1 & 2 for the great majority of the season? Would have been a great championship game.

FreemontTroll1.jpg

UNC got blown out by Kansas that year in the tournament, right?

FYI...Syracuse was ranked #1 for 6 weeks that season.

Nobody cares.

Syracuse in 2012 was the best team in the country and out record with Fab Melo proves that.

UNC got blown out by Kansas that year in the tournament, right?

FYI...Syracuse was ranked #1 for 6 weeks that season.

Blown out? No. Actually were winning most the game until Barnes fouled out with 5 minutes left I believe, again without Kendall Marshall, probably one of the top 2 or 3 PG in the country that year.I'm not saying Syracuse didn't have a great team. Just that it was pretty obvious from almost everyone who the two most talented teams that year were-unc and Uk. Unc took Uk to the buzzer at rupp that year.

It's really not even a subjective argument. Unc went about 10 deep with future first round draft picks. I only started the thread because I lost posting privileges on the other thread where it was being discussed.

Blown out? No. Actually were winning most the game until Barnes fouled out with 5 minutes left I believe, again without Kendall Marshall, probably one of the top 2 or 3 PG in the country that year.I'm not saying Syracuse didn't have a great team. Just that it was pretty obvious from almost everyone who the two most talented teams that year were-unc and Uk. Unc took Uk to the buzzer at rupp that year.

It's really not even a subjective argument. Unc went about 10 deep with future first round draft picks. I only started the thread because I lost posting privileges on the other thread where it was being discussed.

Nah. Blown out. Cry some more.

Nah. Blown out. Cry some more.

So Unc is the defending national champions and you think I'm crying about a loss in 2012? Not really. I know that imaginary "what coulda been" 2012 is all you really have to hang onto these days, and really.. you don't even have that, but don't project your bitterness on me.

On paper UNC was really good that year. On the floor, Syracuse was the best.

So Unc is the defending national champions and you think I'm crying about a loss in 2012? Not really. I know that imaginary "what coulda been" 2012 is all you really have to hang onto these days, and really.. you don't even have that, but don't project your bitterness on me.

Didn't read. But, 34-3 >>>>32-6. Eat it.

Oh. I looked at the boxscore and saw 80-67. Syracuse only lost 3 games that season, 2 without Fab Melo. 34-3 and #1 6 weeks that season. Ranked #2 heading into the Ncaa Tournament. Damn near made the final four without our starting center. Cmon buddy.

Last edited:
Other noteworthy information on the 2012 UNC team.

They lost 90-57 to Florida St, in the infamous game where Roy Williams abandoned the deep reserves and had the rest of the team leave the floor early.

upload_2017-8-27_10-30-29.png

Why are you here?

Didnt we have Dion Waiters/Triche/jardine and MCW in 2011/2012?

Why are you arguing this? You were outclassed entirely. Thats a lottery pick who's still averaging over 16 ppg in the NBA and a rookie of the year. i havent the slightest doubts your guards would've been overmatched.

UNC 2012 had 6 players drafted by NBA teams (not 10)
Syracuse 2012 had 5 players drafted by NBA Teams.

Earth shattering difference.

Add in the fact that Southerland, Fair, Triche, and Jardine were all good NCAA players that went undrafted -- none of which were frosh in 2012, and 3 of which were upperclassmen.

UNC 2012 had 6 players drafted by NBA teams (not 10)
Syracuse 2012 had 5 players drafted by NBA Teams.

Earth shattering difference.

Add in the fact that Southerland, Fair, Triche, and Jardine were all good NCAA players that went undrafted -- none of which were frosh in 2012, and 3 of which were upperclassmen.

I dont think unc would have came within 8 points of joseph/fair/fab/dion/rak/scoop/triche/mcw... am i missing anyone?

I dont think unc would have came within 8 points of joseph/fair/fab/dion/rak/scoop/triche/mcw... am i missing anyone?

Southerland was a key player on that team. Keita played a role too, though that was the season where he played the least. I remember him coming through in one of our NCAA tourney wins(Wisconsin?). MCW got a lot of DNP's in big games. Crowded backcourt.

Must've been a down year for unc then because from what i remembered we faced several rosters much more formidable than what they had

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom