2013 Schedule

Alsacs

Living Legend
We know our non-conference schedule is
8-31 Penn State Metlife Stadium
9-7 @Northwestern
Tulane
TBA 1-AA school
Conference Schedule here is how I see it going I believe the ACC will balance Syracuse and Boston College so that you will only have 1 Northeast game a year thus if you played @Boston College this year you will play @Syracuse next year so ACC teams and fans don't have to make multiple trips above the Mason-Dixon line and I am not counting Maryland as they aren't really Yankee or Southern it comes down to whether you live near Baltimore or DC or the rest of the state.
@Florida State
11-29 @ Boston College
@ North Carolina State
@ Pittsburgh
Wake Forest
Clemson
Maryland
Coastal Division Opponent TBA I believe most likely to be Miami for historical reasons and they have a good sized Northeast alumni group.

With this type of schedule what do people see as the realistic and probable projections for next year?

I don't see us beating PSU, Clemson, or FSU. Toss in another couple random losses and another 7-5 season would be very successful.

8-4

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

0 - 12. We're doomed. Doooooooomed!

not sure how PSU is scarey..their senior class is the entire team... we'll be fine... @ nwestern be tough

"1-11, and subsequently, the school decides to retire the football program." - Tristy

With Loeb at QB? We might beat the 1-AA school. With anyone else? Id give us a shot against NC State, Pitt and Wake.

With Loeb at QB? We might beat the 1-AA school. With anyone else? Id give us a shot against NC State, Pitt and Wake.

Millhouse?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

BS.

I don't see us beating PSU, Clemson, or FSU. Toss in another couple random losses and another 7-5 season would be very successful.

outside of name, why in the world would you see us not beating psu on a neutral field?!?

we could (should?) very well be the favorites...

We know our non-conference schedule is
8-31 Penn State Metlife Stadium
9-7 @Northwestern
Tulane
TBA 1-AA school
Conference Schedule here is how I see it going I believe the ACC will balance Syracuse and Boston College so that you will only have 1 Northeast game a year thus if you played @Boston College this year you will play @Syracuse next year so ACC teams and fans don't have to make multiple trips above the Mason-Dixon line and I am not counting Maryland as they aren't really Yankee or Southern it comes down to whether you live near Baltimore or DC or the rest of the state.
@Florida State
11-29 @ Boston College
@ North Carolina State
@ Pittsburgh
Wake Forest
Clemson
Maryland
Coastal Division Opponent TBA I believe most likely to be Miami for historical reasons and they have a good sized Northeast alumni group.

With this type of schedule what do people see as the realistic and probable projections for next year?

I don't think you have the schedule for next year correct.

I am pretty sure the BC game is going to be played at the Dome. When it was originally scheduled as an OCC game, it was scheduled to be played in Chestnut Hill, but now that it is a conference game, BC will need to play in the Dome, or they will play 5 home games in an 8 game ACC conference schedule. That is not going to happen.

The Pitt game is also going to be played in the Dome instead of Pittsburgh (we will play them at home two years in a row). The Maryland game will be played in College Park. I could be wrong but based on what I have read and seen, I think the entire ACC schedule is a near lock for a variety of reasons I do not have time to discuss right now.

The second Coastal Division game is the big open question. Could be Miami. Whoever it is, the game will be on the road. If I have the schedule right, I doubt it will be Miami...doesn't make a lot of sense to have Syracuse play in Florida twice in one season.

That gives us a schedule that looks like this:

Penn State at MetLife
at Northwestern
TBD HOME GAME (likely not BCS)
TULANE
at Maryland
CLEMSON
at NC State
WAKE FOREST
at Florida State
PITTSBURGH
at TBD Coastal Division opponent
BOSTON COLLEGE

The order is meaningless right now except for the PSU, NW and BC games. Though we will hopefully be playing Tulane and the TBD home game in September.

I think we should definitely beat WF, Pitt and BC at home. Should definitely beat TBD non BCS and Tulane at home. Should beat Maryland on the road. Hope to win one of the PSU and NW games and one of the NC State and TBD Coastal opponent away games. We probably lose to Clemson and it is really unlikely we beat FSU on the road.

That would yield an 8-4 record (5-3 in ACC play). I think that is pretty realistic.

I'm glad we are only playing 8 conference games first off.

I really believe it is going to depend on how quickly the new qb adapts to actual playing time and the system on how well we will do.

BS.

When Loeb enters games we run "halfback fake gut" ...every play. He has serious limitations and is only a default guy. I dont see us winning games if we score 10 points a game.

When Loeb enters games we run "halfback fake gut" ...every play. He has serious limitations and is only a default guy. I dont see us winning games if we score 10 points a game.

I'm a bit confused, do you know something the rest of us don't regarding the future and the play calls Hackett is going to use for Loeb next year?

What's with the Loeb hate? We don't know if he'll be as good as Nassib, but we don't know that he won't be either. He's a wild card because of a lack of game experience, but he's been in the system and has a good arm. We're not replacing John Elway here. Give the kid a chance to play before making uninformed conclusions.

And if he does..we wont win many games. We will run a predictable shotgun offense and mirror the units led by Perry Patterson. Id rather see them experiment with Broyld at QB. Charley Loeb vs. the ACC...no.

And if he does..we wont win many games. We will run a predictable shotgun offense and mirror the units led by Perry Patterson. Id rather see them experiment with Broyld at QB. Charley Loeb vs. the ACC...no.
:noidea:

What's with the Loeb hate? We don't know if he'll be as good as Nassib, but we don't know that he won't be either. He's a wild card because of a lack of game experience, but he's been in the system and has a good arm. We're not replacing John Elway here. Give the kid a chance to play before making uninformed conclusions.

Charley has had plenty of chances ..hes a senior. Hes seen live action and hes looked sub-standard. Hes a big, plodding lefty with an elongated release. Our line would have to protect far better than they have for Nassib. Im sure hes a great guy...but Id rather have Stony Brooks QB.

I have a bad feeling and it nearly is never wrong...'Cuse goes 8-4 (DRAT) and wins the ACC championship game and goes Orange Bowling...because its the Orange Bowl and 'Cuse owns it!!!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom