2014 Uniforms | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

2014 Uniforms

SUfaninAZ said:
Let's hope so.

The block "S" isn't going anywhere. Gross is too into identity and branding (rightfully so).

The block "S" isn't going anywhere. Gross is too into identity and branding (rightfully so).

nor should it at this point. I like the old helmets better, but now with the new logo, you gotta sell the block S. that logo should be prominent on every uniform.

jr4750 said:
nor should it at this point. I like the old helmets better, but now with the new logo, you gotta sell the block S. that logo should be prominent on every uniform.

Agreed. There's no going back - would love seeing a retro 80's alternate uni featuring plain orange helmets though.

Summer-09-001-450x600.jpg
CTFU

You never know what these sneaker companies will come up with. Look at what they did to Maryland. How the hell did Maryland's colors change from red and white to a checkerboard of black, yellow and red? They look like a racing flag.

I just said this same thing in the OTHER uniform thread.
Did not see the "other" uniform thread but glad I'm not the only one with this thought...If we could have the Orange "POP" out like the green does and mix in Blue grey would be very nice. Great revenue opportunities for merchandise sales and kids love the cool new unis

You never know what these sneaker companies will come up with. Look at what they did to Maryland. How the hell did Maryland's colors change from red and white to a checkerboard of black, yellow and red? They look like a racing flag.
1. Under Armour isn't a sneaker company.
2. Kevin Plank (founder of UA) went to Maryland, hence why they were the first guinea pig here.
3. They solely incorporated the Maryland state flag into the uniforms.
4. Not a word of what I said is new information.

Gross has uniform A.D.D.

I'm starting to think that whatever we have for 2014 won't be what we have for, say, 2016.

Gross has uniform A.D.D.

I'm starting to think that whatever we have for 2014 won't be what we have for, say, 2016.
does he? we've only had two different jersey designs since 2004, and neither one was a major overhaul.

does he? we've only had two different jersey designs since 2004, and neither one was a major overhaul.

I'm thinking of all the different combinations of anything, not just jersey design.

2005 was the first overhaul. Then I felt like we kept tweaking. Helmets alone went from solid orange, to numbers, to someone using what looked like tape to make a black-ish blue S which resembled a 5. Then finally got a better blue S that looked more like our logo. Then added the blue color this year.

We wore orange pants only from Jim Brown to 2004. In 2005, added white pants and I think blue pants. Then went back to only orange for a bunch of years. Then this year went back to blue, not sure if it was the same design as 2005.

Jerseys had orange/blue/white stripes on the shoulders at one point. Then just had terrible looking blackish blue stripes that looked like they were drawn with a marker. Then had no stripes the past few years.

I've tried my best to block out the GRob years, but the one thing I remember is that we always seemed to be tweaking the uniform. We finally landed on something sharp, maybe 2009? Especially for home games. The orange pants, blue shirt, helmet with block S look. Then this year, I think we only wore that for Penn State and BC.

Chip said:
I'm thinking of all the different combinations of anything, not just jersey design. 2005 was the first overhaul. Then I felt like we kept tweaking. Helmets alone went from solid orange, to numbers, to someone using what looked like tape to make a black-ish blue S which resembled a 5. Then finally got a better blue S that looked more like our logo. Then added the blue color this year. We wore orange pants only from Jim Brown to 2004. In 2005, added white pants and I think blue pants. Then went back to only orange for a bunch of years. Then this year went back to blue, not sure if it was the same design as 2005. Jerseys had orange/blue/white stripes on the shoulders at one point. Then just had terrible looking blackish blue stripes that looked like they were drawn with a marker. Then had no stripes the past few years. I've tried my best to block out the GRob years, but the one thing I remember is that we always seemed to be tweaking the uniform. We finally landed on something sharp, maybe 2009? Especially for home games. The orange pants, blue shirt, helmet with block S look. Then this year, I think we only wore that for Penn State and BC.
Respectfully have to correct this.
Much of the later archbold days and into the Dome, or Joe Morris era at least was with white pants. We opened the dome with white pants, blue jerseys, and orange helmets.

That's why I liked the combo this year of orange lid, white jersey, and blue pants a couple games this year.

No, I really like that uniform as is. We are the Orange. No one ever said we are the Orange and Blue. Use orange, but if another color works better to compliment it, then use it. Really like the orange with black here.

Well I'm pretty sure we shouldn't use that exact uniform. Thats Oregon States. I sure as don't want somebody else's uniform, and even further down the list, I sure as heck do not want anything belonging to any OSU for my Orange to wear.

and can we get this particular player back on the field too?

As long as we're at it, can we get girls in hip-hugger bell bottom pants and peasant shirts too? Maybe some flowers in their hair and granny glasses? Now those were girls. And I'll add, mini-skirts and GoGo boots.

Can we please stop with the DMcnabb era stuff? We might as well revert back to the oversized pads and midrift showing jerseys as well. The kids like the pro-combat stuff. What we need is to make our orange, highlighter orange. Think seahawks jersey, except for neon green, its neon orange. We need to use the orange the same way that Oregon uses their green. It would look sick.

The recruiting is going well, IPF is going to get built, chatter about a new stadium, new jerseys, amazing first year in the ACC, its good to be orange folks.

Disagree.

Oregon had no football pedigree.

We do.

We are closer to Michigan, Ohio State, Alabama, Auburn than schools like Oregon are.

Alabama sticks with tradition and it doesn't seem to hurt.

I disagree completely with the idea of dumping our traditional look.

A complete overhaul of the complete overhaul from that season? I wish the powers that be could make up their minds. Great programs have timeless uniforms. We are not Rutgers and shouldn't act like we are.

For what it is worth, I hate the Dr Gross era basketball uniforms too. Home and away are a disgrace.

Tom said it better than I did.

We are Syracuse University - no need for gimmick uniforms.

Disagree.

Oregon had no football pedigree.

We do.

We are closer to Michigan, Ohio State, Alabama, Auburn than schools like Oregon are.

Alabama sticks with tradition and it doesn't seem to hurt.

I disagree completely with the idea of dumping our traditional look.

Does any 17 yr old kid today believe this?

These past few years, debating SU uniform opinions on this board, have clarified my thinking. I have only three requirements when it comes to SU's uniforms:

1 - I want ORANGE to be prominent.
2 - I want the players to like them.
3 - I want people to be able to turn on the TV and recognize that Syracuse is playing, without having to hit the "Info" button to find out who is playing.

That's it. I don't really care about anything else that much.