2017 Yankees Thread | Page 125 | Syracusefan.com

2017 Yankees Thread

I touched on that missed call earlier here, but also tempered it with the observation that the missed HPB call in game 2 was blown by the umps, so one could say the bad calls evened out. It was discomforting to see how the wildly inconsistent plate ump in game 5 scrambled the game. There were a lot of looks back at the ump and some shaking heads on both sides.

That HPB miss doesn't mean that Chisinhall doesn't get on base by working the count full, possibly walking...a base hit. I think it was somewhat overblown in the media, etc.

In my judgment it was an error, just like it was when we were kids. But as the pitching has grown more dominant and batting averages dwindle, official scorers in MLB have been giving the "benefit of the doubt" to batters on that. It helps reduce speculation that pitching needs to be checked in some way (ie, shaving the mound, etc.).

No doubt it was an error all the way. Your objectivity is refreshing. I realize it's hard for the vast majority of 'modest' Yankee fans to be objective...especially when "anyone in their right mind" could see it wasn't an error. :rolleyes:

Can CC get regular rest and start game 2? If so I’d swap him and sevy. Sevy much better at home and cc has been a road warrior in playoffs.

I'm leery of getting "too smart by half" and over manipulating the rotation. Yes, we'd all like to have Tanaka in game 3 in NY, but I'm reluctant to feed the claims he can only win at home. That's reactive and I don't think I like dwelling on those thoughts, in his head or the rest of the team's. I'd rather just say he has some momentum off his last start, give him the ball and say "Here it is, get it done." Just IMHO.

That HPB miss doesn't mean that Chisinhall doesn't get on base by working the count full, possibly walking...a base hit. I think it was somewhat overblown in the media, etc.

Didn't he have 2 strikes? Sanchez caught that "tip."

DL8Xyz7W0AA6wWw.jpg

I'm leery of getting "too smart by half" and over manipulating the rotation. Yes, we'd all like to have Tanaka in game 3 in NY, but I'm reluctant to feed the claims he can only win at home. That's reactive and I don't think I like dwelling on those thoughts, in his head or the rest of the team's. I'd rather just say he has some momentum off his last start, give him the ball and say "Here it is, get it done." Just IMHO.
Huh? I didn’t say that. Tanaka is for sure game 1. He’s a vet. Sevy is 23 and pitches way better at home.

In my judgment it was an error, just like it was when we were kids. But as the pitching has grown more dominant and batting averages dwindle, official scorers in MLB have been giving the "benefit of the doubt" to batters on that. It helps reduce speculation that pitching needs to be checked in some way (ie, shaving the mound, etc.).
It was hilarious hearing Smoltz, the former pitcher, talk with such certainty that it should be scored an error.

Huh? I didn’t say that. Tanaka is for sure game 1. He’s a vet. Sevy is 23 and pitches way better at home.

Wasn't aimed at you, sorry, just more toward the general level of conjecture here.

Didn't he have 2 strikes? Sanchez caught that "tip."

I'm not sure. I was listening to the game on XM radio as I was travelling. But, if it was two strikes on him and Sanchez caught the tip, then that's certainly a horse of a different color. ;):)

It was hilarious hearing Smoltz, the former pitcher, talk with such certainty that it should be scored an error.

I don't dislike Smoltz, but he needs to begin the transition from pitcher to announcer. How many years has it been? :D

I'm not sure. I was listening to the game on XM radio as I was travelling. But, if it was two strikes on him and Sanchez caught the tip, then that's certainly a horse of a different color. ;):)

Anyone? Anyone? Beuller?

4c17549ba04dbd088d1ff3830586a3bb.jpg

It was two strikes, and Sanchez did catch the foul tip.

End of the inning.

I think the decision delay may have been based on Girardi's surprise that Sanchez actually caught the ball.

That's exactly the case. Not sure how anyone wouldn't be aware of that given the coverage the play has received.

No doubt it was an error all the way. Your objectivity is refreshing. I realize it's hard for the vast majority of 'modest' Yankee fans to be objective...especially when "anyone in their right mind" could see it wasn't an error. :rolleyes:
Really? Show that play to the people who regularly act as official scorers for MLB games and I assure you at least half would score that a hit.

Really? Show that play to the people who regularly act as official scorers for MLB games and I assure you at least half would score that a hit.
Enough of his debate, let's get right to it...

Ski Goggles or Swim Goggles for the champions champagne bath???

Ski goggles are much more comfortable, but I'd have to imagine the Swim ones work better.

Discuss...

No muts and redsux fan participation please...

Ski goggles are much more comfortable, but I'd have to imagine the Swim ones work better.

Discuss...

KO56mKAUGSRj9A-qjBYSviR7CGj97ALRaO99Po6gTw6cYLrdwSUUnm6E0EChJyCz3Z8=w300

Okay, especially if you say so, again from your keyboard at home. That official scorer the other night must have not been a "people" perhaps an Android. Again, as you alluded to...someone out of his right mind vs. someone that MLB incorporates that knows what they're doing. :rolleyes:

That's exactly the case. Not sure how anyone wouldn't be aware of that given the coverage the play has received.

Since you're in your usual realm (responding to comments not in reply of your own along with being your typical passive-aggressive self) I had mentioned to Cowtown that I was travelling last weekend and was catching it on XM radio and was unclear of the exact details. Not that replying to your usual snarky remarks matter to me, but I was hiking/camping in the Blue Ridge Mountains in Damascus/Abingdon VA. I wasn't really around a TV again until Sunday evening when I caught some of game 3 on TV. So, I guess others such as me, wouldn't, or as you suggest "anyone" may not have been aware of the exact details as crazy as that may appear to you..you know, someone who's so clearly in their right mind. :rolleyes:

Okay, especially if you say so, again from your keyboard at home. That official scorer the other night must have not been a "people" perhaps an Android. Again, as you alluded to...someone out of his right mind vs. someone that MLB incorporates that knows what they're doing. :rolleyes:

Since you're in your usual realm (responding to comments not in reply of your own along with being your typical passive-aggressive self) I had mentioned to Cowtown that I was travelling last weekend and was catching it on XM radio and was unclear of the exact details. Not that replying to your usual snarky remarks matter to me, but I was hiking/camping in the Blue Ridge Mountains in Damascus/Abingdon VA. I wasn't really around a TV again until Sunday evening when I caught some of game 3 on TV. So, I guess others such as me, wouldn't, or as you suggest "anyone" may not have been aware of the exact details as crazy as that may appear to you..you know, someone who's so clearly in their right mind. :rolleyes:
That's a lot of words to tell me you disagree with me about a subjective scorer's decision, didn't know much about a play you were commenting on and generally don't care for my posts. How am I doing so far?

Discuss...

Ski goggles for pitchers, swim for positional players.

Girardi and the rest of the coaches just have to watch their eyes.

That's a lot of words to tell me you disagree with me about a subjective scorer's decision, didn't know much about a play you were commenting on and generally don't care for my posts. How am I doing so far?

The tone of your posts generally appear to be confrontational with some. I won't mention names here, but I have seen it with other posters. You seem to be on attack with other's viewpoints, being disagreeable vs. disagreeing. You intentionally chose to use words as "anyone in their right mind" as well as spewing "not sure how anyone wouldn't be aware of it considering the coverage it has gotten," etc. I was having a conversation with Cowtown, in regards to the hard hit right at Urshela, he thought it was error in his view. You didn't go after him. On the bat handle tip, I stated if that was indeed the case (2 strikes and caught tip) than that was a horse of a different color and hence understood the magnitude of the call.

The "subjective scorer's decision" is no more than your subjective opinion. Your opinion is fine, but it doesn't mean it's right and pathetically trying to suggest it's right by implying that the official scorer is incompetent...or again, "out of his right mind." This quote of your's is telling as well..."Show that play to the people who regularly act as official scorers for MLB games and I assure you at least half would score that a hit." That is an asinine post, as again, suggesting the official scorer was just some incompetent Joe that they found off the street to put in there for a decisive ALDS Game 5. You claiming innocence when you are well aware what you're implying is a typical behavioral pattern of passive-aggressive types...as yourself.

Last edited:
The tone of your posts generally appear to be confrontational with some. I won't mention names here, but I have seen it with other posters. You seem to be on attack with other's viewpoints, being disagreeable vs. disagreeing. You intentionally chose to use words as "anyone in their right mind" as well as spewing "not sure how anyone wouldn't be aware of it considering the coverage it has gotten," etc. I was having a conversation with Cowtown, in regards to the hard hit right at Urshela, he thought it was error in his view. You didn't go after him. On the bat handle tip, I stated if that was indeed the case (2 strikes and caught tip) than that was a horse of a different color and hence understood the magnitude of the call.

The "subjective scorer's decision" is no more than your subjective opinion. Your opinion is fine, but it doesn't mean it's right and pathetically trying to suggest it's right by implying that the official scorer is incompetent...or again, "out of his right mind." This quote of your's is telling as well..."Show that play to the people who regularly act as official scorers for MLB games and I assure you at least half would score that a hit." That is an asinine post, as again, suggesting the official scorer was just some incompetent Joe that they found off the street to put in there for a decisive ALDS Game 5. You claiming innocence when you are well aware what you're implying is a typical behavioral pattern of passive-aggressive types...as yourself.
Honestly, I come to the board as a diversion and to have a little fun. Certainly there are posters I enjoy more than others, and some who don't even register on my radar. Feel free to ignore my posts or respond to them or report them or psychoanalyze them. It's your call.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom