2016 Yankees | Page 32 | Syracusefan.com

2016 Yankees

Yankees PR Dept. ‏@YankeesPR
Roster Moves: Recalled RHP Johnny Barbato from @swbrailriders, optioned RHP Chad Green to Scranton/WB.

Extra arms in the pen, assuming that Sevy gets bumped to starter.
every time I see a roster move tweet, I look to see if Arod got his walking papers.

we need to put 1 of those reverse clock/calendar thingys on here as we move towards Sept 1 and roster expansion date.

T- 26 days, 9hours, 22 minutes and 30 seconds till Arod knows he will be a Yankee till end of the season...

KaiserUEO said:
every time I see a roster move tweet, I look to see if Arod got his walking papers. we need to put 1 of those reverse clock/calendar thingys on here as we move towards Sept 1 and roster expansion date. T- 26 days, 9hours, 22 minutes and 30 seconds till Arod knows he will be a Yankee till end of the season...

Watching the game tonight, I'm changing course and think they need to release him now. Isn't as much to talk about after trading away the 3 players and just playing the season out so the media is making it THE story. Just end it now or Girardi is going to punch a reporter.

Watching the game tonight, I'm changing course and think they need to release him now. Isn't as much to talk about after trading away the 3 players and just playing the season out so the media is making it THE story. Just end it now or Girardi is going to punch a reporter.
Tonight was it.

It's all over for him now.

He owns Colon. Colon is a lefty. Colon only throws fastballs. Arod only can hit fastballs.

There is no YouTube video to blame this benching on, Girardi is out of excuses.

The only 1 left is...he's no longer a capable major leaguer.

Tonight was it.

It's all over for him now.

He owns Colon. Colon is a lefty. Colon only throws fastballs. Arod only can hit fastballs.

There is no YouTube video to blame this benching on, Girardi is out of excuses.

The only 1 left is...he's no longer a capable major leaguer.
A-Rod does own him, but unless you're watching the game in a mirror, Colon is still a righty.

Had John & Suzyn on earlier, it's enough to confuse anyone for a few hours.

I was listening to them on the drive home (yeah, I need to leave work earlier). The one thing that drives me nuts about their broadcasts is all the ads they have to do. I'm sure it's that way for any team's radio game, but it's crazy. The 2nd strike being on the outside corner to the 3rd hitter of an inning is brought to you by Cellino & Barnes. Cellino & Barnes, the #1 ambulance chaser in the tri-state area.

Was funny after Eovaldi's first K. Sterling says that's the first strikeout by Nate. Then, obviously talking to Suzyn he repeats, ummm that's the first strikeout by Nate. She says I'm waiting to know what that means. So then he reads the first strikeout brought to you by ad, trying not to sound frustrated.

Unrelated to anything, Colon has Andre the Giant's head. It was terrifying my son.

Had John & Suzyn on earlier, it's enough to confuse anyone for a few hours.
On a related note, I once saw an analysis of Bubba Watson's swing where they flipped it around and ran it next to Jack's swing. Turns out they look remarkably similar.

Damn shame, great guy and excellent player. He was on track for a possible Hall of Fame career before the injuries started mounting.

Yeah...don't think he has the numbers for the Hall...

not enough all star seasons, top 10 in the MVP only 2x. he would've needed to get to 500 HRs with his avg closer to 280 and not in the 260s and dropping like it is now.

great player though, but one who will be lost to time to most of America...except in NY in the bars and at Old Timers Day and 2009 team Reunions at the Stadium.

the Yankees do a great job of making sure everyone is not forgotten, and that the Winners always get another curtain call or 10.

not enough all star seasons, top 10 in the MVP only 2x. he would've needed to get to 500 HRs with his avg closer to 280 and not in the 260s and dropping like it is now.

great player though, but one who will be lost to time to most of America...except in NY in the bars and at Old Timers Day and 2009 team Reunions at the Stadium.

the Yankees do a great job of making sure everyone is not forgotten, and that the Winners always get another curtain call or 10.

Not many people are hitting 500 home runs these days. Though he may very well have juiced his first few years in the league.

Not many people are hitting 500 home runs these days. Though he may very well have juiced his first few years in the league.
no way.

he came up in 03, drug testing was in place in MLB then and it would've also been for his entire minor league career.

my 500 HR mark was meant as a way for him to overcome the lack of AS & MVP type performances.

otherwise, he would be in the Hall of Very Good.

right now, hes just in the Hall of Good.

and there is nothing wrong with that, or his career...at all.

no way.

he came up in 03, drug testing was in place in MLB then and it would've also been for his entire minor league career.

my 500 HR mark was meant as a way for him to overcome the lack of AS & MVP type performances.

otherwise, he would be in the Hall of Very Good.

right now, hes just in the Hall of Good.

and there is nothing wrong with that, or his career...at all.
Given the injuries, I actually wouldn't be surprised if Texeira was a roider.

understood, but that wrist, IMO, wouldn't be a roid injury. that took a year half.

then last year he was on fire till he broke his own leg by fouling that ball off.

then this year, well, hes old?

to me, I look at a guy like papi and go...'holy fluck, what the hell is he on?? how is that getting by the sensors.'

more so than broken down guys who came up in the testing era and cant sustain their success.

understood, but that wrist, IMO, wouldn't be a roid injury. that took a year half.

then last year he was on fire till he broke his own leg by fouling that ball off.

then this year, well, hes old?

to me, I look at a guy like papi and go...'holy fluck, what the hell is he on?? how is that getting by the sensors.'

more so than broken down guys who came up in the testing era and cant sustain their success.
Fair assessment of his injuries, I guess.

I disagree. Kaiser nailed it. Tex went out quickly as the various injuries hit, much like the power hitters in the pre-steroid era.

Shane Hennigan ‏@RailRidersTT
Yankees holding a press conference with Alex Rodriguez on Sunday at 11 a.m.

db48d28c-17ec-4dc9-b10e-613a8420234f.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom