2016 Mets | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

2016 Mets

Sounds like Reyes is looking at least a 60 game suspension

I wish i had an easy way to watch the game, but games on WPIX are blacked out on the MLB package and no other way to see them thats easy
You are missing my point. Even if you couldn't see the game or listen on the radio, you can keep track of a game via ESPN or CBS or MLB online, even get play by play action. And most of the Mets "fans" here probably watched the game that Colon hit the home run or heard about it. Yet no one at all commented till I did a day later. Why is that?

You are missing my point. Even if you couldn't see the game or listen on the radio, you can keep track of a game via ESPN or CBS or MLB online, even get play by play action. And most of the Mets "fans" here probably watched the game that Colon hit the home run or heard about it. Yet no one at all commented till I did a day later. Why is that?

If anyone cares that was one of my favorite met moments of all time. I have group texts and stuff like that for more of the within game chatting

Because it happened on a saturday night.

it didnt make espn top 10, so most didnt know it happened.. its not like people read the paper and find out stuff any more

it didnt make espn top 10, so most didnt know it happened.. its not like people read the paper and find out stuff any more

that can't actually be true, right? It should have been each of the top 10

Maybe the Mers fans here go out Saturday night rather than watch the game. But I'll bet few don't have smart phones that let them track the scores and also see how the runs were scored. Or that they didn't check out the score when they got home at some point that night. Maybe even watch the game or some of it if they dvr'd it and didn't get home late. As I said, the Mets radio announcers said at one point it was the number one trending topic on Twitter so I don't know why it wouldn't be in the top ten on a sports site too. But whatever.

Maybe the Mers fans here go out Saturday night rather than watch the game. But I'll bet few don't have smart phones that let them track the scores and also see how the runs were scored. Or that they didn't check out the score when they got home at some point that night. Maybe even watch the game or some of it if they dvr'd it and didn't get home late. As I said, the Mets radio announcers said at one point it was the number one trending topic on Twitter so I don't know why it wouldn't be in the top ten on a sports site too. But whatever.

It was a great moment, but how many people are watching a Met game on Saturday night in May?

i wasnt home , saw it on BR and watched it later that night. but i dont really look here to post every Mets thought I have..

but in watching the mets yesterday and seeing them Win on a replay review at home that seemed incorrect, and then watching Wash get a call tonight that seemed incorrect i really wish MLB would explain what they see in these calls to make some of the decisions they do.

I'm a HUGE Mets fan, have been since 97', and Colon's Home Run last night was one of the best Met moments of my life not involving the 2015 World Series or Johan Santana on June 1st, 2012.

Gary Cohen's call on TV was amazing. His voice cracked and he almost exploded.
Big Met fan here. I wouldn't put Colon's HR quite as high as you but it was a remarkable achievement and one of the most unlikely things to ever happen in a major league game.

Bartolo is really likable and I think he has played a big role in the development of the young Mets pitchers. Especially Familia. Great chemistry guy. It was a good decision to bring him back for one more year.

Trying not to freak out that Matz is having a start skipped and Thor had his elbow checked out a few weeks back

Harvey is scheduled to pitch tonight. I haven't liked the way he has looked since last year. I thought he was much less the dominate pitcher than he was before his surgery. Not nearly as consistent. I know it can take time to fully recover from that surgery.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him hit the disabled list in the near future. Something is not right.

Hope tonight is more encouraging.

Harvey is scheduled to pitch tonight. I haven't liked the way he has looked since last year. I thought he was much less the dominate pitcher than he was before his surgery. Not nearly as consistent. I know it can take time to fully recover from that surgery.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him hit the disabled list in the near future. Something is not right.

Colon is pitching tonight, Harvey is pitching tomorrow in Colorado.

Colon is pitching tonight, Harvey is pitching tomorrow in Colorado.

Thanks...I checked the schedule earlier this afternoon and saw Harvey was scheduled for tomorrow...then my brain fell asleep.

Thanks...I checked the schedule earlier this afternoon and saw Harvey was scheduled for tomorrow...then my brain fell asleep.

It will be a tough task tomorrow for Matt, very good lineup in a great hitting park.

How about Thor tonight, hits two home runs and pitches 8 great innings, what a night.
Yup. The radio announcers said quite a few pitchers in the NL are batting quite well by normal standards. Unless TC thinks they might get injured, it would be a good idea to have a starting pitcher who isn't due to start the next day be a PH instead of some of the sub par hitting bench players.

Harvey was awesome last year. Before he got hurt he was pretty much the best pitcher in baseball, right there with Kershaw, so it's kind of hard to expect anyone to consistently hit this level. This year he's been much more shaky though. The last start was pretty good though

How about Thor tonight, hits two home runs and pitches 8 great innings, what a night.
I think Thor tied Walt Terrel's record for most home runs by a Mets pitcher in one game. And Josh Lewin added it was Walt's birthday and Howie went bananas! 366 to one odds of that happening (in a leap year like 2016)

Yup. The radio announcers said quite a few pitchers in the NL are batting quite well by normal standards. Unless TC thinks they might get injured, it would be a good idea to have a starting pitcher who isn't due to start the next day be a PH instead of some of the sub par hitting bench players.
I think Howie Rose might have mentioned Collins' theory of letting starting pitchers pinch hit. He will NOT do it the day after they pitch because their arms are sore - just naturally fatigued - and he won't risk an injury. He didn't mention not hitting prior to a start

The Mets pitchers have hit some homers, but come on, they aren't better hitters than the guys we have on the bench. And I hate Eric Campbell

The Mets pitchers have hit some homers, but come on, they aren't better hitters than the guys we have on the bench. And I hate Eric Campbell

I don't understand why the guy is still on the roster, he is awful, and we have to keep seeing him.

stick a fork in david wright. hes done.

You clearly don't watch much baseball. He's got an on base % of .375, which is really good. His OPS is close to .800. He's obviously not hitting for power right now and his back condition has caused him to have some holes in his swing, which accounts for the fact that he's striking out or walking in over 50% of his plate appearances.

To get close to 100 game from him, and 20HRs would be exceptional at this stage of his career.

He's far from done. He's still in the top 10 of 3B men in his league. He's certainly more than league average just not elite anymore.

HakAttack said:
You clearly don't watch much baseball. He's got an on base % of .375, which is really good. His OPS is close to .800. He's obviously not hitting for power right now and his back condition has caused him to have some holes in his swing, which accounts for the fact that he's striking out or walking in over 50% of his plate appearances.

To get close to 100 game from him, and 20HRs would be exceptional at this stage of his career.

He's far from done. He's still in the top 10 of 3B men in his league. He's certainly more than league average just not elite anymore.

just watch him play. hes a shell of himself. same in the field. he wont come close to 20 hrs. ive always been a huge wright fan, its sad to watch him now. just cause hes managing to get his walks doesnt overcome everything else. .223 avg 8 rbis and 42 ks, come on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom