2015 NFL season general discussion thread | Page 35 | Syracusefan.com

2015 NFL season general discussion thread

Beckham suspended for one game. Appeal will be heard Tuesday.

I saw the tweet about the appeal being heard tomorrow but I don't understand it. By the league rules, he's supposed to have until Thursday to appeal, and in 99.9% of cases, the appeal is delayed until the following week or two so that he basically wouldn't have to serve his suspension until next season.

I saw the tweet about the appeal being heard tomorrow but I don't understand it. By the league rules, he's supposed to have until Thursday to appeal, and in 99.9% of cases, the appeal is delayed until the following week or two so that he basically wouldn't have to serve his suspension until next season.

There will be a mutiny if he isn't suspended for sundays game.

Briancuse said:
Fined yes, suspended no, his actions weren't nearly as bad as Beckhams.

Not as bad as the helmet to helmet but certainly as numerous with multiple hits to the head and penalties.

Briancuse said:

Why? It doesn't work that way for other players who have received suspensions.

This is above and beyond the normal suspension. If the nfl, esp with that movie coming out this week, goes soft here, people will flip.

Suh from Detroit was suspended 1 game for what he did to Aaron Rodgers in week 17 last year. He would have missed the playoff game versus Dallas. He appealed Monday, the hearing was Tuesday and the arbitrator overturned the suspension on Wednesday.

Beckham is doing the same thing. This will be resolved by Wednesday whether it is upheld or overturned.

Briancuse said:
This is above and beyond the normal suspension. If the nfl, esp with that movie coming out this week, goes soft here, people will flip.

For all suspensions there is an appeal process. There aren't different levels of suspensions with different processes.

When the Redskins win on Saturday the Giants will want OBJ suspended so they can lose and get a higher draft and get the cap credit for next year from him missing a week.

BTW Bees can you please change the title of this thread to 2015 NFL season general discussion please. It is more accurate of the thread has become.

BTW Bees can you please change the title of this thread to 2015 NFL season general discussion please. It is more accurate of the thread has become.
Done. Good idea.

He is in NY. No need for adjournment.

Should have had one game just for the targeting.
If they were to suspend and/or fine an additional game for the other stuff, that would be more appropriate.

Not as bad as the helmet to helmet but certainly as numerous with multiple hits to the head and penalties.

I have to assume that either there's something wrong with your television or you consumed a few six packs before the game. Norman acted like a jerk but to equate his actions with OBJ's is nuts.

Amen. I would be shocked if OBJ took the field on Sunday. The NFL is taking a beating on the airwaves on this whole issue.

What is truly amazing about that brutal spearing of Norman by OBJ is that the refs called offsetting PFs. That crew should be suspended as well. They set officiating back a few few decades with that game.

bpo57 said:
What is truly amazing about that brutal spearing of Norman by OBJ is that the refs called offsetting PFs. That crew should be suspended as well. They set officiating back a few few decades with that game.

It was off setting because of what Norman did after the helmet to helmet hit.

It was off setting because of what Norman did after the helmet to helmet hit.

lol like he shouldn't be allowed to blow off steam? After putting up with that sheet all game long?

I heard a clip on the radio of a call from the NYG radio guys. Carl Banks went off on OBJ pleading with the refs to throw him out of the game.

Funny thing is this isn't remotely OBJ's first rodeo. He's already been fined three times for $29K in just 1+ years. He has a pretty bad rep and it's obviously much worse now. Norman ate his lunch and he couldn't deal with it.

bpo57 said:
lol like he shouldn't be allowed to blow off steam? After putting up with that sheet all game long? I heard a clip on the radio of a call from the NYG radio guys. Carl Banks went off on OBJ pleading with the refs to throw him out of the game.

Keep trying. Remember who initiated the head hunting. So I guess OBJ was justified since Norman took the first shot.

Hope you read the article I posted.

Keep trying. Remember who initiated the head hunting. So I guess OBJ was justified since Norman took the first shot.

Hope you read the article I posted.

Read it earlier today. You've gotta be the only guy in North America that thinks both parties are equally guilty.

bpo57 said:
Read it earlier today. You've gotta be the only guy in North America that thinks both parties are equally guilty.

Show me where I said equally guilty?