2016 Yankees | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

2016 Yankees

sabathia and possibly tanakas contracts will be off the books next year.

same with Arod.

they will have plenty of $$ to spread around...

Agreed...but this isn't pop's team anymore...the kids have it and they are a lot more thrifty than dad was...have heard that Harper could command anywhere from $400-$500M...not sure if the kids are going to spend that much on one player...and with Sabathia an may Tanaka's contract coming off the books, they will need to replace those two...not sure if the farm system has those arms...

depends on what we can get for chapman and beltran, whom I believe are the only assets worth something to teams at the deadline.

and I don't see the Yanks getting anyone to help, maybe a starter/long man on the cheap.

as for prospects, they would need to get AA-AAA players ready to play next year.

not in 3-4 years...next year.

if teams aren't ready to do that, then lets keep everyone & make a run for it...and keep others out of October.

somebody help me out...when will Harper be a Yankee??

2017??
2018??

I'd throw Miller on that list. At 2.5 years and $22.5M left ($9M annually), 31 years old, and unhittable stats the past 3 years (including proof that he can close games), I'd guess the Yankees field a lot of phone calls.

Mill
I'd throw Miller on that list. At 2.5 years and $22.5M left ($9M annually), 31 years old, and unhittable stats the past 3 years (including proof that he can close games), I'd guess the Yankees field a lot of phone calls.
Miller is the guy who could bring back multiple high-end, major league-ready prospects. You could go down that road and still compete for a post-season spot this season then decide on whether to commit to Chapman beyond this year or look to bring in a cheaper alternative to pair with Betances. I like Miller a lot, but his value will never be higher for all the reasons you state, so I would seriously consider offers for him to help reload for the long-term.

im dead serious.

I expect real October baseball this year.
Not from the Yankees! right?When Tex comes back I don't think he will revive his batting being away from the job for as long as he has been.

Cali already traded Pineda last night night to make room for Kaprielian.;)
bHas anyone else noted that Çashman is signing a whole lot of worthless FÅs or pure junk in the way of additions to the payroll. The latest Çonnor Lewis ? a center fielder who has no numbers even going backwards to find something. I don't see the sense in this activity . If anyone knows whatshappening,I would love to know the purpose.

Would love it more than anything. Just don't think we have the bats to win three series.
Adding one bat at the deadline could make a significant difference, although who knows what will realistically be available?

Anyway, I feel like by selling, they are wasting a good pitching staff this year. There is no guarantee that the pitching will ever be better than this.

Mill

Miller is the guy who could bring back multiple high-end, major league-ready prospects. You could go down that road and still compete for a post-season spot this season then decide on whether to commit to Chapman beyond this year or look to bring in a cheaper alternative to pair with Betances. I like Miller a lot, but his value will never be higher for all the reasons you state, so I would seriously consider offers for him to help reload for the long-term.
miller is the guy i keep...for all the reasons you state.

i see this team making deep runs in the next 2 years, with him at the back of the bullpen so as to not F it up.

Chapman is nothing but a ruthless pickup, designed to be traded.

bHas anyone else noted that Çashman is signing a whole lot of worthless FÅs or pure junk in the way of additions to the payroll. The latest Çonnor Lewis ? a center fielder who has no numbers even going backwards to find something. I don't see the sense in this activity . If anyone knows whatshappening,I would love to know the purpose.

Connor Oliver.

22 year old kid.

Signed to a minor league contract and assigned to the Single A team in Tampa.

Connor Oliver.

22 year old kid.

Signed to a minor league contract and assigned to the Single A team in Tampa.
Is this taking a chance that this kid will emerge a viable player?

If he takes at bats or time away from established farm Yankee players ,I don't see the point yet.

Yankees would be insane to trade Miller, they have him for 2 more years at reasonable money and the guy can close, set up pretty much everything. Keep him.

If he takes at bats or time away from established farm Yankee players ,I don't see the point yet.
yes, its worth the chance.

sometimes the switch just gets turned on and one gets it.

the frontier league is better than A ball, and he was killing it.

its also now vogue to bring a guy up for a cup of coffee because you need the warm body, then just cut him outright.

as opposed to pulling a guy from AA or AAA to the bigs and then having to send him back down, but having his clock started or an option used.

Established players like Austin Aune, Devyn Bolansky, and Zach Zehner?

Yankees owner eyes buying — not selling — at trade deadline

hs.jpg

I'mnot so sure that
Nova and Evaldi are secure as Yankees. Just how much or long do you go with these two clowns?ÇÇ has become stopper and far more effective than these two! Is Larry Fairchild slipping with his age? Maybe retirement will be strongly suggested after this season is done .time wise. Its done now as far as the pennant race is concerned. this team sucks no matter how you look at them. Headley pops a grand slam an they lose

Last edited:
depends on what we can get for chapman and beltran, whom I believe are the only assets worth something to teams at the deadline. ...
not in 3-4 years...next year.

if teams aren't ready to do that, then lets keep everyone & make a run for it...and keep others out of October.

somebody help me out...when will Harper be a Yankee??

2017??
2018??
Exactly. I'd love to have a dime for how many times on sports radio I have heard someone call in with the idea like , "Let's trade 2 broken bats, 3 balls losing their covers, and a glove with no lacing to the Giants for Buster Posey."

Not soon enough. I really hope this happens because it would drive a co-worker absolutely bat-shite.

I liked that trade as well. Looking forward to those contracts expiring. My expectations for the Yankees this season are going to be somewhat low. I have reservations about their starters and some of the lineup. They have definitely made big strides with their farm system. I don't think they will make some of the signings they have in the past. The Boss is gone and Cashman basically runs the team now. Plus the Jr. Bosses are much more fiscally aware than their father was, or at least care more than their father did.
I don't want to see Andrew Miller being tradedChapman being a FA after this season will be a FA who should bring a huge return from the other team. Miller and Betances make for a great left right combo and there will be others in the market place AND the farm which is featuring some outstanding arms. Its a matter of time before they wear the stripes on the 25 man roster.

Say good by to Evoldi If there is ANY interest in him there will be a deal even if the return is a low level farm kid with any kind of promise. The Yanks will once again not get to the WS or even the play-offs. Much like Dumps numbers the hopes are falling.

Say good by to Evoldi If there is ANY interest in him there will be a deal even if the return is a low level farm kid with any kind of promise. The Yanks will once again not get to the WS or even the play-offs. Much like Dumps numbers the hopes are falling.

3 games out of a Wild Card spot with 88 games left in the season and 30 games left before the trading deadline.

Eovaldi is lost now but showed what he is capable of last season. He has a big arm and is still only 26; you don't give up on that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom