2017 NBA Draft early entrants | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

2017 NBA Draft early entrants

Collins from gonzaga entering. Not sure about agent status.

Hope he comes back. Enjoy watching him. Kid is going to be really good. Best player on floor in that unc game imo. Potential sky high.

That'd be a big get for Archie if he can get Bryant to stay another year.

Bryant's probably a 2nd round pick, so there's probably a semblance of a chance that he can keep him. On the flipside, Bryant's another guy whose draft stock plummeted by staying a 2nd year, so maybe he just wants to get out now while he can still be drafted; might depend on what type of system Archie wants to run. Having Bryant try to play on the perimeter and break guys down off the dribble was a terrible idea.

Collins from gonzaga entering. Not sure about agent status.

Hope he comes back. Enjoy watching him. Kid is going to be really good. Best player on floor in that unc game imo. Potential sky high.

Collins signed with an agent. He gone.

Bryant's probably a 2nd round pick, so there's probably a semblance of a chance that he can keep him. On the flipside, Bryant's another guy whose draft stock plummeted by staying a 2nd year, so maybe he just wants to get out now while he can still be drafted; might depend on what type of system Archie wants to run. Having Bryant try to play on the perimeter and break guys down off the dribble was a terrible idea.
Another example of Tom Crean being terrible at developing talent.

Oh snap. We finally have our highly touted guy that's choosing to return for whatever reason (along with Robert Williams).

Weird. Projected at #11 now, maybe he thinks he can go #1 next year and cash in.

Weird. Projected at #11 now, maybe he thinks he can go #1 next year and cash in.

I do think he could potentially move up into the 5-8 range; it's currently projected to be a pretty weak class after the first 3 or 4 picks (I believe the top 4 projected right now are Porter, Luka Doncic, DeAndre Ayton, and Mo Bamba) and then you start talking about guys like Robert Williams and Bridges. Obviously a lot can change in a year though.

But but he is only going to get worse by returning to school next year.

He's projected 11 in this deep draft, what if he stays the same of drops? Would it be a smart decision to stay?

He's projected 11 in this deep draft, what if he stays the same of drops? Would it be a smart decision to stay?

Maybe he isn't worried about dropping, and is enjoying college.

Maybe he isn't worried about dropping, and is enjoying college.
Do players really go to college any more for any reason but getting out as soon as possible?
College is becoming more and more of a development league having nothing to do with education other than teams being run by $chool$...often as moneymakers.

Do players really go to college any more for any reason but getting out as soon as possible?
College is becoming more and more of a development league having nothing to do with education other than teams being run by $chool$...often as moneymakers.

Don't think so. It's all about maximizing their value IMO. Don't blame them though. The model needs to change.

Personally, when I was in college I tried to get out as quickly as possible.

I work in marketing.

Trier just announced he's coming back to school as well..

srsly how do guys like Bridges, Trier stay in school?? ugh

Obviously family situations play a large part in the decisions, but, I think we have to start realizing that kids with NBA possibilities might not want to stay in this system/scheme any longer than they have to for better or worse.

Those teams are constantly reloading with attractive top end talent to play with as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom