2017 NBA Draft early entrants | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

2017 NBA Draft early entrants

As far as McCullough goes, even his uncle who acted as his advisor was telling him to stay. Guys rush to get out of school when their game hasn't shown that they're ready to make that leap. You were just getting by for most of your life, what's another year?

SMH. Seriously?

I agree that players should leave if they are projected in the first round. However, I'm not sure the NBA is great on developing young talent (college age). I feel like the strongest teachers of the game are in college. The D-League hasn't impressed me yet although I would love to see some college vs D-League competitions.
Top college teams would likely get smoked by D-league teams.

Was curious to see what he'd do. I thought he'd probably go to the NBA, but lord knows he could have improved his stock a ton if he returned and looked like the prospect people believed he was out of high school. Curious to see where he ends up landing in the draft; I think he has one of the widest ranges of any of the prospects.

Was curious to see what he'd do. I thought he'd probably go to the NBA, but lord knows he could have improved his stock a ton if he returned and looked like the prospect people believed he was out of high school. Curious to see where he ends up landing in the draft; I think he has one of the widest ranges of any of the prospects.
Yep, I think this (declaring) is the right move for him but I'm actually a bit surprised K didn't get him to stay - you're right though, very wide range he could be drafted in

I feel like players should declare more stuff than just that they're entering the draft.

"I'm J-Tates, and I declare for the NBA draft, and also declare that The Whopper is superior to The Big Mac."

"I'm Tyler Lydon, and in addition to declaring for the NBA draft I declare that the recent Ghostbusters remake was a solid and welcome addition to the Ghostbusters family of movies."

I feel like players should declare more stuff than just that they're entering the draft.

"I'm J-Tates, and I declare for the NBA draft, and also declare that The Whopper is superior to The Big Mac."

"I'm Tyler Lydon, and in addition to declaring for the NBA draft I declare that the recent Ghostbusters remake was a solid and welcome addition to the Ghostbusters family of movies."
65119819.jpg

upload_2017-3-28_15-19-28.png

Haha, maybe if they trade down.

If I had to guess, Giles will go somewhere in the 15-20 range when it's all said and done, but given the poor play this year/lack of sample size, it'll probably depend on his workouts. If he looks as bad in workouts as he did in game action this year, he could fall into the 2nd round for all we know but I highly, highly doubt he goes top 5, which is where Philly will be picking.

I watched quite a bit of the B1G tournament this year and UM in the dance. From what I observed of Michigan's D.J. Wilson, to me, he looked just as good or better than Tyler Lydon, and more athletic. He is also listed at 6'10" has a more muscular body, hence the 240 lb vs. Lydon's softer body weight, and strokes it from 3 as well.

I'm curious as to why he isn't on any draft boards when Lydon is a projected 1st rounder? What am I failing to see?

I watched quite a bit of the B1G tournament this year and UM in the dance. From what I observed of Michigan's D.J. Wilson, to me, he looked just as good or better than Tyler Lydon, and more athletic. He is also listed at 6'10" has a more muscular body, hence the 240 lb vs. Lydon's softer body weight, and strokes it from 3 as well.

I'm curious as to why he isn't on any draft boards when Lydon is a projected 1st rounder? What am I failing to see?
Lydon goes to Syracuse and Wilson goes to Michigan. We are cursed. That is what you are missing.

DJ is slightly older than Lydon while being far less productive over his three years at Michigan. While Lydon is a below-average rebounder for a PF, Wilson would probably be the worst rebounding PF to be taken in the 1st round, like ever. Wilson is a pretty good shooter, but not quite the same level as Lydon.

Still, Wilson is projected to be around the 15-20 range in next year's draft.

DJ is slightly older than Lydon while being far less productive over his three years at Michigan. While Lydon is a below-average rebounder for a PF, Wilson would probably be the worst rebounding PF to be taken in the 1st round, like ever. Wilson is a pretty good shooter, but not quite the same level as Lydon.

Still, Wilson is projected to be around the 15-20 range in next year's draft.

Wilson is only 2 months older, has a better body and an additional year of high level college ball under his belt. I guess there's the statistics and then there is the eye test. Interesting.

Lydon goes to Syracuse and Wilson goes to Michigan. We are cursed. That is what you are missing.

Yeah, I hear ya. I never got the Ennis attraction either. I recall when we played at Virginia Ennis' frosh (only) year and he went up against a fellow frosh no one at that time really heard of in Perrentes. Perrentes schooled Tyler in that match up and if one didn't know any better, you would've thought that Perrentes was the better prospect. Ennis bolts and 3 more years of Perrentes...go figure. :(

Wilson is built like a man, but it hasn't lead to a lot of production until this March.

He's a different player than Lydon and older like Melancer said. I also watch UM games because I love the skillsets of their players (much like Oregon's offense) and how they improved. Plus my brother did two degrees in A2.

I personally think Wilson is a little smaller than 6'10. I would rather make the comparison to Roberson. Wilson is a classic PF who can do a bit of everything. I think he is what we hoped Roberson would become. Sigh.

I think the rebounding is probably Wilson's biggest issue. He's not even in the same universe as Lydon as a rebounder, and Lydon is already a relatively poor rebounder compared to the rest of the draft class. With the size and length that Wilson supposedly has, he has no excuse to be as poor a rebounder as he is. Think of how much of string-bean BJ Johnson was for us; he was a significantly better rebounder at Syracuse than DJ Wilson is.

I think the rebounding is probably Wilson's biggest issue. He's not even in the same universe as Lydon as a rebounder, and Lydon is already a relatively poor rebounder compared to the rest of the draft class. With the size and length that Wilson supposedly has, he has no excuse to be as poor a rebounder as he is. Think of how much of string-bean BJ Johnson was for us; he was a significantly better rebounder at Syracuse than DJ Wilson is.

Not sure if you can compare BJ to Wilson. These are two different systems as well. Michigan was a bad rebounding team this season but their guards for whatever reason really rebounded well. Could be by design. Irvin and Walton averaged 5rpg. Seems like the team did it by committee.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom