2015 NFL season general discussion thread | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

2015 NFL season general discussion thread

That was a Madden game the computer says you aren't winning. I got nothing but respect for the Giants. They are freaking balls of steel against the Pats.
Somebody in the NFC better chop their heads off because they scare the crap out of me.

That was a Madden game the computer says you aren't winning. I got nothing but respect for the Giants. They are freaking balls of steel against the Pats.
Somebody in the NFC better chop their heads off because they scare the crap out of me.

The NYG played a great game today but are rather mundane against the rest of the league. At 22+ turnovers and yet they're not over .500. But for some reason they are kryptonite to Tom and Bill.

They replayed that TD pass a half dozen times. Every time I had no trouble counting one foot second foot after the catch. Not sure what the ref replay was looking at. Unless you have to get 3 feet down.

I want the Patriots to tank the Eagles game. I want to lose that game and help the Eagles win the NFC East.

I want the Giants out of the playoffs.

They replayed that TD pass a half dozen times. Every time I had no trouble counting one foot second foot after the catch. Not sure what the ref replay was looking at. Unless you have to get 3 feet down.
Beckham has to finish the catch. That was a classic version of the Calvin Johnson rule. Butler knocked the ball out.

Go look at the Calvin Johnson catch against the Bears and Dez Bryant catch against the Packers last year. You have the complete the catch.

Beckham has to finish the catch. That was a classic version of the Calvin Johnson rule. Butler knocked the ball out.

Go look at the Calvin Johnson catch against the Bears and Dez Bryant catch against the Packers last year. You have the complete the catch.
I thought they were going to revisit that rule.

Not for nothing but the Giants cause was not helped when they ran a play with 2:10 left in the game and zero seconds came off the clock. Normally not that big a deal but it was right in the middle of the Pats using their TOs right before the 2 minute warning.

Not for nothing but the Giants cause was not helped when they ran a play with 2:10 left in the game and zero seconds came off the clock. Normally not that big a deal but it was right in the middle of the Pats using their TOs right before the 2 minute warning.
Absolutely. They needed to run the ball at least twice beginning on 1st and goal. Make the Pats use their last TO, and run more time off the clock. Even if the result is the same (Giants FG), there is a lot less time on the clock for the Pats to move down field. Sigh...

Edit - I guess even NFL coaches have trouble with game management sometimes. :oops:

Absolutely. They needed to run the ball at least twice beginning on 1st and goal. Make the Pats use their last TO, and run more time off the clock. Even if the result is the same (Giants FG), there is a lot less time on the clock for the Pats to move down field. Sigh...

Edit - I guess even NFL coaches have trouble with game management sometimes. :oops:
I'm saying someone screwed up the game clock as no time came off what should have been a 6 second runoff.

4 seconds ran off. The Pats called a TO w/2:14. Then with it went to 2:06 the next play and 2:01.

I want the Patriots to tank the Eagles game. I want to lose that game and help the Eagles win the NFC East.

I want the Giants out of the playoffs.

The Eagles did their best to help the NYG get into the playoffs. I was at that game today and they did everything they possibly could to hand the game to the Fish.

I'm saying someone screwed up the game clock as no time came off what should have been a 6 second runoff.

They reset the clock to 2:14 I believe.

They reset the clock to 2:14 I believe.
Correct because BB on the field called the TO so that ref got the 4 seconds back on the clock.

Giants mismanaged the first and goal from the 6. By passing on first down to Beckham almost TD it gave the Pats a free TO as that play only took 5 seconds. They should have ran to use those 6 seconds.

Don't like the rule but it apparently is what it is. Presumably the fact control with 2 feet down in the end zone isn't enough. A runner who crosses the goal line with ball but fumbles an inch past the goal line before his knee comes down = TD.

They changed the rule again and made it worse. How do you become a runner in the end zone? Brilliant.

The NFL has all sorts of stupid rules. How is that you can lose a fumble on the opponent's one yard line that goes out of bounds and still retain possession (logical of course) but then if you fumble out of the end zone (without the other team recovering) you not only lose the ball but the other team gets it at their 20. Makes zero sense.

Thats like the third game blown by the Giants this year due to clock management. Injuries starting to mount for the Pats though. Brady got hit hard today a few times. I thought he was lucky to escape injury himself.

Thats like the third game blown by the Giants this year due to clock management. Injuries starting to mount for the Pats though. Brady got hit hard today a few times. I thought he was lucky to escape injury himself.
I swear, I will lose it if I see a repeat of the defenses performance against the Pats earlier this season after what i just saw from an inferior Giants defense.

Especially with a beat up offensive line and no Lewis or Edelman.

I swear, I will lose it if I see a repeat of the defenses performance against the Pats earlier this season after what i just saw from an inferior Giants defense.

Especially with a beat up offensive line and no Lewis or Edelman.
The Giants were missing a lot of guys as well.