2016 Yankees | Page 30 | Syracusefan.com

2016 Yankees

I don't see an issue with keeping McCann. He's not deadweight by any means, and as he ages can spot play 1st base and DH.
I agree to a certain extent, I don't dislike McCann, but if we are unloading, lets let Sanchez come up and get some at-bats.

Anybody know how much longer Judge is supposed to be out ?

Anybody know how much longer Judge is supposed to be out ?

Supposedly in the next week or so. I'd let him finish the season at AAA and then call him up in September and give him as many at bats then as he can take.

At the buzzer...

Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeyman
nova traded to pirates

Excited_baseball_fan_zpse3a3fb6a.gif

Cashman should be commended for his work in the last few weeks. Collectively, this looks to be a franchise-changing haul for players with expiring contracts (plus Miller). He should also be commended for convincing Yankee ownership to go this route.

If Yankees get 2 bags of potato chips for Nova they came out ahead.

If Yankees get 2 bags of potato chips for Nova they came out ahead.
YANKEESPRThe @Yankees have traded RHP Ivan Nova to the Pirates in exchange for two players to be named later.

Cashman should be commended for his work in the last few weeks. Collectively, this looks to be a franchise-changing haul for players with expiring contracts (plus Miller). He should also be commended for convincing Yankee ownership to go this route.
Except this team is going to stink for the next 2 years. Unless they re-sign Chapman in the off season the pen is just horrendous. That was their only strength. Betances can take the rest of the year off because you can probably count the number of games they will have a lead after 8 innings on 1 hand.

Except this team is going to stink for the next 2 years. Unless they re-sign Chapman in the off season the pen is just horrendous. That was their only strength. Betances can take the rest of the year off because you can probably count the number of games they will have a lead after 8 innings on 1 hand.
I don't know, Girardi does a really nice job of developing a bullpen. I think they can make a competent relief unit on the fly.

I don't know, Girardi does a really nice job of developing a bullpen. I think they can make a competent relief unit on the fly.

Exactly, that has always been a strength of Girardi is finding and developing a good bullpen. Yankees were not going to be good regardless of the moves, rather have the minor league haul than nothing

Exactly, that has always been a strength of Girardi is finding and developing a good bullpen. Yankees were not going to be good regardless of the moves, rather have the minor league haul than nothing
I wonder sometimes if Girardi really is that good, or if Torre was just so bad that Girardi seems incredible in comparison at handling a bullpen.

I lean towards him being good at it.

Yes, I don't think there will be all of that big of a difference in ERA and save percentage for the Warren-Clippard-Betances bullpen.

Insanity.

They'll make playoffs next year.

Now that the Yanks have thrown in the towel on 2016, would it surprise anyone if they swept the Mets and crippled their season?

Reality.

Yankees were top heavy. Now they have some real depth.

Like cash said on YES, top 5.

Will be very interesting to see how this plays out. Yanks made the right call, obviously, and got some elite talent in return (7 prospects in the top 100). What will be interesting is how they go forward from there. Generally breaking in in NY can be tough b/c there are going to be bumps in the road for most prospects. There are also going to be studs available via trade the next year or so -- Fernandez and Sale most notably.

So the question is will the yanks have the patience to ride out uneven developmental curves (in the majors and/or minors) and/or will they decide to package a few of these guys to try and get a stud that they then extend or re-sign and build around in the immediate future? Will be interesting to watch, particularly with the sox tracking a little further along down the same path.

Will be very interesting to see how this plays out. Yanks made the right call, obviously, and got some elite talent in return (7 prospects in the top 100). What will be interesting is how they go forward from there. Generally breaking in in NY can be tough b/c there are going to be bumps in the road for most prospects. There are also going to be studs available via trade the next year or so -- Fernandez and Sale most notably.

So the question is will the yanks have the patience to ride out uneven developmental curves (in the majors and/or minors) and/or will they decide to package a few of these guys to try and get a stud that they then extend or re-sign and build around in the immediate future? Will be interesting to watch, particularly with the sox tracking a little further along down the same path.

Have to assume a little of column A and a little of column B. The questions then are will they keep the right prospects and will they add the proper "stud" or 3 to the mix. At some point I have to believe the Brothers will want to dominate the hot stove with a couple huge signings and/or deals. The universe will return to normal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom