2013 Schedule | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

2013 Schedule

Miami has completely lost the mystique with that move. Attendance has fallen off the map. They were a front running fanbase anyway, but this just crushed it even further. Orange Bowl may have been a dump (I can confirm, it was horrible for a fan), but they had the intimidation factor there. All gone now. Orange Bowl wasn't on campus, but it was closer, and with the Dolphins moving to Joe Robbie (name at the time anyway), the Canes and their fans owned it.

Pitt's kind of going through that now too. NFL stadiums are someone else's home, no matter how the facility defines it. The fans know that as well.

50k on campus stadium for each would work wonders. I know it's not that simple to just throw together a stadium, but I wonder if it's even on their radar.

Minnesota's move from Metrodump to campus facility has improved their atmosphere 1000%.

The Canes should move to that baseball stadium in the middle of Miami. No one else is using it anymore.

Nassib's SU career is finished in 3 games ( yes 3)..what kind of agenda would I have? I hate the backup that never posed a threat to his job. Let me get this straight..i admire the hell out of Nassib and think hes a massively underrated QB. He developed nicely, showed a great ethic, toughness and played on teams with little talent around him and won some games. Some big games. If Loeb goes out there and completely shocks me and over-achieves and beats a Clemson..ill admire him too. He has limitations though that Nassib doesnt. Lefties 99% of the time have deeper mechanics and slower releases. Its physics..he cant help it. You do get a rarity like Vick that throws like a maniac but lefties usually have the slower mechanics , hence they dont succeed in the NFL.

The Canes should move to that baseball stadium in the middle of Miami. No one else is using it anymore.

They have a bigger payroll than the Marlins so I'm sure it would work.

Nassib's SU career is finished in 3 games ( yes 3)..what kind of agenda would I have? I hate the backup that never posed a threat to his job. Let me get this straight..i admire the hell out of Nassib and think hes a massively underrated QB. He developed nicely, showed a great ethic, toughness and played on teams with little talent around him and won some games. Some big games. If Loeb goes out there and completely shocks me and over-achieves and beats a Clemson..ill admire him too. He has limitations though that Nassib doesnt. Lefties 99% of the time have deeper mechanics and slower releases. Its physics..he cant help it. You do get a rarity like Vick that throws like a maniac but lefties usually have the slower mechanics , hence they dont succeed in the NFL.

Calling the kid fat was rather juvenile and really doesn't command any respect from your readers.

Calling the kid fat was rather juvenile and really doesn't command any respect from your readers.

Charlie's mechanics were pretty good when he was the best in that Manning camp, beating Matt Barkley, among others.

I am hoping for more Todd Philcox, less Kevin Mason.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2012/07/14/syracuse-qb-charley-loeb/14270/

Plus, I know he has that one really big fan down there right? Crap, can we get a retelling of that story from the Tulane game?

Not another reference to the passing competition. It really doesnt take much to amuse some people.

Hes better than Barkley!!

Not another reference to the passing competition. It really doesnt take much to amuse some people.

Hes better than Barkley!!

I didn't read the whole thread there member since Monday, and we will all miss number 12 come January.

I just happen to think #17 will do just fine in his one year, allowing Allen to RS and learn before he breaks the ACC passing records in late 2016.

All trolling aside, the extra 15 practices that come with a bowl game would be Billy Fuccillo Huge for Loeb, Kinder, and Hunt. And Broyld, if that's your camp.

it surprises me that miami is also content to play 40 minutes off-campus at a pro stadium. big time schools just don't do that. they need a 50-55k arena.
Miami has no room on campus for a stadium. Coral Gables situation is probably similar to Chestnut Hill. Upscale community that likes having a college in town, but not the congestion and rowdiness that come with it.

It was never an attack. It was an opinion. You dont always need a large sample to just be turned off. If he wins the job on experience, I hope he proves me wrong. But i dont see many teams having a hard time making him look mediocre.
Large sample? He's 3-5 for 41 yards in 4 years! I'd call that essentially NO sample. Just don't get the hate. Did he kick your dog or something?

I didn't read the whole thread there member since Monday, and we will all miss number 12 come January.

I just happen to think #17 will do just fine in his one year, allowing Allen to RS and learn before he breaks the ACC passing records in late 2016.
Where is Kim Jung Bess when you need 'em? ;)

New member on Monday...could very well be gone by Friday.

Miami has no room on campus for a stadium. Coral Gables situation is probably similar to Chestnut Hill. Upscale community that likes having a college in town, but not the congestion and rowdiness that come with it.

Correct.

Plus, no one in Miami gives a crap about sports unless the team is winning, and winning big time. Doesn't really matter where they play, unless they're a national title contender they simply won't draw.

Where is Kim Jung Bess when you need 'em? ;)

New member on Monday...could very well be gone by Friday.
Yep. Methinks its a least time for KJB to conduct an IP address search to verify the Kaiser's theory that Perry's grandmother hasn't turned back up with a new handle. C'mon Bees, what has RGLCL done to deserve this? If it turns out the IP address is from Louisiana, I'm personally going with the stolen girlfriend theory.

We know our non-conference schedule is
8-31 Penn State Metlife Stadium
9-7 @Northwestern
Tulane
TBA 1-AA school
Conference Schedule here is how I see it going I believe the ACC will balance Syracuse and Boston College so that you will only have 1 Northeast game a year thus if you played @Boston College this year you will play @Syracuse next year so ACC teams and fans don't have to make multiple trips above the Mason-Dixon line and I am not counting Maryland as they aren't really Yankee or Southern it comes down to whether you live near Baltimore or DC or the rest of the state.
@Florida State
11-29 @ Boston College
@ North Carolina State
@ Pittsburgh
Wake Forest A tough intro to the ACCin termas of who and when. I presume this allspeculation at this point,so the actual schedule could be less of an ordeal in its initial season.
Clemson
Maryland
Coastal Division Opponent TBA I believe most likely to be Miami for historical reasons and they have a good sized Northeast alumni group.

With this type of schedule what do people see as the realistic and probable projections for next year?

That gives us a schedule that looks like this:

Penn State at MetLife
at Northwestern
TBD HOME GAME (likely not BCS)
TULANE
at Maryland
CLEMSON
at NC State
WAKE FOREST
at Florida State
PITTSBURGH
at TBD Coastal Division opponent
BOSTON COLLEGE

I look at that schedule, and the first thing that jumps out at me is that EIGHT OF OUR GAMES will be played within a few hours drive of the NYC/Northern NJ metro area. If you are from that area, and you want to play BCS-level football, Syracuse is a perfect fit.

Honestly, I dont wanna hear anymore on the topic of Loeb from anyone that puts an ounce of stock in passing competitions. Do you think UConn fans rallied around Johnny McEntee because he had a trick video on youtube? No..they wanted McCummings to play. Some of us are going to be alarmed when they see the first ACC game of the Loeb era. I feel bad for the guy..its going to be a culture shock to this squad to play teams each week with 1st round draft picks on defense..and Loeb isnt the guy Id ideally like to see play them. Toss the freshman in and let him learn on the fly. If hes as advertised, he will adapt in time and we arent going to win many games next year anyway.
Cut it, please. You're making the ACC out to be the NFL. With Tech and Miami off their game, it's just a bit better than the BE right now.

Grandma has an awful delivery but she is right.

1. The BE blows. There just isn't a whole lot of talent there. The Os are putrid which in turn makes the D stats look nice. If you watch the games you know that the ACC will be a step up in competition.

2. I have seen Loeb play in 7 "games" between ED and Spring competitions. He has played poorly in each. I will be very worried if he is our QB next year. He isn't nearly as good a passer as Nassib. He can't make a lot of the throws that Ryan does. While Loeb will be a slightly better runner, it wouldn't be enough to make up for his deficiency in passing. I rather see Broyld or Allen back there. Even if it means losing some of the playbook. A smaller play book with a play maker is always better then a large playbook with a guy who cannot execute. However based on Marrone's history he will go with the knowledge over play making.

i think that either the tulane game or 1AA game will be in october as acc likes to sprinkle conference games in september and weeks 1 and 2 we wont be able to

i think that either the tulane game or 1AA game will be in october as acc likes to sprinkle conference games in september and weeks 1 and 2 we wont be able to
I have a feeling on our home ACC opener will be a night game either Thursday or Friday night in week 3 or 4. BC's ACC home opener was an appearance by College Gameday for a game versus Florida State. Pitt will probably get Florida State, Miami, Clemson or Virginia Tech on Labor Day Monday in a Primetime game to give them a national platform. I think the ACC will do whatever will SU as much as they can for their ACC opener and my opinion on the schedule is pure speculation, but I think Clemson will be our marquee home game next year so Clemson in [rimetime makes some sense

I don't think you have the schedule for next year correct.

I am pretty sure the BC game is going to be played at the Dome. When it was originally scheduled as an OCC game, it was scheduled to be played in Chestnut Hill, but now that it is a conference game, BC will need to play in the Dome, or they will play 5 home games in an 8 game ACC conference schedule. That is not going to happen.

The Pitt game is also going to be played in the Dome instead of Pittsburgh (we will play them at home two years in a row). The Maryland game will be played in College Park. I could be wrong but based on what I have read and seen, I think the entire ACC schedule is a near lock for a variety of reasons I do not have time to discuss right now.

The second Coastal Division game is the big open question. Could be Miami. Whoever it is, the game will be on the road. If I have the schedule right, I doubt it will be Miami...doesn't make a lot of sense to have Syracuse play in Florida twice in one season.

That gives us a schedule that looks like this:

Penn State at MetLife
at Northwestern
TBD HOME GAME (likely not BCS)
TULANE
at Maryland
CLEMSON
at NC State
WAKE FOREST
at Florida State
PITTSBURGH
at TBD Coastal Division opponent
BOSTON COLLEGE

The order is meaningless right now except for the PSU, NW and BC games. Though we will hopefully be playing Tulane and the TBD home game in September.

I think we should definitely beat WF, Pitt and BC at home. Should definitely beat TBD non BCS and Tulane at home. Should beat Maryland on the road. Hope to win one of the PSU and NW games and one of the NC State and TBD Coastal opponent away games. We probably lose to Clemson and it is really unlikely we beat FSU on the road.

That would yield an 8-4 record (5-3 in ACC play). I think that is pretty realistic.

Your breakdown matches mine exactly and how I also got to 8-4 at the beginning of the thread.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom