2015 NFL season general discussion thread | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

2015 NFL season general discussion thread

I just looked at the Jets schedule if they split with NE, BUF, and split Dal/NYG games they should go 11-5.
They get NE at home week 16 when NE will probably rest Gronk unless Den/Cin are on their heels.

The AFC wild cards are coming from BUF, NYJ, PIT IMO.
The AFC South isn't getting a wild card. Cleveland and Baltimore have really tough schedules and KC/SD/Oak all suck.

Two years ago Goodwin caught long TD's from three different QBs vs. three elite defenses. Last year he made the only play on offense all day to beat Detroit. We don't have an efficient short passing game or a good running game. Who cares if it's picked off 40 yards downfield. Refs sometimes throw cheap PI flags. When he is healthy it should be a mandate to chuck it deep to him once or twice per half.

I'm honestly a bit excited to see EJ (assuming Tyrod can't go). I love what Tyrod has done so far, but I really liked what I saw from EJ in the preseason. And I'm glad it won't be Cassel starting in his place. We've basically seen what the offense would look like with Cassel at the helm. That first half of the Patriots game when all Tyrod did was check it down for 3 and outs; that's the Cassel offense. EJ can simply do more things on the football field than Cassel can.

That's exactly my issue with Cassel in the preseason - check it down for 3 and outs. I get he might not want to make mistakes, but you still have to try to get something accomplished also.

Also, I was really encouraged from what I saw from EJ in the preseason also. Even if it's only preseason, he still looked much better and more confident to me than he had so far in his career.

Last edited:
I just looked at the Jets schedule if they split with NE, BUF, and split Dal/NYG games they should go 11-5.
They get NE at home week 16 when NE will probably rest Gronk unless Den/Cin are on their heels.

The AFC wild cards are coming from BUF, NYJ, PIT IMO.
The AFC South isn't getting a wild card. Cleveland and Baltimore have really tough schedules and KC/SD/Oak all suck.

My guess on the Jets rest of the schedule:

Wins:
vs. Washington
vs. Jaguars
@ Texans
vs. Titans

Losses:
@ Patriots
vs. Patriots
@ Bills
@ Giants
@ Cowboys

Either/Or:
@ Raiders
vs. Bills
vs. Dolphins

I think that would make their range 7-10 wins.

I think Pitt will get a wild card spot and the last spot will come down to Buffalo, NYJ or possible one of those AFC West teams, though it's not looking good for them right now.

My guess on the Jets rest of the schedule:

Wins:
vs. Washington
vs. Jaguars
@ Texans
vs. Titans

Losses:
@ Patriots
vs. Patriots
@ Bills
@ Giants
@ Cowboys

Either/Or:
@ Raiders
vs. Bills
vs. Dolphins

I think that would make their range 7-10 wins.

I think Pitt will get a wild card spot and the last spot will come down to Buffalo, NYJ or possible one of those AFC West teams, though it's not looking good for them right now.
I think the Jets split with the Pats and Bills and I agree at Oak is tricky. Also don't count them out against Dallas if the Cowboys are out of it by the time Romo is healthy and he sits the rest of the year out.
I think the Jets are going to the playoffs.

I swear if Fitz doesn't start imploding soon, I'm going to get annoyed. This is about the time he fell apart in Buffalo so I'm waiting for that to happen in NY any day now...

Wow.. Who knows what to expect this Sunday..

Peter Schrager ‏@PSchrags 2m2 minutes ago
Tyrod Taylor may be out Sunday, but I'm told there's a good chance both LeSean McCoy and Sammy Watkins back in the lineup. Bills hope so.

I swear if Fitz doesn't start imploding soon, I'm going to get annoyed. This is about the time he fell apart in Buffalo so I'm waiting for that to happen in NY any day now...

He's already been imploding. It just hasn't mattered because Ivory has been a god-send. For example, he was the lowest rated QB in the league in their last game when they beat Miami by 13 or whatever they won by.

He's already been imploding. It just hasn't mattered because Ivory has been a god-send. For example, he was the lowest rated QB in the league in their last game when they beat Miami by 13 or whatever they won by.
They've also had an unbelievably easy schedule so far.

What is going on in Buffalo right now? Smokescreen of all smokescreens or what??

@TyDunne: First snap of the first period and Tyrod Taylor, LeSean McCoy and Sammy Watkins are all in with the first unit

They've also had an unbelievably easy schedule so far.
Jets are getting back Sheldon Richardson. The Jets D is complete and probably the best if not Denver in the NFL. There DL is deep, a stud MLB, and Revis/Cromartie are good CBs.

Jets schedule is going to be easy all year long with them playing Raiders/Cleveland/AFC North/NFC East.

longislandcuse said:

I think the Jets have to give him a $60 million contract before he does that

Not only do I want Shafer fired but now I get to have serious doubts about Rex too. Some how took a Top Defense and made them an absolute joke. Not sure how that happens but we look like a pee-wee defense against any QB with a pulse.

Schwartz did a good job last year. Mr. I want to build a Bully hasn't done well. Miami and New York look good today. I am shocked how easily the Bengals are carving up the Bills D.

BTW all the penalities have been legit today. The only questionable was the 15 yd face mask on the pun but the Bills gunner did grab the mask.

Not only do I want Shafer fired but now I get to have serious doubts about Rex too. Some how took a Top Defense and made them an absolute joke. Not sure how that happens but we look like a pee-wee defense against any QB with a pulse.

Yeah sucky football weekend. I didn't know if we had enough to beat Cincinnati until I saw how EJ did. But I expected it to at least be a game playing at the Ralph. Very disappointing.

Missed call on Offensive PI that gave the Bengals a TD but doesn't even matter, they TD was given up when Marvin freakin Jones schooled 2 Buffalo db's including Gilmore. We don't hold for FGs against good teams so they would've eventually scored anyway.

Offense is destroyed by injuries but this defense is a dumpster Fire and Rex needs to answer for it.

Shocking. Bills can't stop Bengals in a must stop situation. Rex has the bye to figure this ish out or I'm done with his all-talk a$$.

Missed call on Offensive PI that gave the Bengals a TD but doesn't even matter, they TD was given up when Marvin freakin Jones schooled 2 Buffalo db's including Gilmore. We don't hold for FGs against good teams so they would've eventually scored anyway.

Offense is destroyed by injuries but this defense is a dumpster Fire and Rex needs to answer for it.

I'm only listening on the internet and catching highlights on Red Zone. Would it be fair to say EJ has been serviceable but Taylor still definitely the best option due to the running aspect? Completion percentage is pretty solid but not a huge average yardage per pass. Based on the EJ's stats, I'm still not losing sleep over letting Cassel go.

I'm only listening on the internet and catching highlights on Red Zone. Would it be fair to say EJ has been serviceable but Taylor still definitely the best option due to the running aspect? Completion percentage is pretty solid but not a huge average yardage per pass. Based on the EJ's stats, I'm still not losing sleep over letting Cassel go.
EJ wasn't good, wasn't bad. Was what you'd expect to get from a decent backup.

This game, as was NE, is on the defense.

EJ wasn't good, wasn't bad. Was what you'd expect to get from a decent backup.

This game, as was NE, is on the defense.

At least Shady seems to be having a solid game. And of course Watkins got injured...again. Stay in the game and you might get your ten targets Sammy!

Taylor is your QB. Manuel has been slow making reads. In the 3rd quarter the Bengals flooded the middle of the field and his first read struggled. The Watkins TD drive he looked good but he was feeding Watkins and when he got hurt with no Harvin as well the Bills don't have that many WRs left. Your backup TE is getting a lot of run.

EJ Manuel will be on another team next year.

At least Shady seems to having a solid game. And of course Watkins got injured...again. Stay in the game and you might get your ten targets Sammy!
This injury bug on offense is really getting old quick. Not many teams could overcome, on offense, what we're going through rn but that's when a great defense is supposed to pick you up. They have done the opposite of that.

Beat Jax or Rex's job should be in jeopardy. The defense is an absolute joke against an above average QB and I have no clue what our defensive philosophy is. No pass rush, no blitzing and Cornerbacks playing 10 feet off the WRs, mix that in with a defense that allows TDs with no resistance in the red zone and that's a bad mix.

Denver has to be ugliest 6-0 ever. Their O is awful. Manning has been bad and their D just picks him up each week. If Denver had this D the past 2 years they could have won a SB with Manning be good. However he just looks bad passing the bad.

If any offense score 21 on Denver's D and doesn't give up a defensive TD I think Denver loses.

Denver O did exactly what they should've, pound the rock, and had a back get over 100 yds finally today. That was the most important thing to improve on the team. 2 wr's over 100 yds, and if DT had any hands he would've had over 150. Last week DT drops one that hit him in both hands in the back of the endzone, and today a game winning 30+ yarder that couldn't have been an easier catch with NO ONE around him.

Manning looked as comfortable as he has so far this season. The 75 yd td to Sanders was a perfect long pass. Amazing what a run game can do. And an Oline that gave up 0 sacks. Yes, he had the pick 6 and 2 other ints. One was not his fault at all. It wasn't pretty and he'll never be what he was, but watching every second of every game, I'm feeling a lot better with the O and we've made big improvements. Other people namely DT better get their shyt together, he just signed a huge new contract and hasn't lived up to it at all. It's not all Manning.

Got a much needed bye week this week and then the meat of our schedule. Looking forward for our D to play Rodgers, Luck, Brady, Dalton, big Ben, etc.

Denver O did exactly what they should've, pound the rock, and had a back get over 100 yds finally today. That was the most important thing to improve on the team. 2 wr's over 100 yds, and if DT had any hands he would've had over 150. Last week DT drops one that hit him in both hands in the back of the endzone, and today a game winning 30+ yarder that couldn't have been an easier catch with NO ONE around him.

Manning looked as comfortable as he has so far this season. The 75 yd td to Sanders was a perfect long pass. Amazing what a run game can do. And an Oline that gave up 0 sacks. Yes, he had the pick 6 and 2 other ints. One was not his fault at all. It wasn't pretty and he'll never be what he was, but watching every second of every game, I'm feeling a lot better with the O and we've made big improvements. Other people namely DT better get their shyt together, he just signed a huge new contract and hasn't lived up to it at all. It's not all Manning.

Got a much needed bye week this week and then the meat of our schedule. Looking forward for our D to play Rodgers, Luck, Brady, Dalton, big Ben, etc.
Looking forward to seeing Denvers Defense against Brady and Dalton as well. Quick release QBs are destroying the league and it seems no one can stop it. We know Buffalo can't.