2016-17 Coaching Carousel | Page 30 | Syracusefan.com

2016-17 Coaching Carousel

Go read about the Doug Whaley press conference on deadspin. The bills are a mess.
Saint Doug knew what he was running from.
That PC will be used by Douglas to explain why he left Buffalo.
Kim Pegula needs to relax and hire people she trusts and then let them do their job.

Wake Forest: Sources tell FootballScoop Wake Forest special teams coordinator / tight ends coach Adam Scheier will not return. Scheier had served as Dave Clawson’s special teams / tight ends since the 2009 season at Bowling Green.

Saint Doug knew what he was running from.
That PC will be used by Douglas to explain why he left Buffalo.
Kim Pegula needs to relax and hire people she trusts and then let them do their job.

Marrone may have figured what he would have with the new owner or didn't know at all what he would have.

So, the thought that you don't work for somebody you don't know and who didn't hire you, is logical.

I hope Doug gets a HC position - I have little doubt that he will do well.

They are awfully sure he's good. I don't think anyone else thinks he is that good outside of CousCous and his wife.
Maybe WF believes he's as good as they can get and want to retain him.

Dino to Minnesota!!
First.

Anyway I think this has to be PJ Fleck's job to lose unless he wants to stay at Western and wait for another job.

I would pass if I were him.

I would pass if I were him.
Dino, or PJ? ;)

Actually, (disclaimer - I have no idea who MN returns next year) taking a B1G job with a team that went 9-4 the previous year coming from WMU is not a bad jump.

Dino, or PJ? ;)

Actually, (disclaimer - I have no idea who MN returns next year) taking a B1G job with a team that went 9-4 the previous year coming from WMU is not a bad jump.

Well both, don't think Dino would even consider Minn, I was just talking about Fleck, if he has another big year, he could get a much better job.

Well both, don't think Dino would even consider Minn, I was just talking about Fleck, if he has another big year, he could get a much better job.
Gotta take that B1G money while you can. Parlay that into a better job. A bad season next year and another chance like this may not come.

EDIT: maybe he'd better think about another job after all

Last edited:

There's a reason why he's still at WMU. Don't think his schtick would go over very well with Mr. Coyle.

haven't followed Taggart too much to see what he's doing but I think this is the second florida recruiter he's after. Cristobal seems like a solid coach but i wonder how Taggart is going to do trying to get Florida kids to Oregon. That's a long way.

haven't followed Taggart too much to see what he's doing but I think this is the second florida recruiter he's after. Cristobal seems like a solid coach but i wonder how Taggart is going to do trying to get Florida kids to Oregon. That's a long way.
Don't know much about Taggart's hires, but he needs guys with California connections.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom