2017 Yankees Thread | Page 117 | Syracusefan.com

2017 Yankees Thread

Not expecting it, but I am often pleasantly surprised when it comes to these types of situations.

If it happens it would be a lucky break, my gameplan going in wouldn't be expecting Kluber to give up 6 runs.

If it happens it would be a lucky break, my gameplan going in wouldn't be expecting Kluber to give up 6 runs.
Who says he has to give up 6 runs? 2 or 3 might be enough if they can get him out of the game after six innings or so.

Who says he has to give up 6 runs? 2 or 3 might be enough if they can get him out of the game after six innings or so.

Sabathia is going to give up some runs also.

Actually I think Kershaw has struggled back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back in the postseason.

He pitched better, but it has been a monkey on his back, Kluber was terrific last year in the playoffs, hes had one bad postseason start.

He pitched better, but it has been a monkey on his back, Kluber was terrific last year in the playoffs, hes had one bad postseason start.
My point is simply that no one is a sure thing, especially a guy coming off a rough outing.

Chris Sale? Yeah, I know it wasn't exactly a stinker yesterday, but he still took the loss. Guy was a regular home run derby pitcher this offseason.

That a bit unfair in my opinion. Sale pitched very well yesterday against the best offensive team in baseball.

That a bit unfair in my opinion. Sale pitched very well yesterday against the best offensive team in baseball.
The part about serving up batting practice was hyperbole. A dig at the Sox fans who were busting our chops a couple of weeks ago.

9-2/3 innings, 13 hits (4 home runs) and 9 runs -- would hate to see what a bad performance would have looked like.

9-2/3 innings, 13 hits (4 home runs) and 9 runs -- would hate to see what a bad performance would have looked like.

I think you may have read my post a little too fast or did not watch yesterday's game. Noexcuse critiqued Sale in part because he got the loss yesterday. My point was Sale pitched very well yesterday. I don't think anybody could deny that.

While we're at it - speaking of pitchers - couldn't help but notice that Girardi skipped (the more well rested) your boy Gray and chose CC for tomorrow night. Wise move cuz Gray would most likely have gotten his t*ts ripped off if he had gotten the nod.

I think you may have read my post a little too fast or did not watch yesterday's game. Noexcuse critiqued Sale in part because he got the loss yesterday. My point was Sale pitched very well yesterday. I don't think anybody could deny that.

While we're at it - speaking of pitchers - couldn't help but notice that Girardi skipped (the more well rested) your boy Gray and chose CC for tomorrow night. Wise move cuz Gray would most likely have gotten his t*ts ripped off if he had gotten the nod.
Noexcuse called Sale "a regular home run derby pitcher this post season" which he in fact was. Better luck to him next year.

Noexcuse called Sale "a regular home run derby pitcher this post season" which he in fact was. Better luck to him next year.

He wasn't very good over the last month or so. I think he was what, 4-6 over his last ten?

He wasn't very good over the last month or so. I think he was what, 4-6 over his last ten?
He was 4-4 in 11 starts in August and September, giving up four or more runs five times.

I think the important thing for everybody to remember here is that the Yankees still have something to play for, and the Red Sox are home.

Last edited:
I think the important thing for everybody to remember here is that the Yankees still have something to play for, and the Red So are home.
To be fair, Red Sox players still have something to play for. They can work on lowering their golf scores.

What are we thinking tonight boys? Went into this series expecting Cle to win, as they are the overall better team imo, and wouldn't have been upset by that if they simply outplayed us. Then game 2 happened and that botch call/review changed it for me. Not that we have tied it up, I just hope we don't lose the game like game 2.

Cleveland hasn't been the better team this series.

The team that has been better this series will win.

I think Cleveland is going to be tight. Not only are they feeling the pressure from this series, but for a lot of those players it's dredging up the pressure from the last World Series too.

I am hoping for revenge for 1997, but the Yankees may have already played that card in Game 3. If CC keeps it close it will be a nail biter. Have to give the edge to the home team in that case. I really don't expect Klueber to have 2 bad outings in a row.

There will never be another Game 2.

If the Yanks can get up early and CC starts dealing, the tribe will start griping their bats into sawdust.

Everyone is rested and Kahnle can probably give at least 3 outs.

If Gardner sees 5+ pitches, that will be a very good sign.

Have to imagine in a game 5 that CC will be on a very short leash.

Also, the Sox just fired Farrell.

"wasn't exactly a stinker, but still took the loss."

DL3GFhQWAAAASD6.jpg

Have to imagine in a game 5 that CC will be on a very short leash.

Also, the Sox just fired Farrell.
Probably so. From the small sample size it appeared the Yankee lefties (CC and Garcia) were effective against the Cleveland lineup. If CC can get through the 5th with the lead, Joe has a ton of mix and match options available. I wonder if Encarnacion is available tonight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom