2017 Yankees Thread | Page 139 | Syracusefan.com

2017 Yankees Thread

Losing Girardi and Rothschild might be the reason he bolts.

That would make more sense (if he does) because I always saw Joe as a player's manager. So, who wanted him gone, Cash or Hal? Both?

What am I missing? How could he come close to duplicating those #s?

There's a ton of money in the FA market and Tanaka is pretty good. He was really good before 2017; my gut says he could get like 5/100?

Mike Leake got 5/90 a few years back. Mike Leake!

There's a ton of money in the FA market and Tanaka is pretty good. He was really good before 2017; my gut says he could get like 5/100?

I always think of him as older but Tanaka just turned 29 the other day, so it's not like you're getting a guy on the backside of his career.

I always think of him as older but Tanaka just turned 29 the other day, so it's not like you're getting a guy on the backside of his career.

Yeah, the possible UCL injury is an issue, but he's a pretty good pitcher.

I wonder if you get something like the justin upton situation, where the yankees tack on another year or 2 to the existing deal

Yeah, the possible UCL injury is an issue, but he's a pretty good pitcher.

I wonder if you get something like the justin upton situation, where the yankees tack on another year or 2 to the existing deal
I would be okay with the Yanks doing that, but am hoping he just opts in and goes for a big payday after the 2020 season.

I would be okay with the Yanks doing that, but am hoping he just opts in and goes for a big payday after the 2020 season.

That's pretty risky for him I think. I dunno though. If he had any of his prior seasons this year, it's a no brainer, he opts out. He wasn't great last year, but he still has a pretty solid track record.

Well I'm an idiot
No, you're not. I thought the Yankees would have to tack on an extra year or two, but 3 years/$67M in hand is decent money, especially if he is comfortable in NY and wants to play for a legit WS contender.

I feel good about Tanaka coming back.

No way this will come back and bite us.

Exceeding $67.5 over three years seems like a stretch to me. Especially for a guy that, while talented, has some shoulder issues that make a long term deal for big $$$ rather risky.

Japanese pitchers incur a lot of mileage before they ever hit the states. I remember reading stories about DiceK having thrown 200 pitches in high school games without much rest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom