2017 Yankees Thread | Page 123 | Syracusefan.com

2017 Yankees Thread

Great series by the Yanks. I have to admit that I do not like the Yanks, but I don't have any issues with this particular version of it.

The Indians are probably the better team, but in a 5 or 7 game series the Yanks can battle with anybody.

It’s gonna be a busy Friday night.

What. A. Comeback.

I just made an ill advised purchase online to celebrate.

Well, it seemed that Cleveland wanted to make sure Judge especially but also Sanchez didn't beat them, which they did, but in doing so lost track of the rest. NYY battled the whole series across their whole team. Seemed everyone stepped up at some time or another, with perhaps Judge and Sanchez serving as lightning rods, taking all the heat while the rest got it done. Now down in Houston, maybe Holliday can get some time.

Last edited:
Cleveland played as poor of a series as possible. A team that struck out the least amount in the Majors this season, whiffed more than Joe Girardi (a la Roy Williams) cries. A team that led the majors with the least amount of errors had 9 in a 5 games series, 6 unearned runs Monday night and 2 more tonight. Kluber couldn't get out of the 3rd inning Friday or the 4th tonight pitching like a Minor League Single A pitcher vs. the probable Cy Young Winner. Cleveland's bats were also non-existent. Lindor 2 for 20, Ramirez 2-22, Santana 4-19; Encarcion 0-8 (missing two games as well do to that nasty ankle sprain) and so on. Things couldn't have played out any better for the Yankees, or worse for the Tribe.

I don’t think the Yankees played that great. Our two best hitters were about 5-40. We also got nothing out of the DH spot.

I don’t think the Yankees played that great. Our two best hitters were about 5-40. We also got nothing out of the DH spot.

Well, Judge is a rookie and can't hit anything but a fastball. Sanchez struggled, but he's young, inexperienced in the post season as well. So, not really unexpected. Cleveland had their entire lineup basically sh!? the bed. Game three when Tanaka was on the mound, Indian batters swung at balls in the dirt constantly and made no adjustments moving up in the box. Move up, the guy ain't throwing the ball by you at 89-90 MPH. Just a pathetic performance by the Tribe in this series, especially after winning 102 games and 23 straight.

Cleveland played as poor of a series as possible. A team that struck out the least amount in the Majors this season, whiffed more than Joe Girardi (a la Roy Williams) cries. A team that led the majors with the least amount of errors had 9 in a 5 games series, 6 unearned runs Monday night and 2 more tonight. Kluber couldn't get out of the 3rd inning Friday or the 4th tonight pitching like a Minor League Single A pitcher vs. the probable Cy Young Winner. Cleveland's bats were also non-existent. Lindor 2 for 20, Ramirez 2-22, Santana 4-19; Encarcion 0-8 (missing two games as well do to that nasty ankle sprain) and so on. Things couldn't have played out any better for the Yankees, or worse for the Tribe.

Well, that botched call in the 2nd game that set up Lindor's salami could have gone better, but that was just one call. And you're right, putting the wraps on Santana and Ramirez was enormous. And for all Lindor's promise and bright future, Didi was the better SS all through the series. Tonight the two Cleveland players that worried me the most, Kluber and Allen, came up dry. I was ecstatic when Gardy battled Allen and knocked in the last two. New York's pitching was better, and their hitters wore down a pretty good Cleveland staff.

Maybe the Yankees had something to do with that.

Maybe the Yankees had something to do with that.

Yeah, especially those 9 errors. And, Kluber in both of his outings having absolutely no command of his pitches in his short stints. :rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom