2017 Yankees Thread | Page 140 | Syracusefan.com

2017 Yankees Thread

Exceeding $67.5 over three years seems like a stretch to me. Especially for a guy that, while talented, has some shoulder issues that make a long term deal for big $$$ rather risky.

The market for pitchers is pretty crazy. See Leake, Mike.

This is good for the Yankees I think.

Wondering if this helps with Ohtani.

MLB and NPB need to come to a new agreement on a posting rule, it's all in a holding pattern. If Otani is tied to th bonus cap system, I could see this helping, since it's not like anyone can outbid another team.

Japanese pitchers incur a lot of mileage before they ever hit the states. I remember reading stories about DiceK having thrown 200 pitches in high school games without much rest.
I heard that about Dice K also, but his case may be the exception. I know starters in Japan normally pitch once per week too and believe the professional baseball season is shorter there. As a group, the Japanese pitchers who have come over here haven't seemed any more or less durable or injury prone than other pitchers, but I could be wrong.

U crazy.

I wanted him out and gone.

I’ll never feel comfortable no matter how well he pitches. I can’t believe he’s made it this long without the surgery.

That said, the guy is such a competitor and when he’s on, he’s so fun to watch. When he’s off he’s fun to watch too if you like HRs no matter who hits them.

The market for pitchers is pretty crazy. See Leake, Mike.

This is good for the Yankees I think.

MLB and NPB need to come to a new agreement on a posting rule, it's all in a holding pattern. If Otani is tied to th bonus cap system, I could see this helping, since it's not like anyone can outbid another team.

I agree that it's good for the NYY. My point was there was never any drama here. He could never have improved upon his current deal.

Any early word on Todd Frazier? I was a little skeptical about him when he first came over, but I like what he brings. And if they sign him, does that put Holliday or Headley out?

Any early word on Todd Frazier? I was a little skeptical about him when he first came over, but I like what he brings. And if they sign him, does that put Holliday or Headley out?

Headley is under contract for 2018. Holliday is a FA.

So long to the "Official Hot Dog of the Toronto Blue Jays." Sayo-freaking-nara. He was such a sniveling, whining bitch he almost made Albert (Don't Call Me Joey) Belle appear pleasant. He made Jeffrey "Penitentiary Face" Leonard seem downright jovial, LOL!

So long to the "Official Hot Dog of the Toronto Blue Jays." Sayo-freaking-nara. He was such a sniveling, whining bitch he almost made Albert (Don't Call Me Joey) Belle appear pleasant. He made Jeffrey "Penitentiary Face" Leonard seem downright jovial, LOL!

When I think of my least favorite MLB player, he is the first to come to mind. Then I'd have to really think of anyone else I truly dislike.

When I think of my least favorite MLB player, he is the first to come to mind. Then I'd have to really think of anyone else I truly dislike.

That pr#ck would catch the final out of an inning on the road, and fake tossing the ball to the fans a few times, then turn and jog to the dugout with it. And he wondered why they rode his ass. Freakinidjit. Baseball and the Jays are better off without him. I don't really like Rougned Odor but I howled when he punched out Joey Bats after that slide into second. I'm not much for baseball fights, but that was a thing of beauty. :D

As of right now, CC, Pineda, Garcia, T.Frazier, and Holliday are off the books.

None of these guys appear on the 40 man roster:

Transactions

I'm hoping that's all just formality to improve their bargaining position.

End of the year accounting. Once their contracts expire, they're free agents and off the 40.

They can re-sign with the Yanks, or they're free to negotiate with another team.

Will someone explain to me how

1. Girardi is not a finalist for Manager of the Year??

And 2. Francona is??

The Yankees were picked to win 83 games this year, they won 91.

Francona took the reigning AL penant winners, to the 2nd seed.

Yankee bias again.

This is why there are so many Yankee haters (and Yankee fans).

That tweet was well done. I'll give them credit for that. No doubt there are a lot of haters due to the Yankees success. But I think it also has to do with a certain blowhard owner who many people viewed as baseball's version of our president. I just knew growing up that I could never cheer for a team with him involved.

Okay, back to your Yankees discussion now that I've started the morning with my hot take.

That tweet was well done. I'll give them credit for that. No doubt there are a lot of haters due to the Yankees success. But I think it also has to do with a certain blowhard owner who many people viewed as baseball's version of our president. I just knew growing up that I could never cheer for a team with him involved.

Okay, back to your Yankees discussion now that I've started the morning with my hot take.
Oh man, you missed great fun. He always kept it interesting. And you never had to worry about if they would care enough to compete. Whether they did smart things or stuff blew up, you knew they'd be entertaining.

Nothing was better than when George would send a ‘Missive’ to Mike and Dog about the current plight of the Yankees and how all would be great soon.

Chris would set it up, then the Patton soundtrack would play and he’d hand it to Mike to read as “General George M. Steinbrenner the 3rd”...

Nothing was better than when George would send a ‘Missive’ to Mike and Dog about the current plight of the Yankees and how all would be great soon.

Chris would set it up, then the Patton soundtrack would play and he’d hand it to Mike to read as “General George M. Steinbrenner the 3rd”...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom