2016 Mets | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

2016 Mets

The idea that hitting home runs is a bad thing, or something to worry about, is one that I always enjoy.

They aren't going to hit 4 homers a game. But they have a lineup full of good hitters and they're gonna score a lot of runs this year.

I agree with all of those points, but you get to face an awful Phillies bullpen for 6 innings last night, and we couldn't do anything against them.

Another bad outing for Harvey, I wonder what is going on.

I think the stuff was a little better at least. 5 strikeouts, just 1 walk. Still not as crisp as he usually is though, but the swinging strike% was his highest of the year, but still behind every other season of his career

Another bad outing for Harvey, I wonder what is going on.
2 runs in 5 innings is bad.
he had a perfect game agains clev. going into the 5th

he leads the league soft base hits allowed, 7 hits yesterday and 4 were blooper or swinging bunts. Cespedas save him, but if Lagares had been playing the guy would have been out before he got on base to be thrown out a the plate

his control is the issue and he didnt throw enough in the Spring with the other issues, he looks a bit out of shape to me

much like Matz who has had 1 bad inning but 15-16 really good ones.

upperdeck said:

he leads the league soft base hits allowed, 7 hits yesterday and 4 were blooper or swinging bunts. Cespedas save him, but if Lagares had been playing the guy would have been out before he got on base to be thrown out a the plate

his control is the issue and he didnt throw enough in the Spring with the other issues, he looks a bit out of shape to me

i agree his command is the issue. hes usually able to paint the corners at the knees with his fastball but everything is up right now. if he faced a good lineup last nite he would have got knocked out earlier. i think he'll be fine but ive changed my tune that hes the best of the 4.

He gave up a lot of hits last night, and Cespedes bailed him out by throwing out a runner at the plate, he didn't pitch well last night.

7 hits and 3-4 came after the big umpire delay which also messed with the atlanta starter. the last couple of hits came when he was out of gas trying to get to 5 innings, but again a swinging bunt and a misplay by cespedes caused that whole inning not how he pitched.

7 hits and 3-4 came after the big umpire delay which also messed with the atlanta starter. the last couple of hits came when he was out of gas trying to get to 5 innings, but again a swinging bunt and a misplay by cespedes caused that whole inning not how he pitched.

Every ball was up, he was better than his last start, but something isn't right with him.

You guys are pretty pessimistic, considering the HR tear the team has been on the past week. SIX in one game alone! No, I don't expect them to keep this torrid pace up. But it does show the majority of the team has the potential to hit the long ball. Do they need to have a more complete game? Perhaps. But it's not an especially speedy lineup. When your stolen base leader is well into his 30s AND has a chronic back injury, that's not a good sign that your team is built for speed. And his stolen base total is two, and the whole team only has four TOTAL, well into the third week of the season. So yeah, home runs will be very important to this particular iteration of the Mets.

As for the pitching, if Harvey is the fourth or fifth best on the team, it means the other pitchers are doing a helluva good job! Which they are. DeGrom is just fine today, second start after a long layoff, and his replacement Verrett had an ERA of 1.08 as a starter.

If we keep the lead today we will be 10-7 after a really bad start. I'm not unhappy with that.

You guys are pretty pessimistic, considering the HR tear the team has been on the past week. SIX in one game alone! No, I don't expect them to keep this torrid pace up. But it does show the majority of the team has the potential to hit the long ball. Do they need to have a more complete game? Perhaps. But it's not an especially speedy lineup. When your stolen base leader is well into his 30s AND has a chronic back injury, that's not a good sign that your team is built for speed. And his stolen base total is two, and the whole team only has four TOTAL, well into the third week of the season. So yeah, home runs will be very important to this particular iteration of the Mets.

As for the pitching, if Harvey is the fourth or fifth best on the team, it means the other pitchers are doing a helluva good job! Which they are. DeGrom is just fine today, second start after a long layoff, and his replacement Verrett had an ERA of 1.08 as a starter.

If we keep the lead today we will be 10-7 after a really bad start. I'm not unhappy with that.

I'm not pessimistic, I like what I have seen for the most part, I am just a little worried about Harvey, he has not pitched well.

Harvey worries me a little. The velocity isn't that far down, but he's definitely not as sharp as he usually is, and he's not getting the swings and misses.

Familia also, he's been down a little. Think it's a very good team though

Harvey worries me a little. The velocity isn't that far down, but he's definitely not as sharp as he usually is, and he's not getting the swings and misses.

Familia also, he's been down a little. Think it's a very good team though

I wonder if it has something to do with all the innings these young kids threw last year.

I wonder if it has something to do with all the innings these young kids threw last year.

It's the easy conclusion to draw and I would imagine there's at least something to it.

Let's hope they throw as many this year

It's the easy conclusion to draw and I would imagine there's at least something to it.

Let's hope they throw as many this year

Well with Logan Verret pitching as well as he has, and Wheeler coming back they can def go to a 6 man rotation, or skip some starts with guys.

nats gonna sweep the cards on the road, impressive. didnt expect to lose any ground this wkend.

Nats now winning first game in St. Louis. Man, what a great start for them

nats gonna sweep the cards on the road, impressive. didnt expect to lose any ground this wkend.

I don't know how you argue with those idiots on the Mets forum. Terry is a moron and should have been fired after the WS disaster.

I don't know how you argue with those idiots on the Mets forum. Terry is a moron and should have been fired after the WS disaster.

What Mets forum do you go to?

mlb.com

If there's another I would be very interested. The MLB one is like syracuse.com

mlb.com

If there's another I would be very interested. The MLB one is like syracuse.com

I didn't even know there was one on mlb.com. I used to post on the Prosportsdaily mets forum, haven't really in a while.

Man when the Mets are hot they are scorching but when they are not it is UGLY... 17 innings and counting without a run.

I wonder if they need to put Harvey on the DL or something... he just isn't right. Between Harvey, DeGrom and Familia I really am starting to wonder if they have dead arms from being over used last year. Hopefully the velocity comes back this summer.

Darling's analysis of Harvey was very astute for those who missed it... he's pitching with two pitches, a fastball and slider and he has zero control of that slider. On top of that the fastball has last its bite and seems to have zero action and Harvey can't throw a breaking ball or curve to save his life. So he's gone from a 4 pitch pitcher to a 1.5 pitch pitcher and that's not going to work because 3rd time through the line up (6th inning ding ding ding) the hitters will sit on the fastball. Harvey needs to go back to Florida to find his pitches.

Man when the Mets are hot they are scorching but when they are not it is UGLY... 17 innings and counting without a run.

I wonder if they need to put Harvey on the DL or something... he just isn't right. Between Harvey, DeGrom and Familia I really am starting to wonder if they have dead arms from being over used last year. Hopefully the velocity comes back this summer.

Darling's analysis of Harvey was very astute for those who missed it... he's pitching with two pitches, a fastball and slider and he has zero control of that slider. On top of that the fastball has last its bite and seems to have zero action and Harvey can't throw a breaking ball or curve to save his life. So he's gone from a 4 pitch pitcher to a 1.5 pitch pitcher and that's not going to work because 3rd time through the line up (6th inning ding ding ding) the hitters will sit on the fastball. Harvey needs to go back to Florida to find his pitches.

I am starting to get concerned about Harvey, he just isn't right, the Braves are a horrible offensive team, and they hit him around tonight. Maybe skipping him a start in the rotation might be helpful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom