2013 recruiting | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

2013 recruiting

Point taken, but how many outside factors are there? Let's see that overlaid with where these kids went to school because there is a big difference between the development of kids at Alabama compared to SU. Plus all you're going with is draft picks, how many of the five stars are busts once they get to the pros and size and speed are no longer a huge factor?

There is another point to make on this. Lets take Ishaq Williams who is going into his second year at ND. Virtually didn't play at ND except special teams. Going into this year he is still a back-up at this point. To a Jr. no less. Which means he may not start his 2nd year of elidgability and play sparingly. There is an outside chance he has to play back up again his third year, or move to a new spot. An injusry comes along for not playing all that much and say carries over into his Senior year where he plays out his carreer. Know, he could take the job this year and be a superstar too...

Now, at Syracuse he had a great chance at starting as a freshman, but at minimum he would have played alot on D that first year. He would in all liklihood come out of spring with the starting roll this year where he would have held it as long as he stayyed in college, baring injury of course. This of course is just one scenario, but a likely one.

So, just for arguments sake now, say both scenarios fall as they would have if he played at either ND or SU. In my opinion, if he only started his last year at ND and say never really was that dominating presence on the field, we would all say he was probably a bust. But, was it him being a bust or the circumstances surrounding the program? Point is if you don't play and establish your name on the field you might be labeled a bust. At SU, he would most likely played and been the leader or one of the leaders on the defensive squad with 30-40 games under his belt. Again, his performance would be the final measuring stick as far as his NFL chances go, but it wouldn't be for lack of exposure or opportunit

Now, take Alabama who is going hard after Kamara. They already have 2 RB's in the recruiting year that are top 10. If he does go to Bama, at least one of these top RB's may not get his chance on the field. Are these kids truly a bust because they didn't beat out like competition? Tuff call. I think kids that get an opprotunity to play and show their stuff on the field have the best chance at success. All these Universities are pretty darn good now, we are talking a Bachlers here guys, and we all know what we mostly did in college those 4 years! If I was SU and DM, that is my pitch. You have to earn it but you won't be buried in a depth Chart, and you will have your opportunity to play if you earn it.

If I was SU and DM, that is my pitch. You have to earn it but you won't be buried in a depth Chart, and you will have your opportunity to play if you earn it.

You really don't think this is already part of his pitch? I really wonder sometimes if people on this board actually believe in thir heads that they could do a better job recruiting and that somehow a guy like HCDM is just forgetting to mention these things to the high school players.

There is another point to make on this. Lets take Ishaq Williams who is going into his second year at ND. Virtually didn't play at ND except special teams. Going into this year he is still a back-up at this point. To a Jr. no less. Which means he may not start his 2nd year of elidgability and play sparingly. There is an outside chance he has to play back up again his third year, or move to a new spot. An injusry comes along for not playing all that much and say carries over into his Senior year where he plays out his carreer. Know, he could take the job this year and be a superstar too...

Now, at Syracuse he had a great chance at starting as a freshman, but at minimum he would have played alot on D that first year. He would in all liklihood come out of spring with the starting roll this year where he would have held it as long as he stayyed in college, baring injury of course. This of course is just one scenario, but a likely one.

You just made this up. He would have been behind Chan and Marinovich here as well. He actually got quite a few defensive snaps last year, not "virtually didn't play". Not to mention he was behind a good senior player. He's penciled in as their starter for the fall after spring, not sure where you saw backup, but ND fans think he's going to start. Stop trying to prove points you know nothing about.

You just made this up. He would have been behind Chan and Marinovich here as well. He actually got quite a few defensive snaps last year, not "virtually didn't play". Not to mention he was behind a good senior player. He's penciled in as their starter for the fall after spring, not sure where you saw backup, but ND fans think he's going to start. Stop trying to prove points you know nothing about.[/quote

Of Course I did and you just made up your point to counter mine. At least I said chance to start, you put it out there matter of factly. #1 counter to you is Ishaq is a OLB at the college level and would have been at Syracuse. Case closed, he may have been one of the best D-Line men in High School, but he was built to Play LB, so, if the coaching staff thought as you did, no wonder he went else where. He has the potential and body build to be another LT. He doesn't have the right frame to be on the D-Line in a 4-3.

Ishaq is 6-5 255...what the hell are you smoking to think he couldn't play DE?????? He's already bigger than our DE's and he's on a LB training program. The kid would have played both positions here most likely. Anything to get him on the field.

In my opinion Doug just closed our best class in years. Who knows but i for one really like this class. Sure should he have stayed on a few of the LB's longer ok but other than that he brought in some very top kids and many in positions of need. I like the DE's I love our RB's two quality TE's three strong DT's..
The quality of our offers is up so if the commits come in accordingly we should do well again.:rolleyes:

I wouldn't quote Bleacher Report if you're trying to be reputable.
Agreed, hit or miss on may of these reports, but I also verified it on Blue & Gold first. But other that thta, great week by Syracuse recruiting so far, maybe DM will make good on his promise after all. Williams is in and another transfer from AR is in for the class of 2013. Williams is supposedly best buds with Ishaq, so will be nice to see these two pair up against the Irish down the road.

Ishaq is 6-5 255...what the hell are you smoking to think he couldn't play DE?????? He's already bigger than our DE's and he's on a LB training program. The kid would have played both positions here most likely. Anything to get him on the field.
Now the part about getting him on the field immediatly I agree with 100%.

Why are we still talking Ishaq - that ship sailed long ago. Talking about it now is just sour grapes. Time to move on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom