2013 Schedule | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

2013 Schedule

We love our Charley Loeb here..ill just leave that name alone. We must have the Loeb family sponsoring this site.

I tell ya, this thread is some crazy s_hit! I don't understand it at all, but I think I like it, because I love surprises. Very unsolicited and bizarre attack.

I get it..we have a very gentle board. No opinions of players here unless they have played a requisite amount of snaps.

I tell ya, this thread is some crazy s_hit! I don't understand it at all, but I think I like it, because I love surprises. Very unsolicited and bizarre attack.
i think this is reincarnated iluvmygrandson. i miss grandma patterson. she mustve adopted nassib, and loeb must be pushing him in practice or something, so shes on here in her grassroots kind of way to head off a call for a benching.

she was crushed when idiots on here told her perry would be playing on sundays, and after reading some of the half baked posts on here, she must think nassib is her sunday ticket. shes going to be let down again.

seriously, NFL teams draft people who they THINK can make their roster. is anyone really going to draft nassib, thus thinking he will be one of the 64 best people in the WORLD at quarterbacking???

not happening ladies, not happening.

Oh Lord

Where did you find out we play Pitt and BC at home? I know we would have played Pitt at home in 2013 if the ACC had 9 conference games because the Atlantic was going to get 5 home games but now that the ACC is going to 8 conference games and we played BC at home in 2010 and Pitt at home in 2012 so I figured we would play them on the road. However, I just looked at all ACC schedules all permanent cross-over games in the 2012 ACC schedule were played the Coastal team's homefield so you probably right we play Pitt at home again, and our 2nd Coastal game will be on the road probably Ga. Tech, Virginia, or Virginia Tech IMO because your right they won't want us to play game in Florida. Maryland and Boston College one will be home and one away I still think @BC makes sense because we play them at home the last time.
It is fun to spectulate, hopefully the schedule will come out soon.

One nice benefit of playing in the ACC is that schedules should come out faster, though Pitt not having their own stadium is probably going to slow the process down (I think the Steelers get first crack at dates for Heinz so the ACC schedule might have to wait until the NFL schedule comes out).

One nice benefit of playing in the ACC is that schedules should come out faster, though Pitt not having their own stadium is probably going to slow the process down (I think the Steelers get first crack at dates for Heinz so the ACC schedule might have to wait until the NFL schedule comes out).

Maybe Pitt will use their newfound money to build an on-campus stadium.

But they would have been dealing with that with Miami as well right?

I would think BC/Pitt would be alternating home/road games for us. But I guess there really isn't all that much need for it. In your scenario we would have consecutive home games against Pitt, BC, Wake.

Can't wait to see which big name from Atlantic we get at home (Clemson or FSU), and who we play from Coastal. Wish it was 2 teams from Coastal, but no good way to solve that one without dumping the crossover. Or making it optional. Makes sense why FSU, Clemson, GT would be opposed to 9 games, given their SEC in state rival game.

I think they should tear down the basketball arena and build a football stadium in that spot.

Wait.

Reading their board, a lot of their fans think their admininstration doesn't care about football and is going to content to field a bad team and just cash the checks.

They see their program as the college football equivalent of the Chicago Cubs. Maybe that is what Boston College has become as well.

If there was ever a time for Syracuse to emerge as a dominant power in Eastern football, it is now. Every program has major issues and is struggling (I give PSU credit for having a good season and overcoming a lot of adversity...unlikely this will continue in future years though).

it surprises me that miami is also content to play 40 minutes off-campus at a pro stadium. big time schools just don't do that. they need a 50-55k arena.

it surprises me that miami is also content to play 40 minutes off-campus at a pro stadium. big time schools just don't do that. they need a 50-55k arena.

Miami has completely lost the mystique with that move. Attendance has fallen off the map. They were a front running fanbase anyway, but this just crushed it even further. Orange Bowl may have been a dump (I can confirm, it was horrible for a fan), but they had the intimidation factor there. All gone now. Orange Bowl wasn't on campus, but it was closer, and with the Dolphins moving to Joe Robbie (name at the time anyway), the Canes and their fans owned it.

Pitt's kind of going through that now too. NFL stadiums are someone else's home, no matter how the facility defines it. The fans know that as well.

50k on campus stadium for each would work wonders. I know it's not that simple to just throw together a stadium, but I wonder if it's even on their radar.

Minnesota's move from Metrodump to campus facility has improved their atmosphere 1000%.

Honestly, I dont wanna hear anymore on the topic of Loeb from anyone that puts an ounce of stock in passing competitions. Do you think UConn fans rallied around Johnny McEntee because he had a trick video on youtube? No..they wanted McCummings to play. Some of us are going to be alarmed when they see the first ACC game of the Loeb era. I feel bad for the guy..its going to be a culture shock to this squad to play teams each week with 1st round draft picks on defense..and Loeb isnt the guy Id ideally like to see play them. Toss the freshman in and let him learn on the fly. If hes as advertised, he will adapt in time and we arent going to win many games next year anyway.

Imgonnamiss#12 is going to miss far more than 12 times if he keeps jabbering. Although I don't put much stock in passing competitions, I will give HCDM the benefit of the doubt that he'll go with the QB that is likely to produce the most wins. Whether that's Charlie Loeb, AB, Hunt or Allen we'll see in due time. Regardless of which one plays I think we win win at least half our games next year. How many over .500 that will be will depend on much more than just who is quarterbacking.

Honestly, I dont wanna hear anymore on the topic of Loeb from anyone that puts an ounce of stock in passing competitions. Do you think UConn fans rallied around Johnny McEntee because he had a trick video on youtube? No..they wanted McCummings to play. Some of us are going to be alarmed when they see the first ACC game of the Loeb era. I feel bad for the guy..its going to be a culture shock to this squad to play teams each week with 1st round draft picks on defense..and Loeb isnt the guy Id ideally like to see play them. Toss the freshman in and let him learn on the fly. If hes as advertised, he will adapt in time and we arent going to win many games next year anyway.

I haven't annointed Loeb as starter, and frankly, I think Hunt and Allen give him great competition in the spring and summer. I would love to see us with a dual threat QB, but I don't know if that will happen by Penn St next year.

I put no stock whatsoever into Loeb winning a passing competition equating to wins on the football field. It does show his arm ability, to which you have nothing to go off of seeing the few snaps he's been in this year have been running plays.

Your attack on CL was completely unprovoked and just makes you look like a jerk. Period.

Penn State at MetLife
at Northwestern
TBD HOME GAME (likely not BCS)
TULANE
at Maryland
CLEMSON
at NC State
WAKE FOREST
at Florida State
PITTSBURGH
at TBD Coastal Division opponent
BOSTON COLLEGE

All I know is that schedule makes me emotionally erect.

It's like we're going to be in a real football conference.

It was never an attack. It was an opinion. You dont always need a large sample to just be turned off. If he wins the job on experience, I hope he proves me wrong. But i dont see many teams having a hard time making him look mediocre.

Think of how attractive their children would be. They should mate.

Only Arkansas will allow it to happen though...sigh, their son will be an eyeglass wearing, forever 2nd string Razorback QB and their daughter will be nerdy yet oddly attractive aging ingenue playing folk music full of angst and vulnerbility that appeals to women and beta males.

Not sure how much you follow football, but here are some statistics for you...

Total Defense

1. Florida State
9. Connecticut
14. Rutgers
16. Maryland
33. Virginia
35. Missouri
36. Louisville
37. Pittsburgh
38. Virginia Tech
44. Cincinnati
50. Syracuse
57. Clemson
60. North Carolina
61. NC State
63. South Florida
68. Georgia Tech
78. Wake Forest
82. Temple
96. Duke
107. Boston College
115. Miami (FL)

Total Offense
7. Clemson
11. Florida State
15. North Carolina
24. Syracuse
26. Georgia Tech
33. Cincinnati
41. Louisville
48. Virginia
55. Pittsburgh
57. Miami (FL)
59. NC State
62. South Florida
65. Virginia Tech
74. Duke
95. Boston College
98. Rutgers
103. Missouri
107. Connecticut
111. Wake Forest
120. Maryland

There a a few excellent defenses in the ACC conference but an alarming number of awful ones. If anything, I think our offense will have an easier time putting up points in conference games next year.

Also included the total offense rankings for all BE and ACC schools, just to get a feel for what is coming on that side of the ball. I think the ACC has some really impressive offenses, and some really bad ones. Overall, I think our defense is going to have a harder task dealing with ACC offenses.

I don't see the difficult of the conference schedule getting markedly harder next season. Should be close to a wash. The quality of the second Coastal opponent could affect this quite a bit.

I threw in Missouri too just because we happen to be playing them Saturday.

Loeb...pffttttt, starting QB for next year will be Zach Allen. Book it!

Where are your standards? I agree with those saying there isnt a big sample size..fair enough. But to be excited about him and think hes a good QB for winning a passing competition in shorts..i feel like Im back in 2005 .. GRob can still turn it around and Andrew Robinson is a stud.

according to those people who are at practice...every.single.day...loeb is far and away the #2 right now. if the opener was tomorrow, loeb would be the qb because he is the best prepared physically, mentally and skillwise to run THIS offense. who would you prefer? a kid that isn't even working with the qb's? a kid that is on the scout team? maybe he doesn't win the job next august, but he's the leader in the clubhouse right now.

It was never an attack. It was an opinion. You dont always need a large sample to just be turned off. If he wins the job on experience, I hope he proves me wrong. But i dont see many teams having a hard time making him look mediocre.

You aren't alone. And Don't worry about those who feel the need to shout you down. IMO, Charlie Loeb won't be the starting QB next year. The days of the stopgap are over.

These stats mean nothing. And you question if *I* follow football? I think its common sense that the defensive statistics are a product of who you play. ACC teams play better offenses..and Big East schools rack up yardage playing other Big East schools and the Service academies. Or do you REALLLLLY think UConn is a top ten defense? lol

Not that its a surprise with guys like Manuel, Greene, Boyd, Hopkins, Bernard etc. but you strengthen my point by listing 3 ACC teams in the top 15 offensively. No wait..those guys listed arent good..theyre only good because they dont have to play UConn or Rutgers!

Not sure how much you follow football, but here are some statistics for you...

Total Defense

1. Florida State
9. Connecticut
14. Rutgers
16. Maryland
33. Virginia
35. Missouri
36. Louisville
37. Pittsburgh
38. Virginia Tech
44. Cincinnati
50. Syracuse
57. Clemson
60. North Carolina
61. NC State
63. South Florida
68. Georgia Tech
78. Wake Forest
82. Temple
96. Duke
107. Boston College
115. Miami (FL)

Total Offense
7. Clemson
11. Florida State
15. North Carolina
24. Syracuse
26. Georgia Tech
33. Cincinnati
41. Louisville
48. Virginia
55. Pittsburgh
57. Miami (FL)
59. NC State
62. South Florida
65. Virginia Tech
74. Duke
95. Boston College
98. Rutgers
103. Missouri
107. Connecticut
111. Wake Forest
120. Maryland

There a a few excellent defenses in the ACC conference but an alarming number of awful ones. If anything, I think our offense will have an easier time putting up points in conference games next year.

Also included the total offense rankings for all BE and ACC schools, just to get a feel for what is coming on that side of the ball. I think the ACC has some really impressive offenses, and some really bad ones. Overall, I think our defense is going to have a harder task dealing with ACC offenses.

I don't see the difficult of the conference schedule getting markedly harder next season. Should be close to a wash. The quality of the second Coastal opponent could affect this quite a bit.

I threw in Missouri too just because we happen to be playing them Saturday.

You aren't alone. And Don't worry about those who feel the need to shout you down. IMO, Charlie Loeb won't be the starting QB next year. The days of the stopgap are over.

Well, it's one thing to say that you think Hunt or someone else (not sure who though, Broyld and Zach seem like long shots with no reps yet) will be the starting QB next year.

But it's another thing to have an I love #12 handle and just completely bash Loeb in about 25 different posts, and then say "well, it's not an attack". Ok, agenda a better word?

I did find it to be a fun read though, I wasn't lying about that part.

One thing we know for sure is that Doug will not hesitate to start the best play, even if he is a freshman, sophomore or whatever. He's repeatedly stated that players are not already slotted into starting positions, but have to earn the starting spot during camp.

Only Arkansas will allow it to happen though...sigh, their son will be an eyeglass wearing, forever 2nd string Razorback QB and their daughter will be nerdy yet oddly attractive aging ingenue playing folk music full of angst and vulnerbility that appeals to women and beta males.

I read your posts even less now but open them that much more. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom