2013 Schedule | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2013 Schedule

Charley has had plenty of chances ..hes a senior. Hes seen live action and hes looked sub-standard. Hes a big, plodding lefty with an elongated release. Our line would have to protect far better than they have for Nassib. Im sure hes a great guy...but Id rather have Stony Brooks QB.

He's not better than Nassib and you can only play 1 qb...isn't he a better athlete than Nassib as well? I don't think he has Nassib's arm by any means but I have a lot of faith in his accuracy.

Charley has had plenty of chances ..hes a senior. Hes seen live action and hes looked sub-standard. Hes a big, plodding lefty with an elongated release. Our line would have to protect far better than they have for Nassib. Im sure hes a great guy...but Id rather have Stony Brooks QB.
I agree Charley has a slow release but you think he is plodding? You realize he would beat Ryan in a 40 yard dash by 5 yards don't you? You realize he is far more agile and athletic than Ryan, don't you?

I think questions regarding his ability to make good decisions quickly and his throwing accuracy are legitimate. But I wouldn't question his athletic ability or speed. The guy is an athlete. He will be far better than Ryan wsa/is at running with the ball.

And...there is nothing wrong with being left handed!

Yeah Tom I think Loeb is going to add a different dimension to the offense, not a bad thing but different. No snap throws to the outside but a nice touch and maybe a better long ball and as we both agree a more athletic qb. Knowledge wise it should be interesting, smart kid but actual playing experience ain't no book smart type of thing.

He's had plenty of chances to what, beat out the guy that always had one year on him? You can't love Nassib and at the same time say Loeb sucks because he didn't beat him out. He's never had a real chance to show what he can or can't do in a game. Anytime he came in it was for a play or two, or the very very very very rare occasion he played mop up duty. In both cases, it's typical to have conservative play calls. I'm not saying he'll be as good as Nassib. I'm saying we don't know how good he is. Maybe he won't even win the starting job. Maybe he wouldn't even have to be as good as Nassib next year. Our running game my be even better or Funderburk (spelling?) may be a more dynamic receiver than Nassib ever had. To conclusively guarantee that Loeb can't get it done at all, as you have done, is short sighted. Unless, of course, you're Doug Marrone. Is that you Doug?

Would you allow Charley Loeb to air it out?

You clearly aren't up to speed with SU football. In the offseason, Loeb won a passing competition and beat out the likes of Barkley just to name one big name, among a few. He was the most accurate passer on 3-4 different yardage targets.

Please don't spew stuff you don't have a clue about.

I would, but I have no defense against ridiculously good looking people.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I see a combo of Lisa Loeb and the Charley bit me kind of thing in my head when I think of our possible 2013 qb.

I dont envision Loeb being anything special as an athlete in the ACC. Compounding any limitations he has is the fact that he will face defenses 1000% better and more active than anything he would see in the BE. Does Charley Loeb vs. Clemson or Florida State excite you? We dont have the caliber of athlete as some of these schools..if we dont have a QB capable of throwing the ball against these teams, we are cooked. Id prefer a pocket passer really. I judt hope for better for this team than Charley next year. Charley is gonna take a pounding if he plays.

You clearly aren't up to speed with SU football. In the offseason, Loeb won a passing competition and beat out the likes of Barkley just to name one big name, among a few. He was the most accurate passer on 3-4 different yardage targets.

Please don't spew stuff you don't have a clue about.

And you're judging him by a passing competition? lol

I knew about the passing competition..it just means absolutely nothing about his ability to play QB. Johnny McEntee can hit a soup can from 50 yards but cant throw a pass in a game..big deal.

And you're judging him by a passing competition? lol

What else do you have to judge him by? The kid has a great arm, so back to your original knock against him, YES I would let him throw it.

I see a combo of Lisa Loeb and the Charley bit me kind of thing in my head when I think of our possible 2013 qb.
That's unfortunate. You should try to stop at Lisa Loeb. She's adorable.

Where are your standards? I agree with those saying there isnt a big sample size..fair enough. But to be excited about him and think hes a good QB for winning a passing competition in shorts..i feel like Im back in 2005 .. GRob can still turn it around and Andrew Robinson is a stud.

I simply want the best player to play qb and let's face it, Loeb has been studying under Nassib his whole time (1 year under Paulus) here and that is an important asset. If Hunt, Kinder, AB or one of the true freshman are better than I see it as a very good thing as I have confidence that Loeb will do a good job at qb. The slow release thing does bother me though.

I dont envision Loeb being anything special as an athlete in the ACC. Compounding any limitations he has is the fact that he will face defenses 1000% better and more active than anything he would see in the BE. Does Charley Loeb vs. Clemson or Florida State excite you? We dont have the caliber of athlete as some of these schools..if we dont have a QB capable of throwing the ball against these teams, we are cooked. Id prefer a pocket passer really. I judt hope for better for this team than Charley next year. Charley is gonna take a pounding if he plays.
You pop out of the woodwork over the past few days and make declarations like these? I'm not sure what your agenda is but criticizing players shouldn't be part of it.

Did Charlie steal your girl friend? Chill out...

Where are your standards? I agree with those saying there isnt a big sample size..fair enough. But to be excited about him and think hes a good QB for winning a passing competition in shorts..i feel like Im back in 2005 .. GRob can still turn it around and Andrew Robinson is a stud.

You must be new here, a little advice unless you want your avatar to be I miss syracusefan.com I would slow the hate on a backup qb who has never thrown a pass in a game, the moderators here arent a huge fan of that.. There will be two other QB's given the opportunity to beat out Loeb including a guy who looks like a Highschool All American. So lets see what happens

I don't think you have the schedule for next year correct.

I am pretty sure the BC game is going to be played at the Dome. When it was originally scheduled as an OCC game, it was scheduled to be played in Chestnut Hill, but now that it is a conference game, BC will need to play in the Dome, or they will play 5 home games in an 8 game ACC conference schedule. That is not going to happen.

The Pitt game is also going to be played in the Dome instead of Pittsburgh (we will play them at home two years in a row). The Maryland game will be played in College Park. I could be wrong but based on what I have read and seen, I think the entire ACC schedule is a near lock for a variety of reasons I do not have time to discuss right now.

The second Coastal Division game is the big open question. Could be Miami. Whoever it is, the game will be on the road. If I have the schedule right, I doubt it will be Miami...doesn't make a lot of sense to have Syracuse play in Florida twice in one season.

That gives us a schedule that looks like this:

Penn State at MetLife
at Northwestern
TBD HOME GAME (likely not BCS)
TULANE
at Maryland
CLEMSON
at NC State
WAKE FOREST
at Florida State
PITTSBURGH
at TBD Coastal Division opponent
BOSTON COLLEGE

The order is meaningless right now except for the PSU, NW and BC games. Though we will hopefully be playing Tulane and the TBD home game in September.

I think we should definitely beat WF, Pitt and BC at home. Should definitely beat TBD non BCS and Tulane at home. Should beat Maryland on the road. Hope to win one of the PSU and NW games and one of the NC State and TBD Coastal opponent away games. We probably lose to Clemson and it is really unlikely we beat FSU on the road.

That would yield an 8-4 record (5-3 in ACC play). I think that is pretty realistic.
Where did you find out we play Pitt and BC at home? I know we would have played Pitt at home in 2013 if the ACC had 9 conference games because the Atlantic was going to get 5 home games but now that the ACC is going to 8 conference games and we played BC at home in 2010 and Pitt at home in 2012 so I figured we would play them on the road. However, I just looked at all ACC schedules all permanent cross-over games in the 2012 ACC schedule were played the Coastal team's homefield so you probably right we play Pitt at home again, and our 2nd Coastal game will be on the road probably Ga. Tech, Virginia, or Virginia Tech IMO because your right they won't want us to play game in Florida. Maryland and Boston College one will be home and one away I still think @BC makes sense because we play them at home the last time.

What have you got going hete, a dictatorship? Youre not allowed to have a differing opinion? Lol

What have you got going hete, a dictatorship? Youre not allowed to have a differing opinion? Lol

An interesting intelligent discussion is one thing but you just came out of the shoot as just not liking a player with no real reason. Just simply make your points why you feel that way and don't sound like a 12 year old not getting your way.

We love our Charley Loeb here..ill just leave that name alone. We must have the Loeb family sponsoring this site.

An interesting intelligent discussion is one thing but you just came out of the shoot as just not liking a player with no real reason. Just simply make your points why you feel that way and don't sound like a 12 year old not getting your way.

We all have our tastes..my taste isnt hefty lefty. If you like Charley, so be it. Ive seen no argument other than that hes won a passing competition.

I make it a rule to never worry about NEXT year's starting QB until the current season ends.

We love our Charley Loeb here..ill just leave that name alone. We must have the Loeb family sponsoring this site.
First, you haven't a clue when it comes to your evaluation of CL or even Big east defenses for that matter.

Second, these are college students, amateur athletes...there is no need to crucify a player over and over. Simply put, there are much more subtle ways to criticize a player you despise. I still don't get all the hate.

That's unfortunate. You should try to stop at Lisa Loeb. She's adorable.

Think of how attractive their children would be. They should mate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom