2017 Roster ranking | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2017 Roster ranking

It's interesting to look at this list now and then see how it's going to be later

Right only on potential or based on information and footage we have seen to this point.

Rank the players one through nine in terms of overall contributions to this years team

1)Battle-pro
2)OBrissett- will be a pro
3) Thorpe
That's a good start now it is a toss up.

4)Marek-pro potential
5)Howard-staff said future pro but miles away
6)Sidbe-ceiling is pro
7)Moyer-ceiling is pro
8)Washington
9)PC-ceiling is a pro/ probably not

Marek and Brissett may be a lot better offensively than some think. If they contribute in addition to Battle and Thorpe this team will be OK (as in bubble team). If not, it's going to be a down year. I see Moyer more as an all around game type (good passer, rebounder) but not really a scorer--at least not this season.

Hopefully we get JC to sign before the season starts if it will be as bad as some of you say, because missing the tournament 2 years in a row isnt really going to be a great selling point to recruits. When's the last time that happened?

EDIT: the first couple of posts stole my answer. It's too early to speculate accurately on too much, other than battle being a stud, and the defense possibly improving, IMO.

We won't score 50 points against good defenses then.

JB not changing to his personnel is bad coaching.

Yes, it's clear that JB is a bad coach. Anyone can have all his success. And develop great players. And be respected by his peers. Just awful.

Yes, it's clear that JB is a bad coach. Anyone can have all his success. And develop great players. And be respected by his peers. Just awful.
Posts like this are why debate is dying.
Instead of taking the proper context of my opinion you get stupid flame jobs like this that do nothing but get threads locked up.

Good job. You attacked me and will get the likes you crave.

You haven't seen these guys yet. Let's wait until we know more.

Call me crazy, but amongst all talent coming in ( including Moyer), we probably have a shooter( or two) in that group. Look at Lydon freshman year. These are good ball players and rim dimensions are the same but the game speeds up. Some of these guys will get consistent open looks with Battle being targeted and he dishs. I think Thorpe makes a decent number of threes for us and Frank actually can too if he keeps his head.

For the last few years we've had a lot of pre-season question marks.
But nothing like this.
The Orange only have two guys who have proven themselves at the level to which we're accustomed: Battle & Thorpe (who doesn't know the intricacies of the 2-3).
Three players if you include Frank Howard.
The lack of experience and leadership don't bode well.

I think after the non-conf 5-game stretch in a row of good competition; we'll know how this team will be more/less. We know they will take their lumps in the ACC but if they manage to keep it to close to .500 then this non-conf stretch will be critical. Five games in a row of:

Oakland- Made a deep NIT run and always good.
Toledo- Decent MAC team.
Maryland- Huerter and Jackson a tough duo
Kansas- Tons of talent as always
UConn- Ugh.

I think after the non-conf 5-game stretch in a row of good competition; we'll know how this team will be more/less. We know they will take their lumps in the ACC but if they manage to keep it to close to .500 then this non-conf stretch will be critical. Five games in a row of:

Oakland- Made a deep NIT run and always good.
Toledo- Decent MAC team.
Maryland- Huerter and Jackson a tough duo
Kansas- Tons of talent as always
UConn- Ugh.
G-town in there as well. I think the important thing this year is that we have a fun team that gets better as the season goes on. And with a very solid recruiting year, have a team that we are very excited about coming in next year.

G-town in there as well. I think the important thing this year is that we have a fun team that gets better as the season goes on. And with a very solid recruiting year, have a team that we are very excited about coming in next year.

That's the hope for sure. Really impossible to forecast because we don't know anything. Hopefully it is fun, ha.

I would love to get anybody's prediction on either what they'd like to see happen or what they think at this point from everything that we know which is just scouting reports limited tape and snapshots of college

What is a likely pecking order?

Very concerning

I think the expectation is

Tier 1 Battle
Tier 2 Thorpe /Brissett /Moyer/ Frank (2-5)
Might be enough/might need to be!

Tier 3 Marek/ Washington/
Tier4-PC/Sidbe

Not expecting much this year especially after listening to dean's latest podcast. Realistically thinking that anything over .500 will be the goal of this team. One person can't carry a team in the acc and battle will have his share of off nights. We will likely struggle to score most nights. I'm usually a glass half full guy but don't really feel or see it this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom