2017 Yankees Thread | Page 116 | Syracusefan.com

2017 Yankees Thread

th

At first I thought we got lucky when Brian O'Nora missed Hicks' 3rd strike in the 2nd inning. But I quickly remembered how Dan Iassogna signaled that Chisenhall had been hit in game 2, and the thought quickly departed.

Well Yankees fans I was slightly outspoken that I didn't think you guys had much chance to beat the Indians. I have to admit I'm impressed with the comeback. I will be back to eat my full plate of crow if you win game 5

Well Yankees fans I was slightly outspoken that I didn't think you guys had much chance to beat the Indians. I have to admit I'm impressed with the comeback. I will be back to eat my full plate of crow if you win game 5

I picked the Indians in 5, and when they blew game 2 thought they would get swept, impressed with their resolve. Going to be very tough to win a game 5, I can't see Kluber pitching poorly again.

I picked the Indians in 5, and when they blew game 2 thought they would get swept, impressed with their resolve. Going to be very tough to win a game 5, I can't see Kluber pitching poorly again.
Two things...
1) The Yankees (and Kluber) now know they can get to Kluber
2) Baseball history is littered with great pitchers who have been lit up multiple times in the postseason

I doubt Judge will see another fastball for a strike. Cleveland pitching in general has been on a mission to not let him beat them.

I can.

Kluber is the most emotion free human I've seen in awhile. No smiles, no frowns, nothing. So I don't think he's bothered by that start the other day. I think he'll rebound, but will it be at the same level he pitched all year?

Tommy Kahnle should get a special award for the most stress free 9th inning all year.

Kluber is the most emotion free human I've seen in awhile. No smiles, no frowns, nothing. So I don't think he's bothered by that start the other day. I think he'll rebound, but will it be at the same level he pitched all year?

Tommy Kahnle should get a special award for the most stress free 9th inning all year.
I love when they show Kluber hanging out in the dugout for the very reason you mentioned. Just chewing on sunflower seeds or whatever. It's not even that he looks bored. That might be too alert.

I love when they show Kluber hanging out in the dugout for the very reason you mentioned. Just chewing on sunflower seeds or whatever. It's not even that he looks bored. That might be too alert.

He was the same thing on the mound in Game 2. When they pulled him out, I wondered if he even knew what the score was. I just throw a ball to a glove until they tell me not to.

So the best pitcher in the Al is going to put up back to back stinkers, good luck with that.
Not expecting it, but I am often pleasantly surprised when it comes to these types of situations.

THE AL
Chris Sale? Yeah, I know it wasn't exactly a stinker yesterday, but he still took the loss. Guy was a regular home run derby pitcher this offseason.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom