2015 NFL season general discussion thread | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

2015 NFL season general discussion thread

I had my issue with the ball placement on that first Jets first down but aside from that, how great was it to watch a game where you didn't have to stare at the upper left hand corner of the screen for 30 seconds after the play waiting to see if a flag was thrown?

Last edited:
I had my issue with the ball placement on that first Jets first down but aside from that, how great was it to watch a game where you didn't have to stare at the upper left hand of the screen for 30 seconds after the play waiting to see if a flag was thrown?
True. Aside from a couple of horrendous spots the refs were pretty much invisible which is generally a good thing. As far as any possible issues with the play clock, wish someone recorded the game to look at it (if there is an it).

I had my issue with the ball placement on that first Jets first down but aside from that, how great was it to watch a game where you didn't have to stare at the upper left hand of the screen for 30 seconds after the play waiting to see if a flag was thrown?

Yep, the refs were fair, the Holds were Holds, etc etc.

The Bills have a pretty good record when they have their Offensive players healthy and they don't "commit" 15-17 infractions

So do we have a chance Monday night in New England? That's the day before my birthday so that would be quite a present to say the least! After that, I don't really see any of the remaining games as unwinnable. All of the teams are good enough where we can't have a week where we don't show up and expect to win but I think we have a solid chance of winning if we do play well.

So do we have a chance Monday night in New England? That's the day before my birthday so that would be quite a present to say the least! After that, I don't really see any of the remaining games as unwinnable. All of the teams are good enough where we can't have a week where we don't show up and expect to win but I think we have a solid chance of winning if we do play well.
Probably not, but last night was huge. Against wild card competitor and a division win. General thinking seems to be 9 wins = playoff.

If this game was a Sunday 1pm game at Gillette I would give a Buffalo a decent chance because NE crowds aren't loud and act spoiled during those games coming in late and being generally flat.
However right now Patriots fans number 0ne enemies aren't any NFL team they are ESPN and the NFL front office. This game being on ESPN in Foxboro cause the crowd to be nasty towards the ESPN people. As a result it will be loud and their will be energy for the Pats players. As a result short of Brady turning the ball over 3+ times and the Pats suffering major injuries I would give the Bills a 1 in 5 chance to win this game.

We should, hopefully, have Kyle Williams back plus McKelvin to "attempt" to cover Gronk if we choose that route. The defense looks like it may be waking up and no Dion Lewis certainly helps.

On offense, we're going to need to lean on Shady like we did against the Jets and Watkins needs at least 10 targets. The Bills offense is formidable but still learning how to play together so they are prone to having a quarter long drought... That can't happen if we want to win this game.

I know Buffalo is talented but I think they gained a lot of confidence going into NY and beating the Jets at home. That was a high emotion game and they came through.

Tyrod will need to gain at least three first downs with his legs and DLs need to get hands up on the short passing game.

Tyrod will need to gain at least three first downs with his legs and DLs need to get hands up on the short passing game.
Hopefully we don't play our 2 stud corners 10 yards off like last game.

for those of you scoring at home: the Giants will enter this weekends game without these people

STARTERS

WR Cruz
LT Beatty
TE Donnell
DT Hankins
LB Beason
LB Thomas
CB Prince
SS Behre

SECOND STRING

TE Fells*
DE Owa
LB Unga*
CB McFadden
SS Jackson
FS Thompson

* also a starter

something is in the damn water...

Last edited:
for those of you scoring at home: the Giants will enter this weekends game without these people

STARTERS

WR Cruz
LT Beatty
TE Donnell
DT Hankins
LB Beason
LB Thomas
CB Prince
SS Behre

SECOND STRING

TE Fells*
DE Owa
LB Unga*
CB McFadden
SS Jackson
FS Thompson

* also a starter

Not to throw cold water on the Giant injuries, but you have had your starting qb and star wr healthy all season.

STARTERS

WR Cruz
LT Beatty
TE Donnell
DT Hankins
LB Beason
LB Thomas
CB Prince
SS Behre

SECOND STRING

TE Fells*
DE Owa
LB Unga*
CB McFadden
SS Jackson
FS Thompson

* also a starter

Injuries are part of the game.

Your favorite college team has lost seven starters for the season to injury.

Not to throw cold water on the Giant injuries, but you have had your starting qb and star wr healthy all season.
With a completely revamped OL.

And everybody and their grandmother knows Eli is there with no run game and 1 weapon to throw to.

Yet 5 Wins, impressive.

HOF=ELI

With a completely revamped OL.

And everybody and their grandmother knows Eli is there with no run game and 1 weapon to throw to.

Yet 5 Wins, impressive.

HOF=ELI

We haven't had our qb for 6 games, and dez missed a few as well. The Cowboys would probably be 6-2 right now if Romo doesn't get hurt.

We haven't had our qb for 6 games, and dez missed a few as well. The Cowboys would probably be 6-2 right now if Romo doesn't get hurt.
But they're not.

So who cares???

The fact they haven't been able to keep themselves in playoff contention, with that roster full of felons, has nobody in America givin a shlit.

They haven't been relevant in 20 years anyway.

But they're not.

So who cares???

The fact they haven't been able to keep themselves in playoff contention, with that roster full of felons, has nobody in America givin a shlit.

They haven't been relevant in 20 years anyway.

We won 12 games last year, you can't win in the nfl if your star qb goes down.

Patriots won 11 games with Matt Cassel as the QB when Brady tore his ACL.

Not usually for sure, but as alsacs said, another 'team' did it with a backup that you have and good teams find a way.

Giants won a SuperBowl with theirs once...

Miami won 11 w/ Chad Pennington and the Jets were on their way too at 8-3 until Favre's arm fell off.
It's almost like the AFCE got a break that year playing both West divisions which were terrible.

Not usually for sure, but as alsacs said, another 'team' did it with a backup that you have and good teams find a way.

Giants won a SuperBowl with theirs once...

They didn't play the whole season with him, Simms played what the first ten games. That is just one example, not many teams are going to win games with their backup. The giants would be 2-7 right now if eli went down.

They didn't play the whole season with him, Simms played what the first ten games. That is just one example, not many teams are going to win games with their backup. The giants would be 2-7 right now if eli went down.
0-9, nassib is the backup.

I really have no desire to discuss the pokes till they get back in it for real, certainly possible this year, but won't be easy.

0-9, nassib is the backup.

I really have no desire to discuss the pokes till they get back in it for real, certainly possible this year, but won't be easy.

Have to win the next two to have a shot.