2015 NFL season general discussion thread | Page 37 | Syracusefan.com

2015 NFL season general discussion thread

If Taylor is alternate he can pack his bag now as Brady isn't going to play in the Pro Bowl. He hasn't played it in since 2004.

Bills D IMO falls on Ryan. The talent is there but they are running a different scheme.

LOL Beckham's suspension was overturned on appeal. Everyone wins now.

Roger Goodell and 345 Park Avenue cronies better go after Peyton Manning like they did Tom Brady. If Manning used HGH that is worse than Tom Brady allegation sand they have brought the tanks to fight Brady over something he didn't do.

Roger Goodell and 345 Park Avenue cronies better go after Peyton Manning like they did Tom Brady. If Manning used HGH that is worse than Tom Brady allegation sand they have brought the tanks to fight Brady over something he didn't do.
They will leave it alone and they probably should. Oddly as a patriot fan if Peyton did use HGH I really don't have a big issue with it at all. But I think HGHshoukd be allow d over the counter so I may not be the best judge on that. However your point goes more to the integrity of the game talk and the NFL only chooses to uphold integrity when it suits them.

They will leave it alone and they probably should. Oddly as a patriot fan if Peyton did use HGH I really don't have a big issue with it at all. But I think HGHshoukd be allow d over the counter so I may not be the best judge on that. However your point goes more to the integrity of the game talk and the NFL only chooses to uphold integrity when it suits them.
I agree I just hate the fact the NFL made a Mt. Everest out of a molehill.

Reading the facts of this it appears Peyton pulled a Roger Clemons. He had the HGH sent in the mail in his wife's name after his neck surgeries. The NFL was a joke during Deflategate they didn't have any evidence. Add **** to Peyton name.

This allegation had way more smoke than Deflategate and ESPN has already buried it on Sportscenter and I love the fact Chris Mortenson is the one defending Peyton by being his family mouthpiece on ESPN.

Reading the facts of this it appears Peyton pulled a Roger Clemons. He had the HGH sent in the mail in his wife's name after his neck surgeries. The NFL was a joke during Deflategate they didn't have any evidence. Add **** to Peyton name.

This allegation had way more smoke than Deflategate and ESPN has already buried it on Sportscenter and I love the fact Chris Mortenson is the one defending Peyton by being his family mouthpiece on ESPN.
If Peyton did it I think it is in his best interest to own up and this story disappears within a few news cycles.

Peyton is going to be gone. The team I heard he is most likely to go to believe it or not is the Dallas Cowboys. I don't know why Jerry would fire his puppet in Garrett but I heard that Peyton's number 1 spot if not NO is Dallas and not Indy.

Saints need DBs badly. Their LB core has some youth that will be better. The DL as well has youth. The Peat draft pick was bad. They needed more defensive help. That Armstread? LT is pretty good I wouldn't have taken Peat who was raw coming out of Stanford. Peat is playing LG which not what you use a mid first round pick on.

Brees is in the ballpark with Brady/Manning and if he goes anywhere it would be Houston would be my guess. It is close to New Orleans and his family wouldn't really have to move and they are a QB away and its a Dome as well. One weakness of Brees after his shoulders/labium injuries is his arm strength isn't elite and he needs a Dome if possible.

Saints need to spend all their draft on Defense. Cooks/Snead/Colston is a fine 1-2-3. The OL is solid and RBs are a dime a dozen. Spend all draft capital on DL/LB/DBs and hope Allen or whomever the next HC can fix the D.

The Saints are seventh in points scored and 32nd in points allowed. It's a bad of defense they have ever had, and they have had some pretty bad defenses. The Browner signing backfired. So did junior galette and Jairus Byrd. You can blame Brees cap number for their issues, but it really is Mickey Loomis overpayimg veterans long term instead of trying to build through the draft on defense. Also you would think playing against one of most prolific passers in NFL history would make you a better defense, but that hasn't happened either.

Payton wants full control, maybe they should give that to him instead of having Mickey Loomis the GM. Also I don't think it's a coincidence that management has seen a decline in performance as many of them have duel responsibilities with the Pelicans. The Saints need a complete overhaul, and it starts in the front office.

As for Brees, he has played well again this year. His arm has become stronger as the season has gone on. After his injury he didn't throw deep as much, but that is not the case now. I can understand wanting to rebuild, but this is not an offensive problem in New Orleans. This team reminds me of some of Marinos team when I was a kid and they literally had to score just about every possession to have a chance. I'm don't think he wants to leave, but I'm sure he would be the most sought after QB in Free Agency since Manning in 2012.

He doesn't strike me as that guy, but the timing is incredibly coincidental with his surgeries. You definitely have a point.

o-1972-MIAMI-DOLPHINS-570.jpg

Jets win and Steelers lose. I gotta believe Belichick Steve harveyed that OT cause Pittsburgh lost.
Jets are a good team but they aren't Pittsburgh.
Also I love ESPN has circled the wagons behind Peyton. Such a disgrace after they convicted Brady with a lot less. Integrity of the game NFL.

Jets win and Steelers lose. I gotta believe Belichick Steve harveyed that OT cause Pittsburgh lost.
Also I love ESPN has circled the wagons behind Peyton. Such a disgrace after they convicted Brady with a lot less. Integrity of the game NFL.

This Pats team is beat up pretty good right now. They aren't in any sort of position to be dictating who does and doesn't get into the playoffs. They should be more concerned with trying to wrap up the #1 overall seed in the AFC.

so what substance is there against Manning?

This Pats team is beat up pretty good right now. They aren't in any sort of position to be dictating who does and doesn't get into the playoffs. They should be more concerned with trying to wrap up the #1 overall seed in the AFC.
Nobody but Soldier and Lewis is out for the year.
Edelman/Amendola will be back
McCourty/Chung will be back
Vollmer sprained his knee.
If you think the 5-10 Dolphins are going to beat the Pats next week okay. Clipboard Jesus and Hasselback beat them today. NE D > Indy D
Indy gave up 12. Pats are going to beat Miami next week.
Losing this game wasn't bad at all. Jets won this game but the pats were short handed and barely lost.
I swear to god I wanted Pittsburgh out this loss as long NE beats Miami next week and I think they will I hope the Jets get in and Pitt out.

so what substance is there against Manning?
I honestly don't care to discuss with you. I just want Manning to go thru what Brady did. However the media is circling the wagons behind him unlike they did Brady. The NFL let false data stay out to make the Pats and Brady look guilty.
Manning is never going to play again barring an injury to Oswelder so this story means nothing to Denver.

Nobody but Soldier and Lewis is out for the year.
Edelman/Amendola will be back
McCourty/Chung will be back
Vollmer sprained his knee.
If you think the 5-10 Dolphins are going to beat the Pats next week okay. Clipboard Jesus and Hasselback beat them today. NE D > Indy D
Indy gave up 12. Pats are going to beat Miami next week.
Losing this game wasn't bad at all. Jets won this game but the pats were short handed and barely lost.
I swear to god I wanted Pittsburgh out this loss as long NE beats Miami next week and I think they will I hope the Jets get in and Pitt out.

Having those guys back does nothing for their seeding currently. There is zero chance that the Pats tanked a game to try to keep another team out of the playoffs. Asinine.

Having those guys back does nothing for their seeding currently. There is zero chance that the Pats tanked a game to try to keep another team out of the playoffs. Asinine.
I obviously was joking by saying Belichick Steve Harveyed the OT.
I agree they didn't tank as they played to win. I give Jets credit for winning and take absolutely nothing from them winning that game. They earned it. I just prefer them in the playoffs than the Steelers.

I think the Steelers would beat Chiefs/Broncos in the wild card game and be a tough game for NE to beat with how good their offense is. NY Jets could beat those teams but I think the home team would be a slight favorite and that would get NE the Houston-KC winner in the divisional round.

I am not upset one iota that NY won this game while it was a loss it wasn't a backbreaker. NE is beating Miami next week. Miami can't pass block right now and the Pats DL is better than the Indy DL. NE D overall is better than the Indy D.

I think it will be a grind but NE should be fine IMO to be the 1 seed. Avoiding Pittsburgh is honestly my biggest fear right now as a NE fan.

I've never seen the Pats play as conservative as they did today.

The steelers are fools gold. They never beat New England.

The times they got to the super bowl, one year Brady missed the entire season, and the other time they were knocked out by Denver.

They have zero idea how to play defense against New England.

I've never seen the Pats play as conservative as they did today.

The steelers are fools gold. They never beat New England.

The times they got to the super bowl, one year Brady missed the entire season, and the other time they were knocked out by Denver.

They have zero idea how to play defense against New England.
Today was the 3rd loss Pittsburgh has had with Big Ben at QB. They lost @New England, @Seattle, and @Baltimore. I understand your point but the Pitt WRs against NE DBs are a bad matchup.
I just think it would be a shootout and not a game I would like.
Look at the AFC QBs
Brady
McCarron
Osweiler
Weeden
Alex Smith
Fitzpatrick

I would like to not see Rothlisberger in the playoffs he is obviously the best QB not Brady. I get the point though. Jets would be a tough playoff game but I think Steelers would be harder.
If Dalton comes back he could make Cincy scary.

NE just needs to beat Miami and they will be as healthy for the playoff game as they will have been since week 8.

Pats were conservative because the Jets D is good and they didn't have Edelman/Amendola and wanted to reduce possessions because they were weak in the secondary today. If they are healthy they won't be safe but it made sense today. Pats were ready to rollover today but the Collins Defensive TD made it a tight game.

Nassib!!
Ryan Nassib
5 for 5 68 yards 13.6 ypc 1 TD no Int QB rating 158.3. In obviously minimal action, this could help his negotiating position a bit on the free agent market. Not as a starter but as a solid #2 choice.

Ryan Nassib
5 for 5 68 yards 13.6 ypc 1 TD no Int QB rating 158.3. In obviously minimal action, this could help his negotiating position a bit on the free agent market. Not as a starter but as a solid #2 choice.

Not sure completing a few passes in a 49-10 game is going to help his position that much. Would like to see him get a chance somewhere.