2017 Onondaga Community College Thread... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

2017 Onondaga Community College Thread...

OCC men's lacrosse coach Chuck Wilbur calls Lazers' 10th national title 'my favorite one yet'

Staats played on a rolled right ankle, which sidelined him late in the previous day's semifinal and left him limping badly in the celebration. If there weren't a title on the line, he might not have played Sunday.

"He had one leg," Wilbur said.

Despite that, it was Staats who corralled the second of the key loose balls with less than three minutes left, finding a rebound of McNabb's blocked shot, then quickly feeding him the ball a second time before the defense could reset.

"One more game is all I needed," Staats said. "It's all we needed."

Hearing from the same guy that told me before that staats is done with college lacrosse and is going pro...

2017 NLL Mock Draft 1.0: First Round Evenly Split Between Offence and Defence

One player about whom you will hear plenty of speculation is Six Nations lefty forward Austin Staats. Rumours are flying about that Staats will leave Onondaga Community College to enter the draft this year. To this point, those rumours are unconfirmed and Staats is just as likely to return to OCC for 2017/18 then carry on to Syracuse for another two years. If he were to enter the draft this fall, he would be the overwhelming favourite to go first overall.

Also this excerpt on Zach Miller though, to my knowledge, he has yet to declare or make his plans known.

Miller hasn't played much box lacrosse for several years but is an intriguing enough athlete that the Chiefs protected him from the MSL draft. What he does this summer will play a huge role in when he gets drafted.

Hearing from the same guy that told me before that staats is done with college lacrosse and is going pro...

One player about whom you will hear plenty of speculation is Six Nations lefty forward Austin Staats. Rumours are flying about that Staats will leave Onondaga Community College to enter the draft this year. To this point, those rumours are unconfirmed and Staats is just as likely to return to OCC for 2017/18 then carry on to Syracuse for another two years. If he were to enter the draft this fall, he would be the overwhelming favourite to go first overall.

Also this excerpt on Zach Miller though, to my knowledge, he has yet to declare or make his plans known.

Miller hasn't played much box lacrosse for several years but is an intriguing enough athlete that the Chiefs protected him from the MSL draft. What he does this summer will play a huge role in when he gets drafted.
Unlike

Staats has previously denied that he intended to turn pro and there were rumors he would do so last year and skip OCC all together. Obviously things could change but if he comes back for his second and final year at OCC I think he plans on going to college like Randy.

Huh interesting
FWIW, not saying it's at all related, but Limestone is where Vaughn Harris committed when he couldn't qualify at SU. He never enrolled at Limestone & turned pro.

Huh interesting
The inn is pretty full at attack and they may be holding a spot for Staats. I believe they refer to this as fish and loaves on the football board. There are only so many locker spaces and hooks in the lax locker room. I know when I spoke to the staff about a couple of players looking to transfer they said they were over capacity for the next few years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom