2017 NBA draft live thread | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

2017 NBA draft live thread

10 in the first since '07

giphy.gif

Dinosaur BBQ needs to be eliminated lol.

Omg, with the zone defense. Enough. MCW, Dion, Grant, Wes are all good defenders. Get over it. I hate the zone but I hate analysts whining about it even more.

They are absolutely not all good defenders.

Come on.

Tom Crean really ripped on Tyler Lydon on the Vertical draft show.

They are absolutely not all good defenders.

Come on.
Grant and Wes are only in the league for defense.

MCW gets steals and can absolutely play above average defense when he wants, and Dion...legit, Dion is a good defender. Don't let his first few years fool you.

Did I miss something? I predicted he would go 26th, and he went 24th

You wanted him to slip out of the first round to crow about it and to vindicate you 100's of posts on the subject.

You wanted him to slip out of the first round to crow about it and to vindicate you 100's of posts on the subject.

No I really didn't but keep speaking for me.

Grant and Wes are only in the league for defense.

MCW gets steals and can absolutely play above average defense when he wants, and Dion...legit, Dion is a good defender. Don't let his first few years fool you.

Wes Johnson ranks at 208 in defensive win shares.

Grant ranks better at 128.

MCW at 189.

Dion 169.

To put this in perspective, Ray Felton is at 127.

MCW at 189.

Dion 169.

I'm going to go ahead and question those numbers meaning anything of relevance. Felton is a better defender than Grant...righttt.

Grant sure as hell isnt in the league for offense, and if you watch OKC at all, it is made very evident why he plays as much as he does.

Wes has been given 5,000 chances to be a 3&D rotation guy...and it's not because of his 3 point shooting because his hesitant self doesn't shoot well when he actually pulls the trigger every eon.

Dion, has been praised by Pat Riley for his defense. I'm gonna go ahead and agree with him over some random analytic measure.

MCW has been a good defender but was hurt pretty much all year.

MCW at 189.

Dion 169.

Lol, no idea what that statement means but I'll take a stand and guess the higher the number the worse it is.

MCW at 189.

Dion 169.

I don't think I've ever said a stat or analytic measure was bs, but Felton 6 years ago wasn't a better defender than any of those guys, the ranking are bs. Has to be more to it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom