2017 Onondaga Community College Thread... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2017 Onondaga Community College Thread...

Spoke to a guy that said he believes that staats is going pro, and gave some pretty convincing reasons.

Spoke to a guy that said he believes that staats is going pro, and gave some pretty convincing reasons.
Appreciate the info. If true, I wonder why he'd go to OCC for just one year. He would've likely been the NLL's #1 overall pick last year. Not doubting your source but Randy Staats & Jamieson were also rumored to be turning pro prior to & throughout their careers at OCC.

Appreciate the info. If true, I wonder why he'd go to OCC for just one year. He would've likely been the NLL's #1 overall pick last year. Not doubting your source but Randy Staats & Jamieson were also rumored to be turning pro prior to & throughout their careers at OCC.

Yeah. Well just see.

Would be nice to grab Staats if he stays in school but that seems unclear at this point. Would join a pretty talented 2018 squad that still may pick up a late player or two

Would be nice to grab Staats if he stays in school but that seems unclear at this point. Would join a pretty talented 2018 squad that still may pick up a late player or two
From all info provided, I'd put it at 50-50 that he makes it/decides to attend SU but that's no different than Randy or Jammer. The kid would start on attack from day 1. I almost wonder if potential/former recruits have factored that into their decision. Specifically thinking about Top 10 Attack Griffin Gelinas flipping to Michigan. Just something to think about.

I'm also not yet ready to fully close the book on Nate Solomon's younger brother Nicky. He's been a long time UNC commit & apparently grew up a huge UNC fan but he's very close with Nate & a few other SU players & spends a ton of time on campus & around the team. I've seen (on TV) him & the parents in the stands at just about every weekend home game & many away games the past 2 years. He'd have a chance to play one year with Nate as a Frosh in 2019. Similar to Derek & Dylan Maltz.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom