2015 NFL season general discussion thread | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

2015 NFL season general discussion thread

It's been a week let it go. Ask the jet fans if they think Ryan coached teams are undisciplined and hot headed.

Keep your tin foil hats on if you wish but at least wait for more evidence before you keep hammering the narrative.

It's just a game

It's been a week let it go. Ask the jet fans if they think Ryan coached teams are undisciplined and hot headed.

Keep your tin foil hats on if you wish but at least wait for more evidence before you keep hammering the narrative.

It's just a game
We have a lot of evidence. from the Giants game alone you have seen an absurd amount in the past few pages of this thread. You probably don't want to make this a thread where we post the disparity of game changing calls/non-calls that have hurt us lately. We'd be here a while.

Also, the refs are just bad in general. It's becoming unbelievable. Last night had some unreal calls/non-calls as well.

While we're at it OBJ was fined $9k for throwing punches.

Jerry Hughes was fined $22k for abusive language towards the refs.

Sounds about right.

Your evidence is based on your one sided opinion, not fact.

there are many reasons teams lose games, a referee conspiracy is not one of them.

Giants/Cowboys there was a horrendous PI call in the end zone that they admitted was wrong. That would have made a difference, but it's that the reason the giants lost? No, bad decisions.

Yankees game the home plate ump was pretty one sided with close calls but is that why the yanks couldn't hit? No.

The Detroit game, that poor call at the end had a huge impact but teams cannot put themselves in a position to lose on one play. Granted we don't have a ton of lions fans here, but those who are here haven't started a conspiracy theme and they have been screwed more the past few years with bad calls in key positions than anyone.

All I'm saying is there has been poor officiating running rampant in the NFL, it's just not a bills conspiracy.

Your evidence is based on your one sided opinion, not fact.

there are many reasons teams lose games, a referee conspiracy is not one of them.

Giants/Cowboys there was a horrendous PI call in the end zone that they admitted was wrong. That would have made a difference, but it's that the reason the giants lost? No, bad decisions.

Yankees game the home plate ump was pretty one sided with close calls but is that why the yanks couldn't hit? No.

The Detroit game, that poor call at the end had a huge impact but teams cannot put themselves in a position to lose on one play. Granted we don't have a ton of lions fans here, but those who are here haven't started a conspiracy theme and they have been screwed more the past few years with bad calls in key positions than anyone.

All I'm saying is there has been poor officiating running rampant in the NFL, it's just not a bills conspiracy.
When we start getting multiple calls per game that go our way while our opponent keeps getting screwed over, I'll agree with you.

Refs are bad everywhere but my small market Bills seem to be bearing the brunt of it lately.

That Giants game was out of control and it keeps getting worse as the week goes on and more and more evidence gets brought up. Inside the NFL did a segment and found 6 wrong calls in the game...they all went against Buffalo.

We like facts over biased narratives but we're going with Jet fans opinion over where they actually ranked in penalties. Got it.

That's the Bills fault

I thought from the beginning they should have reviewed. What to lose? A timeout or a challenge you won't need if it's a two TD game?

Actually, that might be a solution to the NFLs obvious bias problem: The Bills are afforded 6 challenges since turn blind and dumb when they show up to red their games.

You can't challenge that play. All touchdowns are reviewed by the officials; the officials apparently just didn't bother to check to see if he stepped out.

AFC East update
Patriots played poorly and beat the deflated Cowboys 30-6.
Bills gutted out a 14-13 win over Titans.

I didn't watch much of the Bills game as I was watching Bengals-Seahawks. So what happened. I saw the final TD drive down 7-13 late in the 4th.

This week
Patriots at Colts. LAY WHATEVER THE POINTS ARE
Redskins at Jets
Bengals at Bills
Dolphins at Titans

Jets/Bills 2nd place finisher still should be a playoff team.

AFC West after Broncos sucks now with the Chiefs losing Charles
AFC South waste of a division
AFC North Baltimore and Cleveland suck and Pittsburgh will struggle without Ben.

AFC East could get 3 playoff teams if both NYJ/BUF win 10 games.

Who would've thought Seattle would have a pass d problem? Weird.
AFC West more of the same. Manning still has NEVER lost a division road game in a Bronco uniform. D saved his arse again, and is on historic pace. SD will be heard from as usual after a rough start will get a lot better as season goes on, especially after getting a major weapon back today. The Chefs are what everyone always knows they are. A team that has high expectations at the beginning and don't do anything down the road, with Charles out cancel Christmas. The Raiders, well they're still the Raiders

I don't see the Bills and Jets both winning 10. I think the best case scenario for the Jets is 9 and expect them to not reach that. I doubt the Bills hit 10 either, but we'll see. Yesterday was just a rough game. They really need their playmakers back. Taylor was really struggling until he put it together down the stretch.

Big opportunity this week though. Beating the Bengals would be a statement win, and with Dalton's tendency to hold onto the ball to let plays develop down the field, the defensive line could have a chance to make their presence known. They really need to get Sammy/McCoy/Karlos back though.

And man... I feel so bad for the Chiefs.

At any rate, like you said, this does open the door for a really weak 2nd wild card team potentially. I think it will end up being one AFC East team and the Steelers getting the two wild card spots unless the Chiefs adapt to life without Charles much better than expected.

I was all over NE -8 vs. a Weeden team with zero homefield advantage. But -7.5 if Luck is healthy I think is inflated. The "they mad" storyline is already old; they always play mad.

Ya the Bills definitely need those skill guys back. Good news is it sounds like Watkins will be. Also playing a team after Seattle as opposed to extra rest for once could be a plus.

I was all over NE -8 vs. a Weeden team with zero homefield advantage. But -7.5 if Luck is healthy I think is inflated. The "they mad" storyline is already old; they always play mad.

Ya the Bills definitely need those skill guys back. Good news is it sounds like Watkins will be. Also playing a team after Seattle as opposed to extra rest for once could be a plus.

I wish the Bills well this week against the Bengals. In the battle for HFA I want to see the Bengals lose a game and give a cushion. I expect NE to be 13-3 or 14-2.

Patriots score 40 plus this week. The Cowboys DL played insane in the first half to keep that game close. Second half NE scored every possession but one 4th and 1 drive after a turnover. The Cowboys just ate up over 15 minutes on two drives that resulted in just 3 points in the 2nd half to keep the possessions down in the game.

NE D isn't as bad as people think without Revis. It is not as good in the back 4 as last year but the front 7 is underrated with the depth they can rotate. If Luck plays and he holds the ball a lot longer than Hasselback has his 2 games the Pats will hit him. Colts D is not going to do what the Dallas D did.

If the line is only -7.5 wow Vegas really is giving money away. At worst I would say something like 41-31. Last 4 times NE-Indy have played w/Luck 2012 59-24, 2013 43-22, 2014 42-20, 45-7. Colts have played awful this year and the Pats have been played well. Sorry but -7.5 is crazy with the pissed off attitude and weak DL the Colts have.

I have no clue how we look so bad these past few games, on offense, until midway through the 3rd quarter. Then from midway through the 3rd until the end of the game Tyrod Taylor balls out like clockwork.

I know we're missing a lot of firepower on offense right now with McCoy, Watkins and Williams out but I also feel Roman's play calling is leaving much to be desired.

I have no clue how we look so bad these past few games, on offense, until midway through the 3rd quarter. Then from midway through the 3rd until the end of the game Tyrod Taylor balls out like clockwork.

I know we're missing a lot of firepower on offense right now with McCoy, Watkins and Williams out but I also feel Roman's play calling is leaving much to be desired.

It doesn't help that Tyrod was having some serious struggles with his accuracy these last two games. He's been struggling to even complete the conservative dump-offs.

It doesn't help that Tyrod was having some serious struggles with his accuracy these last two games. He's been struggling to even complete the conservative dump-offs.
This is true. He's been missing some throws he hit with regularity the first 3 weeks.

I think Watkins/McCoy being out is the worst case scenario for this offense. Watkins allows the other guys who are not #1 WR's but all are playmaking #2's to be able to kill single coverage along with Clay.

McCoy forces teams to respect his playmaking ability out of the backfield via hand off or pass.

Karlos beasts as a change of pace from McCoy.

Get Watkins back and I think we have a decent shot at beating Cinci however we seem to fall flat on our face anytime we have the chance to get a season defining W at home lately.

Interestingly, Vegas has this game even.

This is true. He's been missing some throws he hit with regularity the first 3 weeks.

I think Watkins/McCoy being out is the worst case scenario for this offense. Watkins allows the other guys who are not #1 WR's but all are playmaking #2's to be able to kill single coverage along with Clay.

McCoy forces teams to respect his playmaking ability out of the backfield via hand off or pass.

Karlos beasts as a change of pace from McCoy.

Get Watkins back and I think we have a decent shot at beating Cinci however we seem to fall flat on our face anytime we have the chance to get a season defining W at home lately.

Interestingly, Vegas has this game even.

Agreed. The one reason I'm more optimistic about this game is:

1. I'm going to the game and it would be depressing to expect a loss :D
2. A big part of the Cinci offense is Dalton hanging onto the ball to let things develop down the field, and that plays into Buffalo's strength of getting pressure on him before he can make those passes. We'll see though. Green/Jones/Eifert/Bernard/Hill gives Cinci a lot of playmakers in their own right; it's going to be tough to keep them all contained.
3. I think their defense is very beatable.

Agreed. The one reason I'm more optimistic about this game is:

1. I'm going to the game and it would be depressing to expect a loss :D
2. A big part of the Cinci offense is Dalton hanging onto the ball to let things develop down the field, and that plays into Buffalo's strength of getting pressure on him before he can make those passes. We'll see though. Green/Jones/Eifert/Bernard/Hill gives Cinci a lot of playmakers in their own right; it's going to be tough to keep them all contained.
3. I think their defense is very beatable.
Is that true though? I read somewhere that Dalton has the second quickest release in the NFL?

We definitely need Watkins back and/or Roman to chill with the vanilla play calling until desperation time.

Optimistic as well though. We're missing our Top 3 Offensive weapons in Watkins, McCoy and Williams. Take away Gronk, Edelman and Lewis and even Tom Brady and the offensive machine might struggle.

Is that true though? I read somewhere that Dalton has the second quickest release in the NFL?

We definitely need Watkins back and/or Roman to chill with the vanilla play calling until desperation time.

Optimistic as well though. We're missing our Top 3 Offensive weapons in Watkins, McCoy and Williams. Take away Gronk, Edelman and Lewis and even Tom Brady and the offensive machine might struggle.

I'm not sure; I haven't watched too much of them this year but in the past (and in the highlights this year), it seems like a lot of holding onto the ball and throwing deep like Luck.

Melancer46 said:
You can't challenge that play. All touchdowns are reviewed by the officials; the officials apparently just didn't bother to check to see if he stepped out.

You're right

I realized that after I typed it but didn't want to be too much of a zealot

Of corse the impartial NFL replay officials would miss that

Bills are miraculously good at not committing penalties against non tent-pole franchises

Amazing

You're right

I realized that after I typed it but didn't want to be too much of a zealot

Of corse the impartial NFL replay officials would miss that

Bills are miraculously good at not committing penalties against non tent-pole franchises

Amazing
Haha, right!? Must've been the "Yes Sir" bracelets ;)

Btw, move the Chargers already... This is embarrassing. Steelers home game in San Diego.

Shut your mouth! Oh Lord

San Diego Supercharged!

It just wouldn't sound right as "Los Angeles Supercharged...." Blah.

Poor Rivers......Chargers OL is nonexistent. Wow.

If that 18 second runoff happened at Foxboro it would be all over ESPN. What a joke organization ESPN has become for the NFL.
The NFL is declining comment on the obvious error by the time keeper.