2017-18 Coaching Carousel | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

2017-18 Coaching Carousel

Narduzzi has done pretty good at Pitt, don't know why people fail to acknowledge that. He has some real nice wins, teams have had low points and he always rallies them. He's tough coach who rallies the troops. He's a good coach. He took over a Pitt program that had a ton of different head coaches and turnover and given them stability, it appears that Pitt has committed to him and maybe a guy that was a lifelong assistant might just be saying, hey I like it here, think we can continue to build on what we have. The only way programs like Pitt or Syracuse will ever have some special seasons is awarding their head coaches and staying the course. Volatility isn't the answer. You may have some off seasons and it happens but stay the course with good coaches.

Loyalty is a two way street and after an off year Pitt has shown that they are committed to him, maybe he will be down the road but they are at least trying. Coach like Narduzzi gives you a puncher's chance every year and I will take that.

Pitt AD justifies Narduzzi's new deal: 'You have to believe before it happens'

Herm Edwards, the Rodney Dangerfield of the coaching profession.

Actually, he was the main reason I read the link I posted - just to see what they said about Herm.

Read the link. Herm is going to be a disaster. He was supposed to be their "CEO" hire and keep the coordinators. The DC is already gone and the OC just got offered the HC job at ULL. Will be interesting to see who he can actually hire to replace them. I doubt he even knows very many College coaches these days.

All this means is FAU is stuck with him if he doesn't want to leave. Will be shocked if he lasts 3 years
I expect this also would include a hefty buyout for the first 3-4 years

Illinios: Offensive coordinator Garrick McGee and defensive backs coach Paul Williams have been let go source tells FootballScoop.

McGee was OC and QB coach at Arkansas and OC at Louisville. Was a QB in college

Last edited:
This was the worst FSU offensive line in I can't begin to tell you how long. IYAM, the poor quality of the OL was directly responsible for Francois' getting hurt vs. Bama. He was running for his life all night.

Just saw that Taggart is trying to get Deion Sanders involved with the coaching staff at FSU. Scary thought, recruiting wise.

Just saw that Taggart is trying to get Deion Sanders involved with the coaching staff at FSU. Scary thought, recruiting wise.
That will blow up in less then a year.