2016-17 Coaching Carousel | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

2016-17 Coaching Carousel

Unless Oregon and Phil Knight decide to join the party.

I think I read somewhere that Oregon did approach Hermann and that he declined.

6mm per year is just dumb. its Out of whack for a guy who has only coached in the minor league so far. How can one build a staff w that going to HC.

Interestingly, Hermann is currently making $2.8M at Houston and UH offered him a 7 figure raise. Assuming that was another $1M, he's making close to $4M at a G5 school! By far, the highest paid G5 coach. A 50% raise isn't unusual at that high of level. I think Hermann, though, is more interested in keeping boosters out of the programs decisions. That is a hard sell at both LSU and Texas.

upload_2016-11-26_10-35-50.png

A lot of eastern schools will be salivating over Charlie Strong. If BC were smart they'd fire Addazio right now. I wonder if Cincinnati could swing buying out Tuberville ($2 mil) and hiring Strong.

A lot of eastern schools will be salivating over Charlie Strong. If BC were smart they'd fire Addazio right now. I wonder if Cincinnati could swing buying out Tuberville ($2 mil) and hiring Strong.

I could see him at UNC if/when Fedora leaves

#1 Art Briles - Baylor
#2 Ron Turner - FIU (Butch Davis)
#3 Les Miles - LSU (Coach O)
#4 Darrell Hazell - Purdue
#5 Tim DeRuyter - Fresno St. (Jeff Tedford)
#6 Trent Miles - Georgia St.
#7 Charlie Strong - Texas

Agreed. He gets 10 mil to not coach though. Wonder if he will take a year off.

Yeah, he's not staying unemployed for long, unless he wants a year off.

Strong will not consider a G-5 program. Might just sit out a year and jump early at a Southern school next year.

Kravitz is one of the deflategate guys so take it fwiw.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom