• blah

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • blah

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

iommi

Living Legend
Okay, yes, I am aware we are in the middle of a very nice season so far, but because I am obsessive compulsive, I figure it's never to soon to fret about next year.

My concern is this: assuming MCW goes to the League, we will only have one point guard on the roster next year in Tyler Ennis. He'll be a freshman and JB typically does not lean heavily on a freshman point guard. I guess in this case he'll have to.

My question is if TE gets about 30 minutes a game, what do we do for those other PG minutes? Sorry, but I just don't see PG skills in Cooney. Sure, he's been decent at helping break a press but that doesn't mean he's lead guard material. Silent G is not a pg, he's more of a 2/3. I guess maybe we have to hope Buss can play some point guard in a pinch. Considering the log jam we will have at the 2, maybe that will be his best opportunity to get some minutes. Am I missing anyone? BJ is clearly a 2/3 not a point guard.

Thoughts?

Gbinije can handle it fine. Triche isn't really a PG either.

No way...if he is projected lottery or at least Top 15 in the draft, he is gone...
He may be gone but he'll have trouble. L-Ville had no trouble picking his pocket and causing turnovers... pros will be much harder on him. He'd be better off getting another year in to hone is ball handling ...but yeah, he probably won't.

Ennis 34-36 min a game in conf. When he's out its our two best handling forwards one big and two 2g's.

Gnibje can handle it fine. Triche isn't really a PG either.

You're basing your assessment on what? He barely stepped on the floor at Duke. I guess I'm not basing my doubts that he could handle the point on much either, come to think of it. But all the scouting reports I've read list him as a wing.

He may be gone but he'll have trouble. L-Ville had no trouble picking his pocket and causing turnovers... pros will be much harder on him. He'd be better off getting another year in to hone is ball handling ...but yeah, he probably won't.

Its about making money not being ready. Also they dont allow teams to play defense like that in the nba plus guards are all bigger not mighty mites like lvillss.

True...however, scouts tend to not care as much about the what they are/can do now as opposed to what could they do in the future...Especially if a lottery pick/Top 10 he is gone...

I was lying in bed last night until about 2AM thinking of this exact same problem I sh it you not. Apparently I am not the only one who needs therapy.
I've got a great set of jumper cables , cures all ! Instant therapy .

You're basing your assessment on what? He barely stepped on the floor at Duke. I guess I'm not basing my doubts that he could handle the point on much either, come to think of it. But all the scouting reports I've read list him as a wing.

Start @ 3:15 and sleep well at night:

... now imagine three years of development later...

Doesn't have Jonny Flynn level handling, but the kid is a baller. Can do it all, really. He's a lot like CJ, but better at creating for himself.

He barely stepped on the floor at Duke.

MCW barely stepped on the floor at SU.

By the way...I voted for the first blah as the second blah did not live up to my expectations for blahness...

Anyone know what the deal was with Silent G at Duke. I realize they had a nice roster last year but why couldn't he break into their rotation?

Its about making money not being ready. Also they dont allow teams to play defense like that in the nba plus guards are all bigger not mighty mites like lvillss.
Right...that's why I said he probably won't stay. However, I do thing he will struggle in the NBA. Even bigger guards will pick him clean. He has trouble bringing it up in college.

Starting lineup next year probably

1- Ennis
2- Gbinije
3- Thickburger
4- Xmas or Grant
5- Coleman

Cooney off the bench. A lot like this year's team TBH.

Starting lineup next year probably

1- Ennis
2- Gnibje
3- Thickburger
4- Xmas or Grant
5- Coleman

Cooney off the bench. A lot like this year's team TBH.

armory...fyi: it's Gbinije.

armory...fyi: it's Gbinije.
Caught it at the same time, for some reason I remembered it being pronounced NIB-jay. Actually pronounced BIN-eh-jay.

l.jpg

Caught it at the same time, for some reason I remembered it being pronounced NIB-jay. Actually pronounced BIN-eh-jay.

l.jpg
N.I.B.: good Sabbath tune... :)

One more year and MCW is number 2 behind Wiggins or number 1 . $$$
I dunno, MCW is being projected top 6 and stock is rising. Strike while the iron is hot, doubt he stays.

I was doing something else at 2am last nite. But as soon as I finished I started thinking about next years pg. :eek:

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

I was doing something else at 2am last nite. But as soon as I finished I started thinking about next years pg. :eek:

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

Double:eek::eek: ...and a :oops: for good measure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom